District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

No, Columbia Central beat Sycamore by 27. Same town......different school. CHS is AAA, wins their district more often than not and sends numerous kids to DI schools. CA doesn't.

You really don't want to compare Sycamore's out of district schedule to Fairview. They have probably the toughest out of district schedule in the mid state. They're playing ranked teams more often than not or good AA and AAA schools. I'm not against a 1-A opponent every now and then, I just think 8 or 9 of them is a soft schedule.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when scheduling, sometimes people will not schedule you as well. Most of the in county schools will not play fairview as neither would get much out of the games. the 1A schools you listed are a little farther then the ones fairview plays. yes fairview did have houston county on the schedule but it was cancelled due to weather. fairview played culleoka when they had Demario Williams (now at MTSU) and beat them and could not get them to play again. regardless of the other district deing down, it is still good to play them to see what they have for next year. in some counties you are limited by the bus people as well. if it is not a district game, williamson county will not let you have a bus before 4:15. that makes it hard to go other places to play that are not within an hour of the school.

getting back on topic, big games friday in the district:

Fairview at CW: this is homecoming for the Wood and playing at home is a benefit for them. the first matchup was a physical game, and this one should be the same. CW by 10.

Harpeth at Cheatham: Harpeth should win this one easily, it is not secret that Cheatham is just bad this year. it is a big rivalry game which could keep it close for a while, but Harpeth wins this one by at least 15.

Sycamore at Waverly: this should be a good game. Wavo at home is usually tough and i dont expect them to have an off shooting night like they did tuesday. these two match up well with each other size wise. i like wavo in a close one, by 2 at the buzzer.

MC at SC: pretty even matchup here, both are struggling right now. neither shoots the ball especially well on a consistant basis. since all things being equal i give the edge to SC at home with the home cooking they get, but it will be close. SC by 5.

Fairview is looking for a win against the top tier teams in the district and with a win can stay in hunt for a 2 or 3 seed. CW moves one step closer to the 1 seed with a win. Harpeth should win easy, but if they somehow give a game to Cheatham it could come back to bite them as it could be the difference in a 3 and 4 seed, making them most likely playing waverly again after to close games. Sycamore needs a win to keep hope alive for the 1 seed in the tourny, and wavo can not afford to lose many more games or they can slip out of the 4-5 game and into a much hard matchup in the opening round. SC and MC seem to be set in their spots in the seeding barring any miraclous upsets on their part.

No, Columbia Central beat Sycamore by 27. Same town......different school. CHS is AAA, wins their district more often than not and sends numerous kids to DI schools. CA doesn't.

You really don't want to compare Sycamore's out of district schedule to Fairview. They have probably the toughest out of district schedule in the mid state. They're playing ranked teams more often than not or good AA and AAA schools. I'm not against a 1-A opponent every now and then, I just think 8 or 9 of them is a soft schedule.

Clarksville Academy, not Columbia Academy

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Clarksville Academy (18 - 4 - 0) 18 16 20 21 75

Sycamore High School (11 - 12 - 0) 10 14 9 15 48

Clarksville Academy, not Columbia Academy

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

Clarksville Academy (18 - 4 - 0) 18 16 20 21 75

Sycamore High School (11 - 12 - 0) 10 14 9 15 48

Ok, I'll bite. Here's Sycamore's non district schedule

# Team Overall Classification

2x Clarksville NE 13-5 Division I, Class AAA

1x Ensworth 20-2 Division II

1x Clarksville Academy 18-4 Division I, Class A

1x Friendship Christian 17-3 Division I, Class A

1x Columbia 16-4 Division I, Class AAA

1x Maplewood 15-4 Division I, Class AAA

1x Independence 14-7 Division I, Class AAA

1x CPA 14-7 Division I, Class AA

1x Middle TN Christian 11-13 Division I, Class A

1x Ezell-Harding 8-14 Division I, Class AA

1x White House 7-11 Division I, Class AA

1x Hickman Co. 7-13 Division I, Class AA

Won loss record non district opponents 160-87

You'd have to say that playing Clarksville Academy and Friendship Christian was good for both schools. The very good 1A schools got some AA competition and Sycamore got to play quality 1A schools.

Here's Fairviews non district schedule

# Team Overall Classification

2x East Hickman 5-11 Division I, Class AA

2x Nashville Christian 5-14 Division I, Class A

2x McEwen 4-8 Division I, Class A

2x Santa Fe 4-15 Division I, Class A

1x Page 13-7 Division I, Class AA

1x Columbia Academy 10-10 Division I, Class A

1x Houston Co. 6-7 Division I, Class A

Won loss record non district opponents 47-72

There's not a quality 1A opponent on this schedule. None have a winning record.

All the 11AA schools that want to switch schedules with Sycamore raise your hand.

Ok guys I have been trying to see how the standings will work out. This is how things are as of now. Correct me if I am wrong.

1. Creekwood 8-1

2. Sycamore 7-2

3. Harpeth 6-3

4. Fairview 6-3

5. Waverly 5-5

6. Mont. Central 4-7

7. Stewart Co. 2-9

8. Cheatham Co. 0-8

Creekwood is looking like they will get the number one seed. I like Harpeth to finish with the number two seed with Sycamore getting the three seed. I see Fairview hosting Waverly in the four vs. five matchup. I see Stewart Co. winning against MC and Cheatham getting them the number six seed based on beating a higher ranked seed in Harpeth. MC will finish as the 7th and Cheatham as the eight seed.

My Projections

1. Creekwood

2. Harpeth

3. Sycamore

4. Fairview

5. Waverly'

6. Stewart Co.

7. Mont Centreal

8. Cheatham Co.

Well there were some pretty big games tonight in the district.

Stewart Co. beats MC by 10+ at home. The post play of SC is what killed the Indians tonight by scoring a combined 35 points. SC can get the 6 seed barring any upset by MC as long as they take care of Cheatham Co.

Sycamore beat Waverly tonight 56-48. It was tied up going into the 4th. Dempsey had 23 and Staggs had 21 for Sycamore. Leonard led Waverly with 20. The post game seemed to be too much for Waverly tonight.

Harpeth dominated Cheatham Co. tonight. Seems like Caruthers didn't have to do much scoring only eight points. Horkins led Harpeth with 16. The Indians took over in the 2nd quarter outscoring Cheatham 21-6.

Creekwood beat Fairview 64-37 tonight at CW. The Red Hawks were up 11 going into the 4th and outscored the Yellow Jackets by 16 in the final quarter. Walton led the Red Hawks with 17 points.

The district is still a little shaky at this point. 6-8 seems to be more clear and Creekwood is still the front runner for the number one seed. We will learn more after this next week.

Ok, I want all of you guys to rent Animal House and go to the part where Bluto is chastising his frat brothers about giving up after Dean Wormer tells them they're 'finished at Faber'.

There's no Sycamore fans, the Creekwood fans are practicing baseball, the Harpeth fans are in college and just reading whatever I post, the Fairview fans are embarrassed to be ranked #20 in AA on coacht with their pathetic schedule and everybody else is just looking forward to something else I guess. I mean SC has been holding up their end of the bargain. You can't expect much more from the #7 seed and they're kicking every body else's butts in supporting their team. I mean, it doesn't cost a dime to post on in season boards. This is pathetic!

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Heck no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard]

Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the heck happened to the 11AA I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest coacht district thread, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to post with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my grits from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Heck, there's not an 11AA girl's thread at all. You're all worthless and weak. Now drop and give me 20!

KSgovols I looked for the girls thread and never found it. SC girls played heck of a game last night. But if we beat Cheatham you can say SC is the 6 seed barring an upset. I loved it two or three years ago when SC had West and Lancaster and even the year before. Every schools had atleast 2-3 people to post on here. Where did everyone go? Does anybody even look at it anymore?

"I ran outta gas! I had a flat tire! I didn't have enough money for cab fare! My tux didn't come back from the cleaners! An old friend came in from outta town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts!! It wasn't my fault I swear to God!!!" (Joliet Jake/Blues Brothers)

Sorry ksgovols, I'll try to carry my weight. I'm gonna have to talk to someone other than you, however, and you know how I feel about that.

I told you a week or so after district games started, that I felt the top 4 teams could possibly split all their games with each other. I know that's not been the case, but the top 3 possibly can, I believe.

I'm still trying to get a handle on names and numbers of a couple of teams. Seems most teams are missing a key component and can't find the key to consistency.

Harpeth needs some post scoring in a bad way. I've been very impressed with Trey's leadership and hustle. Perry has been consistent. I'm glad to see that Zach's shot is falling again. I'm also impressed with the way Coach Wilson is getting his rookies some quality floor time, that will come up big down the stretch. All that doesn't go very far if you can't get more than 8 points from the blocks. Harpeth has been 6'-4 to 6'-6 across the baseline for the past 4 years or so. That goes a long way.

I'm familiar with Sycamore's team, been watching them from Jr. Pro on. They have exceeded my expectations. Probably playing the most consistent ball of the bunch, but fairly quietly in my world, haven't really heard much from them this year. Probably my odds-on favorite to take the district. They consistently have 8 or more in the scoring column. Deepest team in the district.

Creek Wood is playing good ball as well. Also a deep bench, 7-8 in the scoring column most games. I'm always impressed with the product Coach Taylor puts on the floor. Will be interesting to see how their game at Harpeth plays out.

Fairview is a little tough to figure out for me. Got potential to make noise come tournament time if they can string a couple of good performances together. Got some depth. Must wins from here on out. Can't seem to get one from the top 3 teams and isn't gonna be any easier @ Sycamore and @ Harpeth. I haven't seen them play, but will @ Harpeth.

Waverly has not lived up to my expectations. Good bunch of young men. I was most excited when the season started about this Tiger team. What I saw last year had me a believer. Shooting slumps and inconsistent play has hurt them. Lack of a post presence has taken it's toll on them as well.

SC has made things interesting with their win over Harpeth. A win over one of the other top teams would have really spiced it up, but haven't been able to pull it off. One more chance at CW.

Overall, as it's been said many times in this thread, an average district. Not as many big names right now. Most teams seam fairly young. The overall level of play will get better over the next couple of years.

Tired of typing. We'll see how things shake out over the next couple of weeks.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />