District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

I think we'll all have to get on facebook or myspace and tell the student body which district their school is in. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

There aren't as many sports savvy students running around as there used to be a couple of years ago. Maybe HHSNumberonefan can come home and give a tutorial on how to use coacht.

I agree with your assessment. Waverly has disappointed to a degree, but I wouldn't want to face them at tournament time. I thought Sycamore would miss Mitchell more than they have. Creekwood is no surprise. I knew they had a good team with a dominant post that nobody in our district really matches up with that well. I was disappointed in Harpeth's loss at Stewart County but @ Waverly and @ Sycamore not so much. They got the @ Creekwood monkey off their back so 7-3 is about where I thought they'd be.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KS it is called baseball conditioning for 1 more week. Talk has been a little slow, but clean. I do not like the nastiness these boards bring about sometimes. I need to know has anyone seen 12AA play any. Syacamore and Creek Wood have been very steady and played some decent non district comp. Dempsey is a warrior. He and Hyndman from the Wood always have a nice matchup. About 2 more weeks and we will be welcoming the fianl four to the wood for some 11AA tourney action. 30PEACE!!!

My bad coach. "Conditioning" must be eating up Boobies coacht time. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm not talking about nastiness, just something besides cricket's chirping on here. We'd be hard pressed to find one post from a Sycamore fan on this thread which is highly unusual. Next year, they'll be in a different district. I would have thought there'd be a goodbye tour at least. We're heading into the last 2 weeks of the regular season with 3 or 4 teams mathematically still capable of winning the championship and 6 teams that are fighting for top 4 seeds and nobody cares? Even on snow days? It's pretty sad and it's reflected in a lot of the gyms across the district. Had my choice of seats at Cheatham last Friday so we sat right on the floor. The only tough ticket Harpeth fans have seen was @ Sycamore before Christmas. Likewise at home. The homecoming crowd was nice and I'm sure Sycamore and Creekwood will generate some fan interest, but the student sections outside of Stewart County have really been subpar this year from what I've seen. I think I counted 14 students at Fairview and they only had 2 losses on the season at that point. Harpeth's student section was larger in part because of the alumni that were sitting with them.

What's going on?

tuesday has some good games:

Fairview and Sycamore- interested to see how fairview plays against sycamore with johnson in the lineup. he missed the last game and it was only a two possession game when fairview started to foul and sycamore ended up with the 16 point win. fairview can keep hope alive for the three spot with a win and sycamore is looking to tighten its hold and setup a showdown with harpeth for the two seed on friday. sycamore at home by 5 is the pick.

CW at Cheatham: no brainer here, CW will drop the hammer and win this one by at least 25, Cheatham can't compete with them.

Harpeth at MC: probably the best game of the night. MC plays well at home, and Harpeth has been inconsistant this year. MC has already been eliminated from a chance to host a first round game with the loss to SC last week, but needs a win to stay in the 6th spot and avoid CW and sycamore in the first round. I can see MC getting hot and pulling this one out at home. MC in desperation and Harpeth looking ahead to friday's matchup with the war eagles is a recipe for an upset, MC by 4.

SC doesn't play on tuesday according to coacht and Waverly is out of district playing Camden.

Anybody know what happened to Kilgore last Friday night? He wasn't in the stat column for Sycamore at Waverly. He is easily their 2nd or 3rd best scoring threat although they took care of business at Waverly without him. Just wondering if anybody has any news on that.

MC will come out and play hard tonight and Harpeth needs to play with intensity. They are solidly in 3rd and have a chance to move up if they can bring their game from here on on out. Like Slube said, I am disappointed in the lack of a post presence nearly all season long. I think many expected much more from Jones than what we have seen. McMullin has definitely found his shooting groove which is much needed. Dansby is still capable of more. Glad to see Crowe getting his shot on again. I think it is expected that Caruthers and Horkins will get their share....or at least they should.

Cheatham Co. is a 1-20 basketball team but they do continue to fight and play hard for Coach Dawson. Look for them to be really improved in the years to come. They have some excellent young players and it starts with the duo of Levi Wilson and Reece Hunter. Drew Smart will be back as a senior guard next year and he is a guy who can score. There is a talented group of incoming freshmen on the way to CCCHS this year as well and they will have an immidate impact.

Harpeth wins big tonight at Montgomery Central 78-46. Caruthers had 23, Horkins 12 for Harpeth. 11 played and 10 scored. Big win for the Indians on the road. The last 3 are at home starting with Sycamore this Friday.

I see Fairview upset Sycamore at home and Creekwood handled Cheatham.

District standings going into Friday nights games.

1. Creekwood 10-1

2. Sycamore 8-3

3. Harpeth 8-3

4. Fairview 7-4

5. Waverly 5-6

6. Mont. Central 4-9

7. Stewart Co. 3-9

8. Cheatham Co. 0-10

with fairview's win last night, thing got a little tighter for the 2,3, and 4 spots. big, and i mean big, game friday when harpeth and sycamore play. the winner will be in the 2 spot for now. i think it is a bigger game for harpeth in a sense. a loss and then a loss to fairview on tuesday drops them into the four spot. sycamore with a loss probably still finishes tied for second or at worst in the 3 spot.

as for the game, tell of two halves. sycamore absoluelty dominated the first half with staggs hitting for 18 first half points. in the second half fairview dominated. sycamore had no answer for johnson who finished with 31. staggs finished will 26.

huge road district win for fairview. the win all but locks up a home game in the first round. they need one more win to guarentte they will finished no worse then tied with wavo if wavo wins out and i dont see wavo beating CW so a win friday at cheatham by fiarivew will let us know who will be hosting, just not the matchups.

Friday night's games:

Creekwood at Waverly- A win for Creekwood clinches the 1 seed. Creekwood can finish no lower than 2nd. Waverly needs the win to stay in the hunt for a home game in the first round of districts.

Sycamore at Harpeth- As usual, a big game at the end of the season for seeding. Harpeth is the only other team in the district that can finish in 1st if they win out and Creekwood slips up against someone else. The Indians can also slide all the way to 4th with 3 consecutive home court losses. Sycamore is trying to hang on to 2nd. Last district clash between these two long time rivals other than a neutral court tournament setting.

Fairview at Cheatham- A Fairview win and a Waverly loss will lock up a home game for Fairview in the first round of the tournament. If Fairview wins out they mathematically could finish as high as second with some help against the winner of the Sycamore/Harpeth game.

i think CW will take care of business and seal the 1 seed on friday. i think wavo keeps it close for a while, but CW pulls away and wins by 15.

fairview shouldn't have any trouble with cheatham and wins by 10, thus locking up a home game.

i think sycamore and harpeth can go either way. i think the difference will be how horkins and dempsey play. which ever one has a better game will win and i think harpeth wins a close one by 4 points.

if my predictions are correct, this would set up a showdown on tuesday with fairview at harpeth. it could have the 2 seed on the line. if what i predict happens, then a fairview win over harpeth monday and a win at home against waverly next week would leave fairview and sycamore tied for the 2 seed at 10-4. harpeth would then to win out to have the 2 seed. If sycamore and fairview tie at 10-4 for the two seed, i think in years past it would come down to a coin flip as all the other tie breakers would be even.

harpeth can get the two with wins over sycamore and fairview even with a loss to CW as they would be 10-4 with sycamore and have the tie breaker their win over CW earlier in the year. if harpeth wins friday, but loses to fairview and CW it drops to the 4 seed.

sycamore can fall to the 4 seed if it loses out. i dont see this happening as they have harpeth, cheatham and MC left. one win and they can do no worse than the 3 seed, two wins and they are the 2 seed with two harpeth loses.

their is not much difference in finishing 2 or 3 in the regualr season. both get a home game and it would be against SC or MC, both which are very good. the 4 seed is the one to avoid. it means a matchup with waverly who can be dangerous during tournament time. if you win that game to get to play CW at CW barring a major upset.

I think the reason for the drop off on the boards is 2 things...

1. The lack of truly passionate fans and students. Outside of a select few instances students just don't care anymore. There's no sense of school pride and general enthusiasm about sports anymore that there was just a few years ago. I've seen some big students sections this year because of rivalry games or what not, and they just sat on their hands. They just weren't into the game or even knew what was going on. The games are now just big social gatherings where kids can see their friends in not just a school environment. And please don't get offended if your school is not like this...I understand all schools are not. I'm just making a generalization...

2. The district is just not very good anymore. In past days you had teams that legitimately had shots at getting to sub-states and state tournaments (not taking anything away from Creekwood last year). You had 2 or 3 teams each year that were that good and there were some epic battles in the district. Every rivalry game meant more than just a cross town rival. There was more on the line. Which in turn, led to more discussion and deliberation (or more trash talking and witty banter if you will).

Now that being said...I do think Creekwood has the only good chance of making a sub-state if they can stay away from Bolivar. There inside game is pretty good, and they have some shooters that can fill it up when they get hot. But they tend to play down to their competition a lot so that sets them up for upsets. Harpeth could if they would play to their capabilities but I haven't seen much of that this year. Other than that I think the district is pretty average this year...

Good luck to all coming in to tournament time though. Although the district isn't great this year...outside of a few teams, anybody can beat anybody. It should make for a good tournament.

P.S. I came out of retirement for howdoitknow....who claims he needs somebody to chat with...ha ha!