District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points scanooni. The district is down, no doubt. What's really sad, is that 12AA isn't as stout as they usually are either. There were some 11AA teams that were good enough to go to state in the last 4 years that just ran up against buzzsaws at Bolivar, Liberty Tech or one of the other 12AA teams.

That still doesn't excuse the student sections. They should support their teams either way.

As far as Harpeth goes, I always like their chances at home, if the home crowd shows up. They've won big in their last 3 or 4 district games which is something they've had trouble with as a young team. They have played to the level of their competition a number of times this season, but........Trey has really matured as a team leader. I did not see this happening prior to the season and I wondered where the team leadership would come from. Best team chemistry I've ever seen on a Harpeth team for the WHOLE team. I am very proud of Trey for stepping into that role. Particularly at home, it's not all on Trey to score. Opposing teams will have to defend everyone and the young guys aren't that young 20 something games into the season.

There were some 11AA teams that were good enough to go to state in the last 4 years that just ran up against buzzsaws at Bolivar, Liberty Tech or one of the other 12AA teams.

2001-2002: Sycamore was the district's best team. They beat Harpeth in the regional semifinals before being beaten by Marshall Co. The Tigers finished as the state runner up that year to Ridgeway. In the substate Sycamore lost to Bolivar (who was eliminated in the state semifinals by Marshall Co.).

2002-2003: Sycamore was again the district's top team as they won the tourney by crushing Waverly in the title game. After they then hammered Montgomery Central in the regional semifinals they were beaten in the regional final by Giles Co. The Bobcats won the state title that year.

2003-2004: Sycamore again won the district tourney following a very average season. They beat Cheatham Co. in the championship game and went to regions as the top seed. In the regional semifinals they beat Waverly in a shootout. In the title game of the regionals they lost again to Giles Co. In the substate they bowed out at Bolivar for the second time in three years. Bolivar won the state title that year over JSS (who eliminated Giles).

2004-2005: Waverly was the district's top team all year and throughout the tourney. Following a big time win over Sycamore in the district tourney the Tigers rolled to a region final game against Giles Co. The Bobcats won and that sent Waverly to Bolivar for the substate game. Bolivar eliminated Waverly in that game and went on to win their second straight state title.

2005-2006: The district was very even this year as Harpeth, Sycamore, and Cheatham Co. were all very solid basketball teams. Harpeth won the district and Sycamore finished as #2 and Cheatham Co. was #3. In the regionals Cheatham Co. got eliminated by Liberty Tech. Sycamore was eliminated by Bolivar. Both of those teams went to the state tourney and Bolivar fell to Mitchell in the opening round. Liberty Tech beat Mitchell to win their first state championship.

2006-2007: The district was again very even this year as Harpeth, Sycamore, and Cheatham Co. all played some classics. Harpeth again won the district tourney by beating Sycamore in the title game. In the regional tourney Liberty Tech knocked both Cheatham Co. & Sycamore out. Harpeth was ousted by another state tournament Bolivar team. This was the year that Liberty Tech again went on to win a second state title.

2007-2008: Sycamore and Harpeth played for the district title and Sycamore won the tourney but in the regionals it was a suprising Creek Wood bunch that stole the show. The Red Hawks eliminated Sycamore in the regional semifinals while Harpeth was ousted by Bolivar Central. Creek Wood eventually lost to the Tigers from B-Town in the regional final. Bolivar went to the state tourney yet again. In the substate Creek Wood was eliminated by C.P.A. The Lions fell in the opening round of the state tourney in a controversial game against Dyer Co.

2008-2009: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This district has seen a few great teams over the years. The 20 guys on these 5 teams were/have been GREAT high school basketball players over the years. All of them have played on teams that they took to the state tournament.

Marshall Co. (Kyle Young, A.J. James, Daryl Henry)

Giles Co. (Tyler Smith, Channing Coffey, Shay Shannon, Travis Gentry, Eric Howard)

Bolivar (Cameron Crisp, Willie Kemp, Olajuwan Kemp, Brian Lake, Wayne Chism)

Liberty Tech (Brandon Evans, Anthony Sampson, Antwan Long, Jewaun Long, Josh Sain)

CPA (Hunter Miller & Zaccheus Mason)

Glad to see scanooni22 was able to shake that dust off of the keyboard and make his long awaited return to the "T" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

2001-2002: Sycamore was the district's best team. They beat Harpeth in the regional semifinals before being beaten by Marshall Co. The Tigers finished as the state runner up that year to Ridgeway. In the substate Sycamore lost to Bolivar (who was eliminated in the state semifinals by Marshall Co.).

2002-2003: Sycamore was again the district's top team as they won the tourney by crushing Waverly in the title game. After they then hammered Montgomery Central in the regional semifinals they were beaten in the regional final by Giles Co. The Bobcats won the state title that year.

2003-2004: Sycamore again won the district tourney following a very average season. They beat Cheatham Co. in the championship game and went to regions as the top seed. In the regional semifinals they beat Waverly in a shootout. In the title game of the regionals they lost again to Giles Co. In the substate they bowed out at Bolivar for the second time in three years. Bolivar won the state title that year over JSS (who eliminated Giles).

2004-2005: Waverly was the district's top team all year and throughout the tourney. Following a big time win over Sycamore in the district tourney the Tigers rolled to a region final game against Giles Co. The Bobcats won and that sent Waverly to Bolivar for the substate game. Bolivar eliminated Waverly in that game and went on to win their second straight state title.

2005-2006: The district was very even this year as Harpeth, Sycamore, and Cheatham Co. were all very solid basketball teams. Harpeth won the district and Sycamore finished as #2 and Cheatham Co. was #3. In the regionals Cheatham Co. got eliminated by Liberty Tech. Sycamore was eliminated by Bolivar. Both of those teams went to the state tourney and Bolivar fell to Mitchell in the opening round. Liberty Tech beat Mitchell to win their first state championship.

2006-2007: The district was again very even this year as Harpeth, Sycamore, and Cheatham Co. all played some classics. Harpeth again won the district tourney by beating Sycamore in the title game. In the regional tourney Liberty Tech knocked both Cheatham Co. & Sycamore out. Harpeth was ousted by another state tournament Bolivar team. This was the year that Liberty Tech again went on to win a second state title.

2007-2008: Sycamore and Harpeth played for the district title and Sycamore won the tourney but in the regionals it was a suprising Creek Wood bunch that stole the show. The Red Hawks eliminated Sycamore in the regional semifinals while Harpeth was ousted by Bolivar Central. Creek Wood eventually lost to the Tigers from B-Town in the regional final. Bolivar went to the state tourney yet again. In the substate Creek Wood was eliminated by C.P.A. The Lions fell in the opening round of the state tourney in a controversial game against Dyer Co.

2008-2009: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This district has seen a few great teams over the years. The 20 guys on these 5 teams were/have been GREAT high school basketball players over the years. All of them have played on teams that they took to the state tournament.

Marshall Co. (Kyle Young, A.J. James, Daryl Henry)

Giles Co. (Tyler Smith, Channing Coffey, Shay Shannon, Travis Gentry, Eric Howard)

Bolivar (Cameron Crisp, Willie Kemp, Olajuwan Kemp, Brian Lake, Wayne Chism)

Liberty Tech (Brandon Evans, Anthony Sampson, Antwan Long, Jewaun Long, Josh Sain)

CPA (Hunter Miller & Zaccheus Mason)

Glad to see scanooni22 was able to shake that dust off of the keyboard and make his long awaited return to the "T" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good analysis, but Waverly and Harpeth were the top two teams in the district in 2001-2002. Waverly lost to Marshall county in the regionals in double overtime. That was also when Josh Goodwin was a Senior for Harpeth.

Anybody know what happened to Kilgore last Friday night? He wasn't in the stat column for Sycamore at Waverly. He is easily their 2nd or 3rd best scoring threat although they took care of business at Waverly without him. Just wondering if anybody has any news on that.

MC will come out and play hard tonight and Harpeth needs to play with intensity. They are solidly in 3rd and have a chance to move up if they can bring their game from here on on out. Like Slube said, I am disappointed in the lack of a post presence nearly all season long. I think many expected much more from Jones than what we have seen. McMullin has definitely found his shooting groove which is much needed. Dansby is still capable of more. Glad to see Crowe getting his shot on again. I think it is expected that Caruthers and Horkins will get their share....or at least they should.

He was sick and did not travel with the team.

He was sick and did not travel with the team.

Is he still sick? What about tonights game with harpeth?This is very big for both teams..#1 seed still up in air.Waverly

plays Creekwood in another big game for both teams. Is Creekwood for real or will Har./Syc./Frv. sneak in to #1 seed.Fairview surprised people with big win over Syc. on road Tuesday.They may be playing best of all 11aa teams as of today.

kilgore played in the game against fairview last week, but was limited due to foul trouble and was never a factor in the game.

Tonight could smooth a few things out and make the seeding clearer or completely muddy the waters. A CW win over Wavo and a Harpeth loss to Sycamore gives the one seed to CW. A fairview win over Cheatham and a Wavo loss to CW means Wavo is locked in at the 5 seed no matter what and would guarentee that Fairview, Harpeth, Sycamore, and CW would be the hosts for the 1st round. A CW loss would keep Sycamore and Harpeth a live for the 1 seed. A Harpeth win and it would set up a showdown tuesday with Fairview for the 2 spot.

I know i made my predicitons earlier, but here they are with a minor change:

CW over Wavo by at least 10.

Fairview over Cheatham by at least 15.

In the best game of the evening I see Sycamore rebounding and winning a close one by 2 over Harpeth.

So after tonight i see CW locking up the one seed, Sycamore needing just one more win to lock in at 2, and the winner of the Fairview-Harpeth game Tuesday getting the 3 and the loser at 4. Wavo at 5, SC at 6, MC at 7, and Cheatham at 8.

Final standings prediction:

1. Creek Wood 13-1

2. Sycamore 11-3

3. Fairview at 10-4

4. Harpeth at 8-6

5. Waverly at 6-8

6. Stewart Co at 4-10 (SC win over Harpeth would be the tie breaker)

7. Mont. Cent. at 4-10

8. Cheatham Co at 0-14

Pretty big games in the district tonight with a lot of implications...

Harpeth over Sycamore by 6. I think Harpeth wins in a very heated battle. Caruthers has 30.

Creekwood over Waverly by 10. Too much inside for Creekwood.

Fairview over Cheatham by 4 with the Cubs playing a good game and giving a scare at home.

I'm looking forward to the final few games and how everything will shake up...it should be a good finish and an even better district tournament this year!

District Standings

1.) Creek Wood (10-1)

2.) Sycamore (8-3)

2.) Harpeth (8-3)

4.) Fairview (7-4)

5.) Waverly (5-6)

6.) Montgomery Central (4-9)

7.) Stewart Co. (3-9)

8.) Cheatham Co. (0-10)

Tonight

Creek Wood at Waverly Central

Fairview at Cheatham Co.

Sycamore at Harpeth

Saturday

Cheatham Co. at Stewart Co.

Tuesday

Montgomery Central at Sycamore

Cheatham Co. at Waverly Central

Fairview at Harpeth

Creek Wood at Stewart Co.

Friday

Sycamore at Cheatham Co.

Creek Wood at Harpeth

Waverly Central at Fairview

There is just 1 more week remaining until the regular season finishes and the postseason tournament becomes set. I agree with ballbasher30 that tonight's games will indeed tell us a lot more than what we now know. I also agree with scanooni22 in his picks of tonights games. This year the district has belonged to Creek Wood. Aside from a Saturday night home hiccup against Harpeth they have truly been the team to beat. Both Harpeth and Sycamore have looked great at times and at other times they have made people scratch their heads. Fairview has been very solid but all of those home losses to the district's elite teams are hurting their chances of winning the district title. Waverly Central has overcame a pittiful start to finish at a respectable place. They have a chance tonight to play a very good team in their gym. Montgomery Central started out as a nice story but they have struggled in a big way lately. Stewart Co. is pesky as always and they could sneak into the #6 position when all is said and done. Cheatham Co. has struggled this year as the rebuilding has been a hard road. They should be much more competitive next year.