Region 7A vs. Region 8A

volfan007

Halls is much improved over the teams we've taken to McKenzie and UC the past few years. That said, I thought we hung close with those squads until close to halftime and then a big play or two put the hurt on us. I think our Defense is much improved and our Offense is as well, although it hasn't really shown it the last couple of weeks. I was hoping to host a game this year, but we let Fayette off the hook and couldn't keep up with Manassas in the 4th Quarter. We are 3-0 against 7A this year...it would be sweet to knock off #1 up there and go 4-0. We have a couple of AA teams to play before we get there, plus a home game versus TCA to end the year at home. I hope we can stay healthy until November rolls around.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Halls offense, they always have a chance to beat anyone. TCA is well coached and if they get healthy upfront, with their very talented QB, they can win each time out. Fayette has played a murderous schedule and have stayed healthy despite it. They are always dangerous and better than their record suggests. Manassas, despite what some are saying, is in fact well coached. This team was 1-9 2 years ago, 7-3 last year while losing at Bruceton 44-40 in the first roung of the playoffs having 2 TDs called back, and you can see that they are a 2 point conversion away from being undefeated this year. Also, for 7A people that don't know, they had 14 penalties for 125 yards verse TCA'c 3 for 20 - any many are suspect about a handful of those calls. To make the evening even worse, they fumbled a punt on their own 5, had 1 st and goal on the 1 and didn't score in the 2 nd Qtr, and TCA kicked a 47 yard field goal - after all this they lost by 1 when missing a 2 point conversion. They haven't made all this progress by accident, and frankly it was a good learning experience for them - they grew from the experience. Clearly Mckenzie and UC are the cream of the crop in 7A, but after that, it seems to be a significant drop, while 8A seems to post 4 quality teams. No way to predict a fitrst round sweep, but one could certainly see 3-1 for 8A. Also, order matters and tomorrow is huge. If TCA beats Fayette then TCA - 1, Manassas - 2, Fayette - 3, Halls - 4. However, if Fayette beats TCA, then Manassas - 1, Fayette - 2, Trinity - 3, Halls - 4, this all of course assuming TCA beats Halls at the season's end. Either way, 7As 2nd place team gets Trinity or Fayette, which is a very tough draw, thus the 3-1 prediction, and if Halls upsets.....Well, sweep it is. Of course, I'm just the daughter of a football coach, so what do I know?!

Looks to be a great round of playoffs. I agree that either TCA or Fayette make a strong # 3. Manassas will be 9-1 and #2 seed, that pretty good if you ask me. I dont think it will be a sweep though, it will be hard for Halls to go up to Union City and get a win. Also, McKenzie has been here and they know how to move on. 8A will be determined by one game tonight (TCA vs Fayette) while 7A has a lot of shuffling left to do. 7A might not be decided until the Saturday after week 10 and coin flip breaks the tie.

You are smoking something if you do not think union city and mckenzie will be playing each other in round 3 both teams will coast thru the first two rounds of the playoffs!!!!!!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> youre hilarious... and pretty stupid if you honestly believe uc and mckenzie will roll over region 8a

Halls is much improved over the teams we've taken to McKenzie and UC the past few years. That said, I thought we hung close with those squads until close to halftime and then a big play or two put the hurt on us. I think our Defense is much improved and our Offense is as well, although it hasn't really shown it the last couple of weeks. I was hoping to host a game this year, but we let Fayette off the hook and couldn't keep up with Manassas in the 4th Quarter. We are 3-0 against 7A this year...it would be sweet to knock off #1 up there and go 4-0. We have a couple of AA teams to play before we get there, plus a home game versus TCA to end the year at home. I hope we can stay healthy until November rolls around.

Well my memory of Halls isn't the same as yours...Last time we played Halls was in 2005 and it was 54-7 UC...I'm pretty sure that game was close till right after the coin toss....We played again in 1999 and UC won 72-8...That game is one of the biggest wins in school history...I'm almost certain we played in 2000,the year we were runner-up to Alcoa in the state championship game...That was the only time I have seen Halls @ Halls...But in the Tiger's defense they should have earned some sort of medal of courage just to be out on the field with those 90's teams UC had...

Of course times change and now Halls and UC are on more even terms numbers wise..Actually Halls may even be a larger school now....Their QB will be a challenge if he gets time to throw the ball...UC has had 24 sacks the last 4 games and 6 INT's....

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> youre hilarious... and pretty stupid if you honestly believe uc and mckenzie will roll over region 8a

Mark it down Oct 21 2008 i declare that mckenzie and uc will be playing in rd 3.... Now when Nov 14 comes and your all depressed i want you to get on coach t and declare that region 7 is better than region 8

Mark it down Oct 21 2008 i declare that mckenzie and uc will be playing in rd 3.... Now when Nov 14 comes and your all depressed i want you to get on coach t and declare that region 7 is better than region 8

I dont think that will happen but if it does I'll take McKenzie in a rematch. I'm not real sure either Union City or McKenzie will be there. Union City has the easier path and they get to play at home at least the first two games.

this is almost funny... i cant believe that youre dumb enough to make this kind of guarantee... and to say that region 7 is better than region 8 would be dumb on my part... usj and jcs should still be in our region if not for the multiplier which is a ridiculous move by tssaa and if usj and jcs were still in our region then region 7a wouldnt win a playoff game for the next hundred years

this is almost funny... i cant believe that youre dumb enough to make this kind of guarantee... and to say that region 7 is better than region 8 would be dumb on my part... usj and jcs should still be in our region if not for the multiplier which is a ridiculous move by tssaa and if usj and jcs were still in our region then region 7a wouldnt win a playoff game for the next hundred years

That's a long time /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ...And an equally dumb statement... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="