Meigs Coaching

TigerTrainer

I believe it has been 4 years Coach D came when Coach Martin did and has been a big part of our success. His critics say he ran players off or the kids wouldnt play because of him, both ridiculous. I hope the families are happy, our program will miss him.

Thanks for answering. So in other words he has had a quite a bit of success up to this season? Why are the locals so against him now?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many coaches are on Meigs coaching staff? Doesnt that make 3 coaches leaving the football team in less than a year? I think I smell a few rats. Where does the administration stand with this? Lots of unanswered questions at Meigs with all its athletic programs.

Sounds like there needs to be some house cleaning in Decatur /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Sounds like there needs to be some house cleaning in Decatur /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

BINGO!!!!

Some former Meigs players who played in the SEC and NFL recently offered to come in and help get things back on track.

They were turned down. They were told their help was not needed.

They didn't say they wanted to take over,, Just help out.

BINGO!!!!

Some former Meigs players who played in the SEC and NFL recently offered to come in and help get things back on track.

Who would you be referring to? I know of only 2 players from Meigs ever get a chance to play in the NFL.

1 played in NFL Europe the other didnt make the team.

BINGO!!!!

Somebody needs to tell these 2 guys that they volunteered to help because after asking them neither one remembers doing so...................and you find me a team full of talent and I will show you a good coach.....

How many more games would they have won with the ex-quarterback and don't you think that would make a difference on if the coach is "good" or "bad"?

IMO 6-4 maybe 7-3. The wins would not be all about him. We had several players who didnt play for one reason or another. Thanks AA Rules for that info. Some families just look for reasons to bash, but to just tell a lie, well I'll just let what they have done to our team speak for itself. Indian this was going on while we were winning. They were saying our coaching was bad during the season last year.

So did Coach Davis turn his resignation in or is that just a rumor ? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Sorry been away from computer for a couple days. I found out for sure yesterday that he has informed the admin that he was leaving after the semester.

After seeing Meigs, I really dont think its all bad, just seems like they some "technique" coaching. These guys would hit and hit hard but the little things seem to just kill them. I know someone posted somewhere back that these seniors were undefeated in youth league, dont take this in the wrong way, but I really think that the SETAC (South East Tennessee Athletic Conference) can be misleading the youth into thinking they are awesome going into high school. The competition level is a huge drop off (IMO) in the SETAC vs Sequoyah Conference. I would like to see both of these conferences combine for a super conference. Basically, dont blame it all on coaching, some of things were out of his control. Good luck next season Tigers!

After seeing Meigs, I really dont think its all bad, just seems like they some "technique" coaching. These guys would hit and hit hard but the little things seem to just kill them. I know someone posted somewhere back that these seniors were undefeated in youth league, dont take this in the wrong way, but I really think that the SETAC (South East Tennessee Athletic Conference) can be misleading the youth into thinking they are awesome going into high school. The competition level is a huge drop off (IMO) in the SETAC vs Sequoyah Conference. I would like to see both of these conferences combine for a super conference. Basically, dont blame it all on coaching, some of things were out of his control. Good luck next season Tigers!

Just to add one more thing, Meigs graduated some good tallent last season, just give it time, take it from folks who know, dont keep changing the coaches.