Meigs Coaching

TigerTrainer

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Meigs County had Travis Sneed on their coaching staff, Meigs would have went undefeated.

Is he a possible defensive coordinator? The downfall of Meigs football was when Clint Baker lost interest in coaching and went into adminstration. Meigs has never recovered from this loss. Is there a chance he would come back to coaching?

If Meigs County had Travis Sneed on their coaching staff, Meigs would have went undefeated.

Funny, haha. I dont believe Baker will be back until his kids are in high school. He is still coaching his kid. Martin leaving also hurt our program. Bakers defense always gave us a chance to win, talent or no talent.

Meigs County is in desperate need of both coordinators. The defensive coordinator has had a couple of years under his belt, the defence doesnt play very aggressive and they give up a lot of points. The offensive coordinator was new this year didnt produce much result. From what i hear Coach Harris has potential to be a good coach, just not the experience right now to be a coordinator.

i have played for coach gene davis for four years and i can say w/o a shadow of a doubt that he is absolutely the best coach i have ever played for... he teaches technique and basic fundamentals to perfection.. he accepts nothing less than his players best and expects perfection from everyone.. thats the ideal coach in my opinion? i lave the man and will always have a great deal of respect for him.. he teaches not only football as good as any coach but he prepares his players for life because when football is over kids have to grow into men and kno how to take on life and he sees to it that they are prepared.. coach i love ya and thank you for everything.. ESPECIALLY TEACHING ME TO NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who knows? We tend to lose assistant coaches around here and not replace them. That's one reason we are in the shape we are in right now!!

Unfortunately that is a problem that alot of smaller schools have. Many administrators just do not care about hiring competent teachers/coaches. It takes alot of time and effort.

i have played for coach gene davis for four years and i can say w/o a shadow of a doubt that he is absolutely the best coach i have ever played for... he teaches technique and basic fundamentals to perfection.. he accepts nothing less than his players best and expects perfection from everyone.. thats the ideal coach in my opinion? i lave the man and will always have a great deal of respect for him.. he teaches not only football as good as any coach but he prepares his players for life because when football is over kids have to grow into men and kno how to take on life and he sees to it that they are prepared.. coach i love ya and thank you for everything.. ESPECIALLY TEACHING ME TO NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice post. I'm sure most of the players feel that way about Coach D. Its a shame that some families can't see that.

I'm an Athens native and I recieve the DPA daily, Ive enjoyed reading about the Tigers for quit some time now. The thing that i have noticed from the years past to now is the points the tigers are giving up. Meigs is a small school that has always played with pride and passion and thats been shown by there defense. There seems to be none of that anymore, and from my experience once you lose pride and passion its hard to find again. I hope yall can turn it around..