Hampton and Cosby

pujo

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, There have been a few Hampton fans with some class on here giving Cosby the credit they deserve but I bet if the game would have went the other way this thread would have blown up by now....There were a awful lot of people saying Hampton by 2 TDS we haven't heard from.

During the post game interviews one of the Cosby players said " Where's the Muffin Man..??..not at Cosby..!! " /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Where's the Cosby vs grace thread..??.

I was there for the 2nd half let down at Cosby. I am more than sure that we got a little cocky after the first half. After that, we got out coached. My opinion. Our guys came out looking sluggish, whereas Cosby must have got a great halftime speech and came out ready to take on the world. Pooch kicks, unbeleivable. Why could we not recover? It was no secret. I was there 2 years ago and I knew this wouldn't be a cakewalk. But there was 2 things that bothered me; 1.) Where was Cosby's fans? we had almost as many as they did. For a team ranked in state, and the importance of this game.......I just planned on parking down at the road again ann I wasnt too far from the gate, and I was almost late. 2.) Cosby fans that stood behind us, they were giving Cosby coaches down the road for their play calling. After all that had happened for Cosby to take the lead, they were questioning the calls made by the coaches. Why bash your coach when you have just taken the lead by storm. This is no lie, and I am more than positive they are on here, becasue they also were talking about CoachT. You know who you are. And quit whining about the refs. One moron kept hollering, "Hold, they are holding every play". Guess what? You can call holding every play.

Hats off to #22. What a back. I figured him to go down and stay down after all the leg cramping. He looked like a bowling ball.

We got beat by a good team. Not great, good. But unfortunatley for us, it just took a good team to beat us. Congrats to Cosby and good luck the rest of the year. if we can somehow pull it off, I would love to see us meet again this year.

I was there for the 2nd half let down at Cosby. I am more than sure that we got a little cocky after the first half. After that, we got out coached. My opinion. Our guys came out looking sluggish, whereas Cosby must have got a great halftime speech and came out ready to take on the world. Pooch kicks, unbeleivable. Why could we not recover? It was no secret. I was there 2 years ago and I knew this wouldn't be a cakewalk. But there was 2 things that bothered me; 1.) Where was Cosby's fans? we had almost as many as they did. For a team ranked in state, and the importance of this game.......I just planned on parking down at the road again ann I wasnt too far from the gate, and I was almost late. 2.) Cosby fans that stood behind us, they were giving Cosby coaches down the road for their play calling. After all that had happened for Cosby to take the lead, they were questioning the calls made by the coaches. Why bash your coach when you have just taken the lead by storm. This is no lie, and I am more than positive they are on here, becasue they also were talking about CoachT. You know who you are. And quit whining about the refs. One moron kept hollering, "Hold, they are holding every play". Guess what? You can call holding every play.

Hats off to #22. What a back. I figured him to go down and stay down after all the leg cramping. He looked like a bowling ball.

yea #22 was a work horse when Cosby played against Cloudland . I liked his style of play . He went down when we played and came out of the game for a while then come back and ran like a wild man . Tough kid in my opinion.

I dont think the people on here was quetioning the play calling, maybe some other Cosby fans. Every game you go to the fans will question play calling when their team is losing, at any level. I agree with you on the Cosby fans. 2 years ago this game was the fullest cosby has ever seen. I dont know where they all were. And as for those wonderful pooch kicks, everyone thank L Rod for having the special teams on lock

I predicted Hampton by 10...I think. I thought Hampton had a good chance to win this game BASED on seeing them play first hand vs. just what I read on here about Cosby. Either way it sounds as if it was a heck of a game. Congrats to Cosby and good luck to Hampton in the final two weeks.....and of course good luck to Cosby as well.

I predicted Hampton by 10...I think. I thought Hampton had a good chance to win this game BASED on seeing them play first hand vs. just what I read on here about Cosby. Either way it sounds as if it was a heck of a game. Congrats to Cosby and good luck to Hampton in the final two weeks.....and of course good luck to Cosby as well.

Hampton would of won by more than 10 if not for the onside kicks. Hampton moved the ball at will on offense but couldn't get it enough in the second half. Nobody can win a game giving up 4 onside kicks especially playing against good team like Cosby.

Hampton would of won by more than 10 if not for the onside kicks. Hampton moved the ball at will on offense but couldn't get it enough in the second half. Nobody can win a game giving up 4 onside kicks especially playing against good team like Cosby.

Cosby would have won by 20 if we scored every time in the red zone , would have won by 30 if we didn't have a defensive let down when you had 4th and goal from the 12 , and if a frog had wings well you know the rest! It was a great game either way , we played great Defense when you did get the ball and we could still be there runnin the ball on yall. Those really werent onsides kicks we just got up the field in a hurry and yall didnt want the ball so we got it.

The Defender says that although Cosby won, he would suspect more from ole 25 than to not come on here and post after such a loss at the hands of the Eagles. The Defender wonders where ole 25 is now?????? The Defender thinks he probably is a little embarassed. The Defender says congratulations to the Cosby players, coaches and fans on a great win. The Defender feels that his work in this thread is done and wants to tell the Cosby coaches to enjoy Monday on the golf course...you all have earned it. The Defender says good luck to the coaches on the rest of the season and don't let BigBlue handle you on the course the way his defense handled that vaunted Hampton attack in the 2nd half Friday night. Until next time...DEFENDER OUT!!!!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Hampton got out coached on special teams. They dont practice special teams but about 5 mins on thursdays before the games, and they didnt even go over them this thursday at all !!! I over heard Mr. Lunsford cussing the boys in behind the line for not getting on the ball, instead of telling the line to block someone so they could get on the ball. He didnt even move the players into position on the kickoffs. Cosby didnt even conceal the onside kicks! So why not move them over?? Cosby was getting to the ball faster than Hamptons players could. That was the best placed onside kicks with consistancy I have seen. Everyone seen how good our onside kicking game was /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> . Alot of practice went into that kick /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . On defence, the backs were making all the tackles. Where was the line? If the backs have to make all the tackles we will lose. I watched one of our smallest backs make tackles that our biggest linemen was letting go. Altough I am glad our smallest players are doing a great job, we cant let the backs do all the work. The linemen are going to have to step up.

I am proud of my team no matter what, but that dont mean I cant be disapointed in their effort. They layed down in the second half. (the whole team thought the game was won,even the coaches at half time) Men dont let this be the way you go out this year, with a less than half effort. Please fight back and win these last two games, and act like you care.