RHEA or RED BANK

Agreed. I don't think any of us meant to say that playing hard doesn't matter. Nothing makes me prouder than watching my boys laying it all on the line on a Friday night. Several times over the past few years I've seen our team leave it all out there on the field only to have their efforts undermined by poor coaching, and that burns me up. Let's try not to chase that rabbit again though. I believe Walt has done a good job this year. That being said, the spectacular play of AJ Brown has helped him out tremendously. God only knows why we couldn't get the ball in his hands in the past, but I'll give Coach Cameron the credit for getting the job done over the past 7 games. There's no doubt AJ is the catalyst of this great passing game. Stone and Swafford do a good job complimenting him as well. That being said, I'd like to see us come out and establish the running game. Rice can pound the rock and needs his carries while Moffet is a home run threat every time he touches the ball. This offense can be tough to stop, but in my opinion, in order to win games deep into the playoffs a team must have balanced, well rounded offensive attack. Last year we had one of the most dominant running games I've ever seen in high school football. Two scholarship running backs running behind 3 division 1 linemen, but Maryville made us look like Dayton City. You have to be strong in all aspects of the game in order to beat that team. We'll also have to pull out a few more tricks from the sleeve of that green windbreaker.

GQ and crew are not our concern now though. We have to win this region over these next two weeks. It's been almost ten years since we've done it, and we're too close not to finish this now. I expect Rhea County's biggest win in years to come on Friday night. Then next weeks victory will be even bigger (and sweeter). We have the talent. We have community support. And so far we have the little bit of luck necessary to be undefeated in region 4-4A. Hopefully we can continue that against some good competition over the next 2 weeks.

good post...that really sums things up in my humble opinion. this team can do great things. alot of it has to do with that luck you mentioned towards the end....9 times out of 10 the ref calls offsides on that PAT block against soddy and who knows how that game would have ended. 9 times out of 10 we're gonna miss our extra points, but maybe when we actually make one it'll make the difference for us! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> optimism boys.

is anyone else wondering where our "ASININE" friend has gone? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope this is a physical smash mouth game and lives up to all the hype. I know this one could go either way but I'm leaning toward Rhea. As T.O. would say "you better getcha /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ready cause it's going to be a show".

Hope both teams make it through the game injury free.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I wouldn't look for no petering out tonight from the Eagles. It's going to be a war from start to finish. And as far as the pressure goes, by reading post on them week in and week out they are under pressure every week. I really believe the boys are coming tonight in first place.

I wouldn't look for no petering out tonight from the Eagles. It's going to be a war from start to finish. And as far as the pressure goes, by reading post on them week in and week out they are under pressure every week. I really believe the boys are coming tonight in first place.

Walker Valley, Chat Central, Brainerd, Hixson aren't high pressure games. Tonight is the first "big time" game this season. I think we're up to the challenge.