RHEA or RED BANK

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walker Valley, Chat Central, Brainerd, Hixson aren't high pressure games. Tonight is the first "big time" game this season. I think we're up to the challenge.

You're right. They've played some high intensity games (Soddy, McMinn), but this time, there's a region championship in the balance. Red Bank is playing tonight with only one team in its way to defend their title. Its about time somebody knocked them off their perch, especially in a Rhea County uniform.

This isn't a game to get cute. If we come out swinging for four quarters with no early letdowns, I think we can do it. We're about to find out what kind of team we have.

What a huge win for the Golden Eagles. Guaranteeing at least a share of the Region title. I went to the game and sat in the midst of some of the most ignorant people on the face of the earth. We were up 9-0 and were repeatedly running off tackle behind our University of Tennessee signee Kevin Revis. These idiots kept yelling for us to try a different play. Listen people we were running clock and there was always the chance that Moffit could break another long one like he did to set up the game winning touch down. Before anyone says anything negative consider the following. We won this game without two of our three primary recievers, as AJ really couldn't go and Swafford didn't hardly play after the first quarter. Great game coaches, and I admire the guts trying to punch it in on fourth and goal. That was worth the trip in itself. Now go beat the Blue Raiders and seal the deal.

Great win tonight for Rhea. The leg of Josh Davis was very vital tonight. Punts turned over, and he hit the FG to start us off 3-0. Rhea played a very physical game. Players stepped up after AJ and Swafford went down in the first half. Hope they are both alright and ready to go for next week at Cleveland.

RheaCo, what is the situation for tiebreakers and all that jazz? I know if we beat Cleveland, we have it. But give us a rundown of the possibilities. Also, who are we thinking we might host in Week 11? Thanks

Great win tonight for Rhea. The leg of Josh Davis was very vital tonight. Punts turned over, and he hit the FG to start us off 3-0. Rhea played a very physical game. Players stepped up after AJ and Swafford went down in the first half. Hope they are both alright and ready to go for next week at Cleveland.

RheaCo, what is the situation for tiebreakers and all that jazz? I know if we beat Cleveland, we have it. But give us a rundown of the possibilities. Also, who are we thinking we might host in Week 11? Thanks

I don't nearly have the intelligence of RheaCo., but here is what I've heard. The Rhea Co. - Cleveland game is down right for the region title. If Rhea wins they obviously will be the region champs. If Cleveland wins, first place will be a three way tie. The first tiebreaker for the region is head to head, but that can't be used so it goes to the second tiebreaker which is overall record. Now saying that Red Bank wins out, Cleveland beats Rhea, and Cleveland and Rhea both win their last game the overall records will be: 8-2, 8-2, 7-3, with Red Bank being the 7-3, so they are out of the picture. Then it goes back to the first tiebreaker and that would put Cleveland ahead of Rhea for the region championship. If Rhea loses out they will be at 7-3, and if Cleveland beats Rhea then loses to Walker Valley they would be 7-3 and if Red Bank wins out they'll be 7-3, if that happens then I don't know who would take the crown. Also Rhea can claim the title even if they lose to Cleveland, if Cleveland stumbles over WV.

Very complicated, but a fitting way to name the champions of REGION 4-4A!

Congrats to the players and coaches of Rhea. Tonight was exaclty the type of games I love except for Mr. Zebra and his phantom calls. This team showed me that they had heart and never one time gave up. It is unfortunate that some players got hurt but the team pulled together and believed . I'm not a Rhea fan,just a fan of the game and I must say I will be in Cleveland next week to see your team. I hope everyone is healthy in the coming week so I can see another intense game. I would like to point out a couple of standout players from Rhea. #28 is all over the place from the nose guard position this kid is amazing to watch,I seen several times that the O line would hold him and the refs wouldn't call a thing.#1 I can't believe this kid is a LB, he is undersized but plays like he's 6'0 200lbs.#11 was near perfect with his leg the only blemish was the missed PAT.

#10 is undersized but he is tough and has good speed north and south.#77 I seen this big man 10 yards down the field throwing a block, now that is getting it done.#5 this is another undersized kid but he is an excellent blocker and the few runs he did have he ran the ball hard up the middle.#18 is deceptive with his speed and he makes plays on both sides of the ball. Last but not least your head coach did a wonderful job getting these players to believe in him and themselves.

Good luck next week

First off that was a sweet win! Second I don't care if you are a Red Bank fan, Rhea Co. fan , or a neutral fan, if that game didn't get your adrenaline going I don't know what would. That was one of the most physical games I have seen in a long time. I know alot of players on both sides are going to be pretty sore when they wake up in the morning. Defense really stepped up tonight, and the offense even though they had some set backs in the first half played a good second half. Josh Davis I know he has missed PATs but that was clutch to hit a 37 yard field goal into the wind to get the lead. His punting was a thing of beauty tonight. Fans, THANK YOU, we have the best fans. I know we may not see eye to eye sometime, but tonight proved we have the best fans. Thank you for backing this team. Next week is going to be another one where everybody and I mean everybody needs to show up at Cleveland. Tonight was very big, but next friday night is huge. I know my voice is shot, but I can't wait for next friday to get here. As Judge Mills Lane would say "Lets Get It On!"