Hunters Lane vs Gallatin

Momlovesfootball

This is gonna be an awesome game. These two teams have been rivals for a long time. I just hope that there are fair calls on both sides and no one gets hurt.

I have to go with HLHS ... LEts go Warriors.

yea i like the warriors in this one too. the last time we were there they put a beating on us but there were some questionable calls but gallatins stadium is a zoo and those fans show great support and do a good job of trying to rattle the opposing team if hunters lane stays focused on the game plan they will win this game.

I would just like to add that Gallatin is ranked in 62nd in strength of schedule and Hunter's Lane is ranked 54th, while Hendersonville is ranked 33rd in that category. Hendersonville beat down a 6-2 SC team, on of the better teams in 3A and lost to a 6-1 Beech team, one of the best in 4A. Yet everyone somehow assumes that Hendersonville isn't as good as Gallatin and HLHS, what have these teams done to prove that they are better than Hville?

For the record, I pick Gallatin, assuming their QB is playing that is.

i believe that coach t has Gallatin ranked last in strength of schedule thus far in the season, so until they prove that they can beat a heavyweight I like Hunters Lane

Hunters Lane plays the exact same region opponents as Gallatin does, so how can you act like Gallatin has not played a good team when we played the 2-time defending 5-5A State Champion Smyrna Bulldogs. Who are the tough teams that the Warriors have faced? Whites Creek? Stratford? I'll give you the 4-A Maplewood game, but don't get on here and like Hunters Lane is 7-0 because they have beaten any "heavyweights" either.

read my post carefully--I didn't say that Hunters Lane had beaten any heavyweights either---your schedule has been soft, and that is a documented fact---when you play a decent squad like Hunters Lane and Hendersonville that will finally be a clear indication of how good you really are

True, and if you read my post carefully, Hunter's Lane's schedule has been soft and that is a documented fact as well. All 3 of the before-mentioned teams are clearly the top teams in Region 5-5A and the next couple of weeks will sort everything out.

read my post carefully--I didn't say that Hunters Lane had beaten any heavyweights either---your schedule has been soft, and that is a documented fact---when you play a decent squad like Hunters Lane and Hendersonville that will finally be a clear indication of how good you really are

Ok your jealousy of Gallatin is noted. We beat a decent Mt Juliet squad and a very up and down Lebanon squad and got beat by a Smyrna team that played their best game of the season so far against us. Otherwise, yeah we have a very weak region thanks to some of the metro schools. We all know this and thankfully the pain of being in this terrible metro region will be over after this year. Now the matter at hand.

Several Hunters Lane players and coaches got a first hand look at us last night. (Yeah we saw you) Probably can't wait to get their hands on our defense if we can't stop the run any better than that. Matthews and his situation is huge for this game. Perry did a great job last night and we are lucky to have him. If he is the starter this week then I am sure he will do fine. But I would rather be 100% on the injury list to face this powerful Hunters Lane squad. Stopping them and scoring on them is going to be a problem.