LC vs Halls

lcfootball

heyironman80too,

I said I had been hard on the little fellar this year. End of statement. Next statement, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME HALLS WAS ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFF BY THE END OF WEEK 7? This second statement had / has nothing to do with the OC. On the other hand you seem to be slammin the DC, who is also the HC, for a defense allowing, Clinton, West, Powell to run up and down th efield racking up incredible yards and points.

Put on some glasses and read what I post.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironman80too -

- Why do you continue to blame everyone except the OC? It seems like from your posts you are real defensive of any critizism that way, but are quick to point fingers everywhere else. I agree with you saying #6 is no Kitts, but it should be the OC's job to realize a 145 lb SOPH coudn't carry this team. DO NOT BLAME THE PLAYERS!! #6 is just a SOPH, and will be good someday. Don't get on here and tear him down by saying the coaches can't make him ht the right holes or make the right blocks, it is the coaches job to teach him or get him out.-

Actually, I think the "little feller" is worth two or three bonehead calls per game. I was merely making the point (as you did) that one area alone has not caused a let down this season. And before anyone goes out and openly calls for men to lose their jobs or to be replaced, we need to look at the big picture Also, I never called out a player nor did I mean to imply that. I simply said that Halls lost ALOT of talent last year and many fans on this message board (myself included) and in the community never took that into consideration when we were all predicting this team to be the next state champs.

Does any one know when the last time Halls was eliminated from the playoffs this early? Now dont read anything in to the question. I know we have missed the playoffs on many times, but I thought we always had a chance until the 9 or 10 game. Maybe I'm wrong.

Someone with more knowledge let me know. Ironman80too, with all of your knowledge you should know the answer.

Halls has only missed the playoffs two or three times since the change to the 5 classifications, but if memory serves me, you'd have to go all the way back to '06 when Halls was already eliminated this early. You've got to keep in mind that this is actually week 8 for Halls since they opened with a region game week 0.

"If we are going to get back to where we were in football, we need to quit having so many football player play wrestling and basketball and baseball. Get em in the weight room and keep em there.

That's the ticket, run all the athletes off by not letting play another sport. You'll lose lineman and linebackers to wrestling, WRs and RBs to track, kickers to soccer and who knows how many to basketball and baseball. Everybody knows that the kids that colleges like are multi sport athletes, ask any college recruiter and that's one of the first questions they ask "what other sports you play?"

i agree, you cant make kids pick because alot of times it will backfire and you'll lose alot of quality athletes. the biggest thing ive seen thats wrong with halls football from an outsiders perspective is all the drama and controversy that seems to come from overconcerned parents running their mouths and creating division within the team. halls has way too many wannabe coaches on the polls and in the stands from what im hearing. when parents talk kids usually listen, when a player hears his parents calling the coach an idiot and saying that the kid is twice as good as the guy ahead of him and yelling that the team is all about politics it gets the kid thinking that you know what, mom/dad is right, i am better than that guy, coach doesnt like me, coach is an idiot, theres no point in comin in and workin hard every week cause its all about politics and im not gonna start anyway. parents can break apart a team faster than anything, trust me i played for clinton for four years and for 3 of em thats all that happened. WARNING... halls dont let that happen to you because its a slippery slope once your on it and it takes awhile to get back on track. it seems to me that the coaching staff has done a pretty good job in years past and are just in a down year, everyone has em but its not the end of a program just a chance to learn from your mistakes and do a better job next year. i know the kids who are seniors right now dont want to hear this and certainly dont deserve it for all the hard work theyve put in, but sometimes thats just life, in my 4 years at clinton we won a total of 7 games and i still wouldn't trade those hours of hardwork and commitment for anything, winning games is not what makes football special, although it really helps make it more fun, being with your friends, having fun and loving the game are what make it special. these are what build memories not the win-loss column. so halls parents just let the kids do what they set out to do, play the game that they love, dont tear the team apart for personal reasons.

prediction halls 28- LC-14.

Let me ask a question if you had it to do all over again would your kid play for halls ? My kid is in 8th grade and could goto Central or powell and will have a good chance of dressing as a fesh and playing as a soph I really like coach J think he is a good guy. I played for Helton I know what thats about Don't know Lowe at all but what little bit I talked to him but thay are biulding something pretty strong for the next 4 to 5 years just never liked powell don't know if i can wear black and orange.

Let me ask a question if you had it to do all over again would your kid play for halls ? My kid is in 8th grade and could goto Central or powell and will have a good chance of dressing as a fesh and playing as a soph I really like coach J think he is a good guy. I played for Helton I know what thats about Don't know Lowe at all but what little bit I talked to him but thay are biulding something pretty strong for the next 4 to 5 years just never liked powell don't know if i can wear black and orange.

dont like powell either but theyve put several players in college the last few years, mcgaha, lil john, lee smith, that running back from last year that went the e.k.u just to name a few

leatherhead,

I think I'm right in saying this, you must live in Halls zone or Powells zone to go to either of those schools. Now any one can get a transferr to Central. That has been done before over the last few years(Lee Smith, QB's, RB's, OL, LB)

If you want consistent coaching and a better education, you better live in the Halls zone for both. Coach J is a good man, has a good staff(even thou I dissagree with his assignmets), a good feeder system, and a good principle's staff.

If your son is a potential player as a Sophomore you couldn't get any better than Halls. Coach J. is very accessible and likeable person. Even in a difficult year he keeps a positive attitude read this weeks shopper article.

You never said what position your son plays and that could play into your deceison making. Programs go up and down due to the athletes available at the time and you may want to see who your son is playing with to get a better grasp of the whole situation.

No brainer for academics Halls was the best County wide last year even with the likes of Bearden and Farragut.

A lot of people forget Football may get you to the next level but you better be able to cope with the education side. It's not a one way street.

Bottom line you will know if your a Halls guy it's just in you. Forget about this years hiccups, ever year presents new opportunities.

Someone in the know help me with this:

1.) If West loses to Clinton, Powell, and Central and

2.) Central loses to Powell and Clinton and

3.) Halls wins out -

Halls is in the playoffs?? Three way tie for fourth, head to head is even, Halls and Central have a better record than West (West eliminated), then back to head to head, Halls beat Central - Halls advances.

Check my math and see if it's right.

- Maybe a glimmer of hope??

Someone in the know help me with this:

1.) If West loses to Clinton, Powell, and Central and

2.) Central loses to Powell and Clinton and

3.) Halls wins out -

Halls is in the playoffs?? Three way tie for fourth, head to head is even, Halls and Central have a better record than West (West eliminated), then back to head to head, Halls beat Central - Halls advances.

Check my math and see if it's right.

- Maybe a glimmer of hope??

Central beats South Doyle and everyone starts getting them in the playoffs. They are done put a fork in them. Their last three games are against Clinton, Powell & West. How many are the Bobcats in those three are they even going to come close to. Zero. Central are not what they use to be. Any speculation will be over as early as this Friday. Bobcats district wins are against our next two opponents. That should wake up everyone.