LC vs Halls

lcfootball

"If we are going to get back to where we were in football, we need to quit having so many football player play wrestling and basketball and baseball. Get em in the weight room and keep em there.

That's the ticket, run all the athletes off by not letting play another sport. You'll lose lineman and linebackers to wrestling, WRs and RBs to track, kickers to soccer and who knows how many to basketball and baseball. Everybody knows that the kids that colleges like are multi sport athletes, ask any college recruiter and that's one of the first questions they ask "what other sports you play?"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight... You've got zero coaching experience, you quit high school football after a couple of years, you've bashed everyone involved in the program from the head coach through the guy who does the stats, and you think Coach Julian SHOULD be taking your advice because you've got all the answers? I'm beginning to think that you're actually a powell or central fan in disguise.

Don't put that off on us! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Can't overlook LC. I think if I'm correct LC was leading Clinton at Clinton 14-7 at one point. LC seems to be getting better each week. It's very important for both senior classes to finish on a high note. I hope Gibson keeps getting some looks the rest of the season so he can have a productive senior year. That 63 yard scamper put us right back in the game against a good Powell team. I think this game will be close untill half time then I believe we will be tough to handle in the fourth quarter. Halls 24 LC 14

I know I have been down on the little fellar this year, but I have this question...WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME HALLS HAD BEEN ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS BY THE END OF WEEK 7?

It has to go back to when only 1-2 teams went to the playoffs in the 80's. And I will tell what is really a kick in the nads, Central might get in the playoffs after we soundly beat them earlier in the season. That just makes me even mader.

I'll be shocked if Central can beat out Clinton, Powell or West for that spot. We haven't had the best record this year and the cards have been stacked against us since the beginning but it was sweet that the 10 year drought to the Bobcats is over. Could be up for a trivia question one of these days. Kind of like it wasn't Peyton but T Martin that led us to the National Championship sort of thing. I still think we are good for 4-6 this year.

I know I have been down on the little fellar this year, but I have this question...WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME HALLS HAD BEEN ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS BY THE END OF WEEK 7?

It has to go back to when only 1-2 teams went to the playoffs in the 80's. And I will tell what is really a kick in the nads, Central might get in the playoffs after we soundly beat them earlier in the season. That just makes me even mader.

So, according to your theories, when clinton, powell, and west were racking up points and yards up and down the field in an incredible fashion, it was up to the OC to step in and make a change? Have you ever stopped and thought that the lack of production comes largely in part to the fact that the three players (dayton, kitts, and kelly) who scored the majority of the Halls TD's for the last two years are gone?

Ironman80too -

- Why do you continue to blame everyone except the OC? It seems like from your posts you are real defensive of any critizism that way, but are quick to point fingers everywhere else. I agree with you saying #6 is no Kitts, but it should be the OC's job to realize a 145 lb SOPH coudn't carry this team. DO NOT BLAME THE PLAYERS!! #6 is just a SOPH, and will be good someday. Don't get on here and tear him down by saying the coaches can't make him ht the right holes or make the right blocks, it is the coaches job to teach him or get him out.

- Do I thik it is all the coaches fault?? No way. Do I think this team has more talent than 2-6? NOt sure, but I think the coaches would have to share in the blame.

- According to your analogy, Tenneesee should have dropped way down after Peyton left. For some odd reason they didn't. (Could it have been good coaching?)

- I think the blame has to be shouldered on everyone (coaches and players).

- I actually think the play calling has improved as the year has gone by. Alot of questions about getting the best 11 players on the field - an area the OC will improve on with time. Not sure why certain positons/ combinations were not tinkered with while we were losing. Dogmatic approach to playing certain players regardless of production and outcome. If memory serves me, the same 11 players on offense that started against Maryville started against Powell.

- Overall he (OC) has done an OK job, the players have done an OK job, and the rest of the coches have done an OK job. OK in this leaugue = 2-6.

Ironman,

Your point on being Ok is 100%. We have good kids, good coaches & so on. But Ok this year is 2-6. Never a truer word spoken. We needed at least above average and that 2-6 would be 6-2. I thought we never really looked like beating Maryville & Clinton. Everyone else was fair game.

I wish we would have this discussion post season after the next two games are history. I would feel better speaking my piece then when the players are not exposed to any misgivings I have. The fact is we have been OK and thats subpar to most of us which relates to our won loss record and the bickering amongst ourselves.

Now, I also agree with Ironmantoo (similiar names getting confusing) I really never thought we would get homefield advantage with this team like we did last year. The missing playmakers from last year were just to much to overcome in productivity. Like you said in a earlier post you just can not lose that much production and talent and win with just experience alone. I had hoped with the talent down considerably in East Tennessee that we could have a better record than we do but other factors such as injuries,sickness all factored in. The surprise for me is how fast Clinton improved. I thought Stone & Hazelhurst's senior year they would be the dominant team. A few transfers from a rapidly declining Oak Ridge Wildcat program boosted their ranks and I understand another exodus is iminent for next year. Coach Stevens seems to be killing a once proud program. So what I am saying here is other coaching staffs are more under the microscope than us for there dismal performances William Blount & Oak Ridge are just two that come to mind. So I think it's unfair to blame our OC for everything in this years decline he bear some of the guilt but plenty other factors contributed. Sometimes a new look on offense takes a little time to blood and develop. Now I know this isn't popular but a lot of our misgivings could be on the "football Smarts mantra" and I'll leave it as that but most on here will know what I mean. Or for the old school you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. You may have a great athlete but his head better be in the game to make plays either with or without the ball. If not then it will cost you dearly.

I enjoyed what we did last friday night. I didn't like the final score but I think we played well and the defensive adjustments in the second half were exempliery. We just have to move on and develop a winning attitude for the next two weeks to bolster next years squad.

I agree with devilsden, if we are not getting rid of the WR Coach, then we need to pass the ball more often. Halls has receivers that have proven that they can catch the ball in practice, scrimmages, and warm-ups. The list goes on with people that can catch and make a play. They have #10Gresham, #81Smith, #37Bright, #2Johnson, #8Babcock, #7Snoderly, and #16Beeler. All of the following have proved themselves in scrimmages over the summer against tough 5-A teams. Halls line just needs to pass block long enough for Tyler Turner to get a chance to throw the ball. Their needs to be some changes soon. Running the football every down has not worked this year, and they need to mix up the play calling to throw the defence off a bit. Other teams are expecting the run almost all of the time.

Wow makes me feel good we are in LC! We have some good players and what most agree good coaches, this is the first year so there are some growing pains and a good coach left after school started to take a coaching job elsewhere leaving the staff shorthanded, but all in all this year is really an improvement over last year. At least we are playing close to goal lines now instead of just crossing back and forth across the 50! The wins will come!

Wow makes me feel good we are in LC! We have some good players and what most agree good coaches, this is the first year so there are some growing pains and a good coach left after school started to take a coaching job elsewhere leaving the staff shorthanded, but all in all this year is really an improvement over last year. At least we are playing close to goal lines now instead of just crossing back and forth across the 50! The wins will come!

I agree with you on how LC has slowly gotten better, and could creep up on some schools soon. Some of the Halls players would get a better opportunity and would be happier if they did play at Lenior City. I'm still can't believe the depth at WR spot, and Halls doesn't utilize it whatsoever.