McMinn Co. @ William Blount

tpoole12

Tribefan

Do you not read any threads besides you own??? I'll give you a brief summation.. We graduated 26 seniors.. We had 4/5 key returning starters.. Of those one has missed the whole season so far with a broken collar bone... One is lost to a knee injury..

We lost three QB's before the Jamboree... We played the first 4 games with a freshman QB.. We are starting about 17 /18 juniors and sophmores.. The good new's is we have gottten a sophmore QB back and it's possible that we may get our RB with 4.3 speed back just in time for you....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

"You Betcha"

PS: Coach Meadows took time off for family matters.. Coach Wilhiet and staff has worked hard. The team has improved every game...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It does appear that the GOVS are improving and I would suppose the future looks good for your program if you are playing that many young players.

I do hope the officiating is better then the screwin we got at Soddy Daisy last week.....two punt returns called back in the first half and one no call on a long pass play and that is not to mention the SD player stepping a foot OB and the official saying he was blocked out by the chain gang. Who holds the officials accountable? I realize they have an assesment but with the $$ that is invested in high school athletics there needs to be consequences if you dont use proper mechanics or are out of position or continue to make poor calls.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is in fact a "must win" game for the Cherokees. They win and they take another step toward reaching the TSSAA playoffs.....but if they happen to lose then they will be at home again during the playoffs and are looking at a 5-5 season.

Do the cherokees come ready to play tonight?

Tribefans Take:

Fact- William Blount is alot better team then 0-7

Fact- McMinn is alot better then there 3-4 record

Fact- both teams need a win (but for different reasons)

Fact- It is finally football weather

The team with the fewest mistakes and most points will win this one!

GO TRIBE!!!!

It does appear that the GOVS are improving and I would suppose the future looks good for your program if you are playing that many young players.

I do hope the officiating is better then the screwin we got at Soddy Daisy last week.....two punt returns called back in the first half and one no call on a long pass play and that is not to mention the SD player stepping a foot OB and the official saying he was blocked out by the chain gang. Who holds the officials accountable? I realize they have an assesment but with the $$ that is invested in high school athletics there needs to be consequences if you dont use proper mechanics or are out of position or continue to make poor calls.

Congrats to McMinn

Good luck..Hate we didn't beat you...had you nervous.....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Congrats to McMinn

Good luck..Hate we didn't beat you...had you nervous.....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

WB has to be the best 0-8 team ever. I hate that you guys haven't pulled one out yet, but you p have a brutal schedule. Hopefully you'll get one in the next two weeks. On the bright side, it seems a lot of young guys are getting valuable experience.

Glad to see Garner back for William Blount; he's a difference-maker.

From the Daily Times:

Both teams had strikingly similar stats, each accounting for exactly 123 yards rushing and just over 70 yards passing. In the end, the difference was the turnovers. The Governors had four to McMinn County??™s one.

???We have just got to wipe out the key mistakes that seem to plague us,??? Wilhite added. ???If we can do that, we??™ll be headed in the right direction.???

Wipe out the key mistakes? Haven't half of them this year occurred on some form of gadget play or alignment? I could be wrong about that, but it seems like a trend. I also think regularly employing such plays sends an improper message to your players -- a message that was far from true for WB in its match up with McMinn.

Congratulations to McMinn, by the way. The Cherokees had that rough start to the season, had key players quit, and it looked as though the team might splinter. To their credit, the Cherokees are in great shape now to make the playoffs. Work to get better over the next two weeks. Focus on stopping your next opponent while maximizing your own performance, and there's a great opportunity to have a full head of steam entering the postseason. Don't be content with just getting in.

Yep, same thing happened to Bradley @ SD. Need some sort of way to be watched over. Maybe TSSAA needs a special section to oversee contraversies. Random viewing of film and maybe special request by athletic directors.