McMinn Co. @ William Blount

tpoole12

I realize this question was directed to Tribe Fan, but I'll give it a go, as playoff scenarios are starting to get interesting.

Farragut, Ooltewah and Soddy Daisy are in.

Looks to me if McMinn Co. defeats William Blount they're in good position to take the 4th playoff spot thanks to their win over Oak Ridge. Following the William Blount matchup, McMinn should easily win out, with home games against Heritage and Bradley. That would make McMinn 4-3 in the region. The only way that's not good enough is if Oak Ridge (currently 3-1) wins 2 of its final 3 (or, of course, all 3 of its remaining games) against Soddy Daisy, Ooltewah and Farragut.

Things really get interesting with a William Blount victory against McMinn. Then you're likely to have both McMinn and William Blount finish 3-4 (the Governors also wrapping up with Bradley and Heritage). In addition, it's certainly possible that Oak Ridge could find itself 3-4 with losses to Soddy, Ooltewah and Farragut. In such a 3-way tie for the 4th playoff spot, McMinn Co. gets the nod by virtue of its superior overall 5-5 record (Oak Ridge would be 4-6 and Blount 3-7 in this scenario).

A William Blount win over McMinn combined with an Oak Ridge victory over any of its remaining opponents gives the Wildcats the 4th spot. And, again, it's possible that Oak Ridge could even finish higher than 4th.

Thanks Cletus..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a giggle for you TribeFan

Sarah Palin is invited to meet with the Pope while he is vacationing south of Rome n Venice .

The liberal press reluctantly watches the semi-private audience, hoping they will be able to allot minimal coverage, if any.

The Pope asks Governor Palin to join him on a Gondola ride through the canals of Venice .

They're admiring the sights and agreeing on moral issues when, all of a sudden, the Pope's hat (zucchetto) blows off his head and out into the water.

The gondolier starts to reach for the Pontiff's cap with his pole, but this move threatens to overturn the floating craft.

Sarah waves the tour guide off, saying, 'Wait, wait. I'll take care of this. Don't worry.'

She steps off the gondola onto the surface of the water and walks out to the Pope's hat, bends over and picks it up. She walks back across the water to the gondola and steps aboard.

She hands the hat to the Pope a mid stunned silence.

The next morning the topic of conversation among Democrats in Congress, CBS News, NBC News, ABC News, CNN, the New York Times, Hollywood celebrities, and in France and Germany is:

'Palin Can't Swim.'

Sarah Palin is invited to meet with the Pope while he is vacationing south of Rome n Venice .

The liberal press reluctantly watches the semi-private audience, hoping they will be able to allot minimal coverage, if any.

The Pope asks Governor Palin to join him on a Gondola ride through the canals of Venice .

They're admiring the sights and agreeing on moral issues when, all of a sudden, the Pope's hat (zucchetto) blows off his head and out into the water.

The gondolier starts to reach for the Pontiff's cap with his pole, but this move threatens to overturn the floating craft.

Sarah waves the tour guide off, saying, 'Wait, wait. I'll take care of this. Don't worry.'

She steps off the gondola onto the surface of the water and walks out to the Pope's hat, bends over and picks it up. She walks back across the water to the gondola and steps aboard.

The next morning the topic of conversation among Democrats in Congress, CBS News, NBC News, ABC News, CNN, the New York Times, Hollywood celebrities, and in France and Germany is:

'Palin Can't Swim.'

I love it!

'Palin Can't Swim.'

That's a good'n Tea pool! I'd love to see the Gov's win these next three!

That's a good'n Tea pool! I'd love to see the Gov's win these next three!

Me too BC

I got a good giggle also but I think I'm coming down with election fatigue...... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> The election coverage has a higher % BS than coacht..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

YOU BETCHA

The weather could play a factor as there is a 40% chance of rain? That could limit the passing game for the cherokees if it gets bad......

What is the deal with the Govs this season? How do they go from winning to not winning so fast? They had a very good football program for several years. Is it because of the departure of Meadows?

The weather could play a factor as there is a 40% chance of rain? That could limit the passing game for the cherokees if it gets bad......

What is the deal with the Govs this season? How do they go from winning to not winning so fast? They had a very good football program for several years. Is it because of the departure of Meadows?

Tribefan

Do you not read any threads besides you own??? I'll give you a brief summation.. We graduated 26 seniors.. We had 4/5 key returning starters.. Of those one has missed the whole season so far with a broken collar bone... One is lost to a knee injury..

We lost three QB's before the Jamboree... We played the first 4 games with a freshman QB.. We are starting about 17 /18 juniors and sophmores.. The good new's is we have gottten a sophmore QB back and it's possible that we may get our RB with 4.3 speed back just in time for you....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

"You Betcha"

PS: Coach Meadows took time off for family matters.. Coach Wilhiet and staff has worked hard. The team has improved every game...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The election coverage has a higher % BS than coacht..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

YOU BETCHA

Well Tea Pool eye'll try my best two see if 'un maybee eye can evun thangs up a little fer tha coacht breatherun....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />