Indy's future

footballin

Nick deserves to start against Columbia.

He's a senior, I always support that kind of thing. He's put a lot into this program and this will be the last time he ever laces them up. Hard to believe that he is about to finish his career at Indy, when it seemed like just the other day when he was coming into the scrimmage against Glencliff as a freshman.

I respect that he and I am sure about 15 other seniors put a lot into program,but this is not rudy.

So I guess coach should start all the senior class then.... Look its evident you have your reason why don't you request other players why name one.

Best players should start period

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect that he and I am sure about 15 other seniors put a lot into program,but this is not rudy.

So I guess coach should start all the senior class then.... Look its evident you have your reason why don't you request other players why name one.

Best players should start period

Okay, fine.

EVERY senior should start. This is a meaningless game. This is their last chance to take the field at Eagles Stadium. They don't have to play the whole game, but I believe in giving each senior his chance to start in the season finale.

I have my reasons? Have you paid ANY attention to any Indy threads all year? I've always backed Heckman. I have always thought that senior night is a special night and these kids deserve the opportunity.

Why would you start, or even play for that matter, kids that in no way will help the future of the team? The last game of "meaningless" season should be about working toward next year. This is the game where your young kids get in and you see what they can do at the varsity level. This is a great opportunity to gain insight and experience for younger players.

Man, I have never seen such backward thinking from people.

The kids that "deserve" to play are the ones that the head coach feels should play...and he will put them in when he feels appropriate.

All this bleacher coaching and complaining is harmful to a program. You think kids are not reading this stuff? Way to plant doubt and devisiveness into a program. Some of you have done it all season. I think the Independence program "deserves" for this mess to graduate and go away.

I could care less about this program, I've just read these threads all season, and it sickens me what a few dissenters can do to a program. You made what was already going to be a difficult season much harder and probably cost the team a win or two.

Why would you start, or even play for that matter, kids that in no way will help the future of the team? The last game of "meaningless" season should be about working toward next year. This is the game where your young kids get in and you see what they can do at the varsity level. This is a great opportunity to gain insight and experience for younger players.

Man, I have never seen such backward thinking from people.

The kids that "deserve" to play are the ones that the head coach feels should play...and he will put them in when he feels appropriate.

All this bleacher coaching and complaining is harmful to a program. You think kids are not reading this stuff? Way to plant doubt and devisiveness into a program. Some of you have done it all season. I think the Independence program "deserves" for this mess to graduate and go away.

I could care less about this program, I've just read these threads all season, and it sickens me what a few dissenters can do to a program. You made what was already going to be a difficult season much harder and probably cost the team a win or two.

Clearly you haven't been reading these threads all season, because I have done nothing but support and defend this team and the coaching decisions. I was the one calling for Heckman to start over Smith last season and again this year. I'm the one that got in arguments with sleeper3773 and hsfbfan1 because of my opinion. I am not a dissenter...I love the Independence program and I wish everyone involved nothign but the best. I have seen several coaches in football (and in other sports) choose to give seniors the starting nod on senior night. They don't have to play more than the first series...I have always liked the gesture and I have thought it was a nice moment for those kids to get their time in the spotlight.

I love Coach Eubanks and I know he will turn this thing around next season. The current group of juniors may be the best to come through the program. He will build this thing up to an extremely high level. That said, I don't think the world will come to end because you give the starting nod to a senior.

You made what was already going to be a difficult season much harder and probably cost the team a win or two.

I highly doubt that. You have your opinion and I have mine about who should play this Friday night.

On a side note it is worth noting that Independence has beaten Columbia every year since the school was built.

Clearly you haven't been reading these threads all season, because I have done nothing but support and defend this team and the coaching decisions. I was the one calling for Heckman to start over Smith last season and again this year. I'm the one that got in arguments with sleeper3773 and hsfbfan1 because of my opinion. I am not a dissenter...I love the Independence program and I wish everyone involved nothign but the best. I have seen several coaches in football (and in other sports) choose to give seniors the starting nod on senior night. They don't have to play more than the first series...I have always liked the gesture and I have thought it was a nice moment for those kids to get their time in the spotlight.

I love Coach Eubanks and I know he will turn this thing around next season. The current group of juniors may be the best to come through the program. He will build this thing up to an extremely high level. That said, I don't think the world will come to end because you give the starting nod to a senior.

I for one also have been possitive and a supporter of the starting QB. My biggest issue was the backlash of so called support ans the call for another kid to qB the team and the bitterness. The one thing I have said and it was factual that the offense lacked not due to qb but one dimensional no running game and that defense giving up to many rush yds ,that's not bashing but sayinh obvious on a sport opinion discussion forum.I mean look at the post above saying indy got lucky last season,weak division,playoof foes weak nplayoff game vs franklin we lucky as ball went thru defenders hand,and into arms pf our reciever ans millington blew the game ans deserved to lose- he didn't mention one good thing.

IS IT FAIR to play sr's just cause they 3e seniors and gave to the program - No NO No its not meaningless at all, ask the first team starter whom worked all season Hard to keep his position, ask the first string starters if its meaningless ask the senior starters if its meaningless, you want to win your last game for almost all seniors this is last time they will ever play football,its not time to have a RUDY or be sentimental letting seniors start. So guess coach henrie in bball should do same etc.

Yeah get all kids in game if the score us in your favorn this is not a recreation league.

I will be glad all this qb stuff is put to rest because the ones havin negative words are the few whom are selfish and think they're son should qb.

I for one also have been possitive and a supporter of the starting QB. My biggest issue was the backlash of so called support ans the call for another kid to qB the team and the bitterness. The one thing I have said and it was factual that the offense lacked not due to qb but one dimensional no running game and that defense giving up to many rush yds ,that's not bashing but sayinh obvious on a sport opinion discussion forum.I mean look at the post above saying indy got lucky last season,weak division,playoof foes weak nplayoff game vs franklin we lucky as ball went thru defenders hand,and into arms pf our reciever ans millington blew the game ans deserved to lose- he didn't mention one good thing.

IS IT FAIR to play sr's just cause they 3e seniors and gave to the program - No NO No its not meaningless at all, ask the first team starter whom worked all season Hard to keep his position, ask the first string starters if its meaningless ask the senior starters if its meaningless, you want to win your last game for almost all seniors this is last time they will ever play football,its not time to have a RUDY or be sentimental letting seniors start. So guess coach henrie in bball should do same etc.

Yeah get all kids in game if the score us in your favorn this is not a recreation league.

I will be glad all this qb stuff is put to rest because the ones havin negative words are the few whom are selfish and think they're son should qb.

Coach Henrie did that with the 2007 seniors on senior night against Columbia...

Now here I've gone and done what I know I shouldn't...gotten into a debate that is pointless with folks who readily show that they are unable to get the point.

It is the intangibles of any athletic endeavor that most often puts a team into the highest levels of success. When you plant the seed of doubt in a kid's mind, doubt of their right to a position, or the doubt of the team in a coach's ability to make the best decisions for that team, you are chipping away at their confidence...and a team lacking confidence in themselves and in their coach is destined to lose more games than a team that does not have that issue.

You have consistently chipped away at this team, its coaches, and its starters. Kids read these posts...their confidence is affected.

If it is a "meaningless" night, you want the kids that are not good enough to start to play, right? Thats Rec ball. Wow, can the team go to Chucky Cheese's after the game too?

Build for next year. You cant do it by playing senior kids who were not good enough to help THIS year.

Like I have said before, anyone that has a different opinion than yours regarding the qb situation this year has to be the father of Smith. Not exactly. But it may be hard for you to understand that if you haven't completed high school yet.

Certain seniors should start this Friday that may not have started at their particular position all season. However not every senior should start. The coaches will and should make that call.

Swami said it you been bashin pickin away at indy and loved the part you all could go to chucky cheese.

Why as u stated should some seniors start and others not,why and whom would you start and how could you tell the others that don't start as to why...

So its a meaningless game as you state , you are selfish and hurt the program

"SwamiSays" says "You made what was already going to be a difficult season much harder and probably cost the team a win or two."

No, lets get something straight. Talk does not and will not effect what happens on the field, there is no way at all possible that a few comments about worries concerning the state of our IHS eagles would cost a few wins. does anyone want to know what costs wins??? Calling a reverse inside your own 10 ten in a close game against Centennial cost us a win.

It is clear/ apparent to me that IHS in playing in a league way above their head (and it will only get worse next year....look at the classifications [only 2 teams go to the playoffs]). IHS will be surrounded by incredible talent (John Overton & Hillsboro), but more than that IHS will be surrounded by out-standing coaching staffs (Rector at Ravenwood, Webb at Franklin, Crawford at Brentwood). IHS is a goldfish in a swimming tank full of sharks.

I am so sick of hearing how this year was destined to be "down year" for IHS. I am so tired of hearing about how there was no talent & ability to create a manageable team from. Ravenwood & Brentwood are perennial play-off contenders, with minimal talent. Rector & Crawford create possibilities & mold players through their system. Every year Coach Webb at Franklin gives birth to a defense that shuts-teams-out, without amazing gifted players. The moral of the story is, These coaches create successful high school football teams year-in-year-out.

Let me use an analogy, Take the Great White Shark for instance. His mouth is full of razor sharp teeth, but the great white shark will also lose/ break hundreds of these teeth every year. Does the Great White Shark stop being a fearsome predator after he looses a few teeth? Does the great white shark go through a "down-year"? The answer is NO. Because the jaw of the great white shark works like a conveyor-belt with endless rows of new teeth. The jaw of the great whit shark is constantly creating new razor sharp teeth. Basically the jaw never stops creating teeth, wven when the shark is going to the state-championship. when an old-razor-sharp-tooth falls out (or graduates) the jaw can slide a new-razor-sharp-tooth into place immediately. Therefor, the great white shark can be a constant threat in his region.

I would ask this question, "what was Eubanks and his Staff doing during the "cinderella season" last year?" because this season proved that they were not creating new razor-sharp players to move into the empty positions left from last year's Senior class. Due to their shortcomings the countless kids that play for the Independence Eagles have had to suffer a "down year", instead of being considered a constant-threat/ fearsome-predator throughout their region.