Indy's future

footballin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on how the rest of this season looks like and what the future holds for Indy?

I believe they still have a shot at the playoffs if they continue to come together as a team. I saw alot of things last night that looked good. I'm still hopefull. But, then again, that's just my opinion.

Any thoughts on how the rest of this season looks like and what the future holds for Indy?

It's almost a certainty that they will be on the outside looking in come November. However, they weren't expected to do much this year. The current juniors may be the best class to come through the program and they will have an entire offseason to get better. I think this team has a real chance at something special next season but they need to find a tailback. They need to get back to work Monday and try to fix some things as they have a short week of practice before taking on Ravenwood on Thursday.

I hate to say I told you so. Anyone who really knows about football can clearly see why this team under achieves. There seems to be an agenda. They run plays to kids who are not the playmakers of the team. It should not matter who the play makers are but on this team it does. There have been countless times all season, certain recievers are wide open. The ball is pulled down an ran versis throwing down field are forced to other recievers. If you read the article in the Tenn(Williamson County Section) you no why this Team want make the playoffs. I hate to be the barrier of bad news but the facts are what they are. I am not sure that, for this team to be a real TEAM, Nick would have been the better quarterback. And buy the way, I am not Nicks father just someone who knows football and understand crap when I see it. I hope this doesnt offend anyone because that is not my goal. I just hate to see a talented team go by the wayside because of selfish play.

I hate to say I told you so. Anyone who really knows about football can clearly see why this team under achieves. There seems to be an agenda. They run plays to kids who are not the playmakers of the team. It should not matter who the play makers are but on this team it does. There have been countless times all season, certain recievers are wide open. The ball is pulled down an ran versis throwing down field are forced to other recievers. If you read the article in the Tenn(Williamson County Section) you no why this Team want make the playoffs. I hate to be the barrier of bad news but the facts are what they are. I am not sure that, for this team to be a real TEAM, Nick would have been the better quarterback. And buy the way, I am not Nicks father just someone who knows football and understand crap when I see it. I hope this doesnt offend anyone because that is not my goal. I just hate to see a talented team go by the wayside because of selfish play.

I am not Nick's father either. I still to this day think Nick would have been the better option. Whether or not you agree with this, I think he should have had a shot in a game this year (besides Franklin where he accounted for all 3 of the teams TDs). But they still have a chance to finish out real strong and make the playoffs. The season is not over.

Okay, I need a little help here.

I believe this team's playmakers are #2, #3, #7, and #10. I think #8 will be a playmaker in the future and I think #5 may have the best hands on the team.

So,

They have a quarterback who--when all is said and done--may be the best in this region since T.C. Jennings graduated. He's already in the discussion as a junior. He can run, he continues to improve his passing, I don't know what else you want from him. He is one of the top five playmakers in the entire region--why shouldn't he get the ball in his hands on every play?

Against Dickson, he had 21 completions to six different receivers. No single player had more than six catches. Nick Smith had 3 catches for 92 yards (the most on the team) and Jonathan Norman caught two touchdown passes.

You claim that they deliberately give the ball to kids who cannot make plays...which kids? I'm interested into hearing your reponse. However, you were the "barrier" of bad news, so I'm not sure what to make of anything you say.

Okay, I need a little help here.

I believe this team's playmakers are #2, #3, #7, and #10. I think #8 will be a playmaker in the future and I think #5 may have the best hands on the team.

So,

They have a quarterback who--when all is said and done--may be the best in this region since T.C. Jennings graduated. He's already in the discussion as a junior. He can run, he continues to improve his passing, I don't know what else you want from him. He is one of the top five playmakers in the entire region--why shouldn't he get the ball in his hands on every play?

Against Dickson, he had 21 completions to six different receivers. No single player had more than six catches. Nick Smith had 3 catches for 92 yards (the most on the team) and Jonathan Norman caught two touchdown passes.

You claim that they deliberately give the ball to kids who cannot make plays...which kids? I'm interested into hearing your reponse. However, you were the "barrier" of bad news, so I'm not sure what to make of anything you say.

I think that might be a stretch. I would take McCurdy from Brentwood, Mikrut from Franklin, Becker from Ravenwood, and Chaz (based purely on his athletic ability) from Centennial before I would take no. 7. But that's not to put the kid down, just my opinion.

I do agree that 2, 3, 7, and 10 are all playmakers for the Eagles.

I think that might be a stretch. I would take McCurdy from Brentwood, Mikrut from Franklin, Becker from Ravenwood, and Chaz (based purely on his athletic ability) from Centennial before I would take no. 7. But that's not to put the kid down, just my opinion.

I do agree that 2, 3, 7, and 10 are all playmakers for the Eagles.

McCurdy and Mikrut were in that same class of 2005 that I was referring to with T.C.

That was probably the best trio of QB's that we'll see for a long time...all I said was that Alex has a chance to become the best in this region since that group.

In the post-T.C./McCurdy/Mikrut era, I'd rank the QBs as such:

1. Michael Becker

2. Graham Nichols

3. Chaz Scales

4. Alex Heckman

However, Alex has the rest of this season and his entire senior year ahead of him to ascend that list. We will see what happens...Indy needs to get on the right track this week against Ravenwood.