Indy's future

footballin

"SwamiSays" says "You made what was already going to be a difficult season much harder and probably cost the team a win or two."

No, lets get something straight. Talk does not and will not effect what happens on the field, there is no way at all possible that a few comments about worries concerning the state of our IHS eagles would cost a few wins. does anyone want to know what costs wins??? Calling a reverse inside your own 10 ten in a close game against Centennial cost us a win.

It is clear/ apparent to me that IHS in playing in a league way above their head (and it will only get worse next year....look at the classifications [only 2 teams go to the playoffs]). IHS will be surrounded by incredible talent (John Overton & Hillsboro), but more than that IHS will be surrounded by out-standing coaching staffs (Rector at Ravenwood, Webb at Franklin, Crawford at Brentwood). IHS is a goldfish in a swimming tank full of sharks.

I am so sick of hearing how this year was destined to be "down year" for IHS. I am so tired of hearing about how there was no talent & ability to create a manageable team from. Ravenwood & Brentwood are perennial play-off contenders, with minimal talent. Rector & Crawford create possibilities & mold players through their system. Every year Coach Webb at Franklin gives birth to a defense that shuts-teams-out, without amazing gifted players. The moral of the story is, These coaches create successful high school football teams year-in-year-out.

Let me use an analogy, Take the Great White Shark for instance. His mouth is full of razor sharp teeth, but the great white shark will also lose/ break hundreds of these teeth every year. Does the Great White Shark stop being a fearsome predator after he looses a few teeth? Does the great white shark go through a "down-year"? The answer is NO. Because the jaw of the great white shark works like a conveyor-belt with endless rows of new teeth. The jaw of the great whit shark is constantly creating new razor sharp teeth. Basically the jaw never stops creating teeth, wven when the shark is going to the state-championship. when an old-razor-sharp-tooth falls out (or graduates) the jaw can slide a new-razor-sharp-tooth into place immediately. Therefor, the great white shark can be a constant threat in his region.

I would ask this question, "what was Eubanks and his Staff doing during the "cinderella season" last year?" because this season proved that they were not creating new razor-sharp players to move into the empty positions left from last year's Senior class. Due to their shortcomings the countless kids that play for the Independence Eagles have had to suffer a "down year", instead of being considered a constant-threat/ fearsome-predator throughout their region.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL OF US - PLEASE STOP CREATING NEW LOG IN SCREEN NAMES WE KNOW YOU ARE THE SAME PERSON, SAME PHRASES AND USAGE OF VERBAGE RHETORIC GIVE IT ALL AWAY - tell the other kid good luck playing flag football at intramurals next year -

RHS did they make playoff last year after reaching state ??? NOPE

BHS has been down last few years

well graduate 16 0ut of 22 what do you get ? SO please shut up and please sleeper or whomever think of another screen name to post your garbage....

Like I have said before, anyone that has a different opinion than yours regarding the qb situation this year has to be the father of Smith. Not exactly. But it may be hard for you to understand that if you haven't completed high school yet.

Certain seniors should start this Friday that may not have started at their particular position all season. However not every senior should start. The coaches will and should make that call.

read my profile to read up on me please any questions ? Be happy to answer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would ask this question, "what was Eubanks and his Staff doing during the "cinderella season" last year?" because this season proved that they were not creating new razor-sharp players to move into the empty positions left from last year's Senior class. Due to their shortcomings the countless kids that play for the Independence Eagles have had to suffer a "down year", instead of being considered a constant-threat/ fearsome-predator throughout their region.

That whole thing was about the dumbest thing I have ever read and was written by some ome who doesnt know athletes or athletics. With your logic, once a team shows success, they woulod never lose again with their new row of teeth. Look at your neighboring Rutherford County at Riverdale...good long run, but its ended with a team trying to stay at 500 for the season. You want the IHS coach to create a "shark" in the region after 2 seasons as head coach? Yikes. Smith has a better chance of being a starting college QB than IHS has of becoming a "shark" that quickly. And no offense to Smith, never seen him play, but he was 2nd string QB for some reason, and it wasnt because the coach wanted to lose so he made his best QB the backup.

You blame the shortcomings of less than blessed, but hard working kids on the coaches? Are you kidding? And with the fragile egos of high school kids, and especially some kids who have been told they are the greatest thing since sliced bread in Williamson County and in Independence, you mess with their confidence then they lose what may be the only thing going for them. When you have a less than gifted talent and shake his confidence, you can beat him every time. Independence was blessed with only a little above average talent. For the most part, and as with most teams, they are very hard working and very average. You come on here with dumb postings and they begin to doubt and question and they begin to lose. They dont have the great talent to keep them afloat, and then they fall apart and have a rough season. And then you try to blame it on the coaches, when in fact it is you and people like you with your attitudes that were a huge part of the problem. Would they have gone to the playoffs this year without all your self created qb controversy? No, they just are not that good this season. Could they have had a win or two more? Definitely.

If you think for one second that confidence is not a huge part of football, then it is no wonder you cant understand who the choice for starting QB is.

You want Independence to be a shark and a constant threat in the region after one championship run? Hate to tell you, last season was over last season. This season is over Friday. What will be your cries next season?

Supporting a team that doesnt play your choices has proven beyond you capability. That shows that no matter what jersey you wear on Friday, and which side of the stadium you sit on, you are not a true supporter or fan. You support your choice and not your team. Sad. I am sure your ego won't let you feel any shame, but you really should.

Somebody needs to name this thread "IHS's QB controversies", because anyone who posts on here is talking about the QB position. I did not mention Heckman or Smith once. Heckman is a good QB, he has performed under pressure before. He picked Franklin's Defense apart last year in the playoffs (that defense was loaded with studs throughout the secondary & linebacking corps). The only difference between his success this year and this year, is the fact that he was not surrounded by the same group of players. apparently no one stepped up to fill the gaps. I GOT IT!!! Pettigrew, Consiglio, Baugh, and the other 13 starters are no longer around...But I am sorry if I do not see how that results in a 4-win difference. I am sorry If I think that Independence High School Football (and its countless supporters) should believe that there is never a reason for them to lose to Dickson Co, Columbia Central, and Clarksville NE.

I could care less about the Smith vs Heckman argument. Thank God that after this Friday we will never hear about this issue again.

Somebody needs to name this thread "IHS's QB controversies", because anyone who posts on here is talking about the QB position. I did not mention Heckman or Smith once. Heckman is a good QB, he has performed under pressure before. He picked Franklin's Defense apart last year in the playoffs (that defense was loaded with studs throughout the secondary & linebacking corps). The only difference between his success this year and this year, is the fact that he was not surrounded by the same group of players. apparently no one stepped up to fill the gaps. I GOT IT!!! Pettigrew, Consiglio, Baugh, and the other 13 starters are no longer around...But I am sorry if I do not see how that results in a 4-win difference. I am sorry If I think that Independence High School Football (and its countless supporters) should believe that there is never a reason for them to lose to Dickson Co, Columbia Central, and Clarksville NE.

I could care less about the Smith vs Heckman argument. Thank God that after this Friday we will never hear about this issue again.

Yeah the shark also saos indy was lucky last year poor regionnwhimpy playoff team. Indy lucky versus franklin in playoff with lucky catch that went thru d.b.'S hands he went on to say millingtonweak team they are horrible simce they blew a 21 pt lead NEVER one time did he commend give credit to team. This poster as we all know whom he is ( and I have thru good friend thatwill circulate to some. Td club boosters a lot of these bash indy. And heckman comments so you know whom u r hope you feel welcpmed friday. Go sign ur kid up for powder puff

Now here I've gone and done what I know I shouldn't...gotten into a debate that is pointless with folks who readily show that they are unable to get the point.

It is the intangibles of any athletic endeavor that most often puts a team into the highest levels of success. When you plant the seed of doubt in a kid's mind, doubt of their right to a position, or the doubt of the team in a coach's ability to make the best decisions for that team, you are chipping away at their confidence...and a team lacking confidence in themselves and in their coach is destined to lose more games than a team that does not have that issue.

You have consistently chipped away at this team, its coaches, and its starters. Kids read these posts...their confidence is affected.

If it is a "meaningless" night, you want the kids that are not good enough to start to play, right? Thats Rec ball. Wow, can the team go to Chucky Cheese's after the game too?

Build for next year. You cant do it by playing senior kids who were not good enough to help THIS year.

The fact that you're even insinuating that I personally have done anything even remotely close to chipping away is extremely insulting to me. I have been there for this program every step of the way...from the 2004 scrimmages against Glencliff and Stewart County to last December's heartbreak in Murfreesboro. If you have a problem with something that I have said, give me a call or an e-mail. Those that truly know this program know exactly who I am and exactly how to reach me. If you do not know how to do so, then let me know and I'll give you all of the information which you need.

Look forward to hearing from you.