Maplewood at Tullahoma

binns37388

Maplewood travels to Tullahoma this Friday nite in a game in which the winner would probably host a 1st round play-off game. After beating a very good offensive team at Stratford last Friday nite, the Cats now face a great defensive team. The Panthers shut out a good Whites Creek team last Friday and the Cobras are the only Region team to have beaten Tullahoma. I guess the big question is not whether Tullahoma can beat Maplewood, but can they score on the Panthers? Tullahoma, with around 17 interceptions for the season, has done a great job against the pass, but Maplewood is more of a run first, pass second offense. The Cats have an excellent chance of making the play-offs, but they also have a chance for a Region title. Tullahoma, in recent years, has not fared well against the Panthers, but this team may be peaking at the right time. Congratulations to the Tullahoma Middle School Wildcats in winning the conference championshop game, 12-0 against the North Middle School Gators Sat at Wilkins stadium.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maplewood travels to Tullahoma this Friday nite in a game in which the winner would probably host a 1st round play-off game. After beating a very good offensive team at Stratford last Friday nite, the Cats now face a great defensive team. The Panthers shut out a good Whites Creek team last Friday and the Cobras are the only Region team to have beaten Tullahoma. I guess the big question is not whether Tullahoma can beat Maplewood, but can they score on the Panthers? Tullahoma, with around 17 interceptions for the season, has done a great job against the pass, but Maplewood is more of a run first, pass second offense. The Cats have an excellent chance of making the play-offs, but they also have a chance for a Region title. Tullahoma, in recent years, has not fared well against the Panthers, but this team may be peaking at the right time. Congratulations to the Tullahoma Middle School Wildcats in winning the conference championshop game, 12-0 against the North Middle School Gators Sat at Wilkins stadium.

[/quote

I have watched both Tullahoma and Maplewood play and cannot see a way for Tullahoma to win without a lot of help. With that being said, I never expected the Stratford score either. Tullahoma must pound the ball on the ground and have an opportunistic defense. T is well coached and I am sure will have a good game plan, good luck Fri night.

Maplewood will win this one. They'll be the #2 seed, Whites Creek will be the #3 seed, & Tullahoma will be the #4 seed. Hillsboro will be the region's #1 seed.

I don't expect any of these teams to lose in the opening round of the playoffs. Beech could.......COULD.........knock off Tullahoma but other than this don't look for Region 6-4A to have many teams around when the crunch time arrives in November.

Maplewood: 27

Tullahoma: 14

Chime in boski dude... Where you at..? Hope not in lock down /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> *wink*

im here buddy!! lock down ..umm no ..thats one thing i dont have to worry about

.....after seeing maplewood ...wake up against whites creek ..looks like they were just waiting for the right moment to start peaking

..which is a good thing ..im glad i was wrong about that game!!

i see t town ..flying under the radar ...they peaked their head up a lil to fast and now they got a target on thier back.

Maplewood ..does as in recent years to t town ...and thats flaten them!! ill give my score later ..right now im to busy!

Guest Advisor

im here buddy!! lock down ..umm no ..thats one thing i dont have to worry about

.....after seeing maplewood ...wake up against whites creek ..looks like they were just waiting for the right moment to start peaking

..which is a good thing ..im glad i was wrong about that game!!

i see t town ..flying under the radar ...they peaked their head up a lil to fast and now they got a target on thier back.

Maplewood ..does as in recent years to t town ...and thats flaten them!! ill give my score later ..right now im to busy!

What's up Boski.........it's been a while!! Hey man..........good luck at Tullahoma.........they're tough............looking forward to seeing you guys again. Maybe in Paris..........maybe not!!

Guest catsvoice

If you don't know whether Tullahoma has a passing game or not then you got no business throwing an opinion in on this one. Matter of fact Tullahoma has one of the midstate's best passing attacks. QB Matt Hagen has thrown for almost 1200 yards and three receivers, Jared Olive, Jordan Milleville, and Derek Lawson each has over 300 yards receiving.

The Wildcats are not one dimensional though. Against Stratford tailback Zach Bryson rushed for 277 yards.

Maplewood has a great defense, and its seems their offense has hit its stride after struggling early in the season. Maplewood has the advantage in size and speed, and they have certainly dominated the Wildcats in recent seasons. At the same time it doesn't appear this Panthers team is quite as strong as last year's title-game squad.

The call goes out to all Tullahoma fans to fill up Wilkins Stadium Friday night. We know how many (few) fans will travel from Nashville, so the Wildcat faithful have an opportunity to really be the 12th man with their vocal support. We need every available person to come out and cheer on the Wildcats, because this game could be the difference between a good season and a great season.

With Whites Creek and Hillsboro also squaring off, Friday night will go a long way in deciding how these four teams will stack up come playoff time.

I disagree with the suggestions that Region 5-4A will sweep Region 6-4A come playoff time. Beech is very strong and Mt. Juliet just keeps winning and getting better each game. It is crucial for Tullahoma to be in position to host a first-round game, and the only way that will happen is for the Cats to topple the Panthers this week.