Ezell-Collinwood Scrimmage

collarbone

Posted by collarbone:

For those of you who haven't heard, Ezell-Harding and Collinwood are scrimmaging on Tuesday the 13th. This should be a good game and good look at a game we might see again in the post-season. I know Antoine Owens will not play in the scrimmage. Any thoughts?? :x

Why is Antoine not playing? :confused:

[Edited by scout on 8-10-02 5:38P]

Posted by twittycanes:

I have heard Antoine has been in Chicago for a while. Is everything okay? Surely he is not on vacation. It is football time & I don't think he would just go on vacation. Maybe I'm wrong though. Does anyone know why he is in Chicago?

Only the coaching staff knows. Nothing is wrong with Antoine and nothing is going on. He will be ready to play. He won't be starting in the Collinwood scrimmage, though. Coach Smith hasn't decided if he is even going to dress or not. I look to him being back by Friday at the Davidson Academy scrimmage.

gunrock, thanks for the info on Antoine. I'm glad to hear everything is okay with him or the situation. I coached Antoine when he played at Flatrock in his youth years. I could tell then he was going to be a force if he kept playing. Antoine is a fine young man & should go far in life. Good luck Antoine!

Coach Chuck

Posted by twittycanes:

gunrock, thanks for the info on Antoine. I'm glad to hear everything is okay with him or the situation. I coached Antoine when he played at Flatrock in his youth years. I could tell then he was going to be a force if he kept playing. Antoine is a fine young man & should go far in life. Good luck Antoine!

Coach Chuck

Chuck... did you coach at FlatRock when Randy Smith was there (Early 1990's)? My son played for his CCC team (91-92?) before we moved to Williamson County (1993). Were you the director in the late 1990's?

Maybe Antione is at Northwestern University checking it out and meeting the coaches. After all, Northwestern is in Evanston (a suburb of Chicago.)

I know that D-I colleges have shown interest in Antione. Maybe this is the place.....

This is just pure speculation, though. I have no facts to support this.

Posted by wizard:

Maybe Antione is at Northwestern University checking it out and meeting the coaches. After all, Northwestern is in Evanston (a suburb of Chicago.)

I know that D-I colleges have shown interest in Antione. Maybe this is the place.....

This is just pure speculation, though. I have no facts to support this.

Actually, Antoine was just on vacation short and simple. He is being sat out of todays's scrimmage from what i understand as a form of punishment. Also he is not goin NorthWestern i would actually dare to say that he will commit to the University of Tennessee. I really hope he does, because im a big tennessee fan. He is the best Linebacker i have seen and i have watched about 50 games the last 3 years. He will SUrpass 400 tackles this year and probably will have over 1000 yards offense this year as well. Whereever he goes they will ge getting one heck of a football player.

Posted by twittycanes:

ELA - Yes, I am that guy. Do I know you? If so, then it's good to hear from you. Randy & I ended up coaching together in '96 & '97. We coached his youngest son who now goes to Lipscomb. See Ya!

Yes... we know each other! I used to be the Director of Football for the W.C. Cowboys when I worked at schools in Williamson and Maury County. We used to sit by each other at meetings at Mid-State. We even coached against one another on a couple of occassions (BBB/AAA?)! After leaving Maury County in 1999 I moved to Clay County and have been the head Football and baseball coach here since 2000. :o