East Hickman Vs. Loretto

eaglepride

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Deserve......... do you not know what the meaning is?

for the record, it doesn't really matter to me who wins....i would be happy for whichever teams gets the W.....

just checked Websters to get clarification on the def. of "deserve"....and this is what I came up with....I am sure Loretto "DESERVES" to win just as much as East does....the only thing any football team "DESERVES" is a chance to get it done on any given Friday....you have had several of those to this point, so you have gotten what you "DESERVE".....this is the point I think a lot of people miss.....No one DESERVES victories....you have to EARN them.....I have no doubt that you will have several wins in the future, but it will not be because you DESERVE them....it will be because you put more points on the board than the team you are playing.....

East Hickman is still looking for their first win ever as a football program. Those kids DESERVE something good for all of their hard work through the past two years.

Why don't you go to a Hickman Co. thread if all you want to do is come over here and make humor about a new program full of kids who are working their tails off to get better.

Not every 2A school is allowed to drop and play with 4A numbers....... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

East Hickman is still looking for their first win ever as a football program. Those kids DESERVE something good for all of their hard work through the past two years.

Why don't you go to a Hickman Co. thread if all you want to do is come over here and make humor about a new program full of kids who are working their tails off to get better.

Not every 2A school is allowed to drop and play with 4A numbers....... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

what part of any of my post was a shot at being trying to be funny....i am sure those kids are working very hard, and AS I SAID, i am also sure there are a number of victories ahead for them in the future....but why is it that East deserves a win any more than anyone else? do you not think that Loretto is working just as hard this week? do you think they deserve it less? i bet some of those folks from Loretto would disagree with you....by the way, tell me about those "4A" numbers you refer to.......

4A numbers are those kids from Lyles and Bon Aqua on Hickman County's roster. Maybe Baker Hollow too......I'd have to check a map.

Look, I'm cool with the school board allowing the students in high school to choose to stay where they are or to go to where they're zoned, but don't pretend it didn't happen. I counted like 23 seniors on that roster. That's like half of a lot of 2A rosters. Several of those would be playing for East if they had to play where they were zoned. I mean, if Cheatham and Harpeth could combine their senior and junior classes for a couple of years, they'd be pretty stout. When Harpeth split from Cheatham they started with just a freshman class and added a class every year for the next 3 years. East isn't in that hole, but they didn't get all the players they could have gotten. Just sayin.

East is much improved over last year, though it might not show up in the win column. They have a shot at Loretto. I hope they can pull it off.

4A numbers are those kids from Lyles and Bon Aqua on Hickman County's roster. Maybe Baker Hollow too......I'd have to check a map.

Look, I'm cool with the school board allowing the students in high school to choose to stay where they are or to go to where they're zoned, but don't pretend it didn't happen. I counted like 23 seniors on that roster. That's like half of a lot of 2A rosters. Several of those would be playing for East if they had to play where they were zoned. I mean, if Cheatham and Harpeth could combine their senior and junior classes for a couple of years, they'd be pretty stout. When Harpeth split from Cheatham they started with just a freshman class and added a class every year for the next 3 years. East isn't in that hole, but they didn't get all the players they could have gotten. Just sayin.

East is much improved over last year, though it might not show up in the win column. They have a shot at Loretto. I hope they can pull it off.

This is the final year of the town of Centerville useing East players who chose to stay, I think i heard a few more chose to go there and are juniors.but for the most part, It is over after this year. East has took thier lumps and if the coach can keep some dedicated players on the East Squad they should shine next year. Statistically they should beat Loretto, but I thought they would be in at least in a few games this year, loss of players hurt the team this year. About 5 kids who quit,as reported would of made a big difference on the team. Good luck......i hope they win.