Giles Co. vs. David Lipscomb

irishluck

yes i agree they are. But Giles County have a good defense as well. They could possibly be as good as last year's defense.

this years d is probably mentally as tough as last years but not as quick and physical as last.i think having Kanden is a improvement than who they had last year(can't remember the kids name)but he couldn't cover rogers last year to save his life.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Largely because of Wallace's improved game GC will be able to stretch the field more than in the recent past against DL. If the recievers can make them stick they can certianly make a game of it. GC has backs which can run in space and run in a crowd, if they can get the passing game working they can match up.

Since I always hear what a great guy Coach Mac is why don't the DL fans sit on the visitor side and the GC fans sit on the home side, Cuz there will be fore GC fans than DL fans. It would just be the NICE thing to do.

giles will not bring more fans than lipscomb. there has not been an open seat in the home stands at any of the home games this year. lipscomb will be looking for a contest and definatelt expecting giles to give them as much as they want. however IMO giles will fall into the category of all the other teams lipscomb has seen this season and be no contest. lipscombs unbelievable defense will shut the bobcat offense down and the talented offense will have no trouble putting up points... for the mustangs on offense i dont look for rogers to be the biggest challenge in this game. i think he will get a fairly limited amout of touches. i look for michael saggio (the young man fillng daniel's shoes) to have a breakout game and be the main cause for heartache for the bobcats.

yes i agree they are. But Giles County have a good defense as well. They could possibly be as good as last year's defense.

well thats a comforting thought for the mustangs. last i recall they put up 35 points last year with ease. their offense is not quite the same level as last season but they would still have no trouble just as last year.

giles will not bring more fans than lipscomb. there has not been an open seat in the home stands at any of the home games this year. lipscomb will be looking for a contest and definatelt expecting giles to give them as much as they want. however IMO giles will fall into the category of all the other teams lipscomb has seen this season and be no contest. lipscombs unbelievable defense will shut the bobcat offense down and the talented offense will have no trouble putting up points... for the mustangs on offense i dont look for rogers to be the biggest challenge in this game. i think he will get a fairly limited amout of touches. i look for michael saggio (the young man fillng daniel's shoes) to have a breakout game and be the main cause for heartache for the bobcats.

you hide and watch if i was a lipscomb fan i would get there about 5:00 to get a seat this Giles Co. not Stratford we will fill ours up and then some and we will be there early.

giles will not bring more fans than lipscomb. there has not been an open seat in the home stands at any of the home games this year.

Yea they will. In the past large numbers of GC fans have had to sit on the DL side just in hopes of having a place to sit. Oh by the way, the GC temp stands are FAR better than the DL visitor stand have ever been.

Yea they will. In the past large numbers of GC fans have had to sit on the DL side just in hopes of having a place to sit. Oh by the way, the GC temp stands are FAR better than the DL visitor stand have ever been.

Lipscomb does not have a very good visitor side. But is still better than Montgomery Central. The Lipscomb stadium was built when the school was a Class A Program and has not been enlarged since and that was around 1982. Hopefully Lipscomb's principal will have some temps delivered from the University.

OMG,i was just looking on lipscombs web site of the pics of the creek wood game and the score was 28-0 with 24 sec. left in the first QUARTER.

the mustangs put up one more to make it 35-0 at the end of the quarter. after that the starters rested the rest of the night. this shows how much class coach mac actually has for the final to be 49-26. and for your previous post i agree totally giles always has a great cowd. the mustangs do as well. these teams have the best fans in the region. should be a great crowd on hand. i have already made my prediction for the game known. wish yall a safe trip to and from lipscomb.

The defense. BY FAR..............

On offense they have Rogers. Daniel is now gone due to an injury. I'd be willing to say that without Rogers the Mustangs would be very average on offense. He is a great player and can make a single unit that much better because of his ability.

On defense Rogers and Lehning back there in the secondary are ridiculous. Both of them are players. The linebackers are amazing. Brewer, Webb, and Saggio make the best group of linebackers in the entire state. They fly to the football. The line is just as good. Hudson and Stevens are two athletic and powerful players up front who play the game the way it has to be played.

If David Lipscomb's 1st Team Offense played their 1st Team Defense then they'd find scoring to be tough. The linebackers would stuff the trap, the cover 2 corners would play the buck and rocket beautifully, and Rogers wouldn't be able to catch anything deep because he'd be covered by..............HIMSELF /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The only reason people score on DL is because Coach Mac is such a nice guy and takes his "guns" off of the field when things appear even close to being out of hand.

I completely agree with you that the defense for the mustangs is better than the mustang offense. No doubt. However, the Lipscomb offense is not dependent on Rogers. He is no doubt the biggest weapon they possess, but without him they would still be WELL above average. Saggio proves his capability more and more each week. People would have made the same claim about Daniel, but Lipscomb has clearly overcome the tragic loss. The offense is not on the same level it was last year, but it is still very solid with or without Rogers.

I think you need a new second baseman... LOL!

I agree, and this is off topic, but I dont think Kanden ever played a varsity baseball game for GC.

Ok, I'm not a real football guy but I know this... Giles County has never beaten DL. Not even when they had a talented senior class in 06 (Class of 07). I know things change, but come on guys, really? I'm from GC, and sure, I'd love to see us win, but I'm not ignoring reality.

Not sure of the score. This could be close, but only if Lipscomb lets it be. Otherwise, Blowout, and everyone jumps off of the GC wagon once again.