Giles Co. vs. David Lipscomb

irishluck

I wonder if it is any better than the Lipscomb line? We seemed to have more yards than you guys did; and, none of our drives took more than two minutes. Rogers scored at least twice without being touched. That would seem like a pretty fair line to me too.

DL has a good line.Rogers just outran everyone, the line was not much of a factor after he gets a step.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We came, we saw and we are not impressed.

im pretty sure we can say the same thing... you lost. for giles to have the ball for 35 min and 9 sec and still not win the ball game is pathetic. if the time of possetion had been closer this game would have been out of hand. for lipscomb to only have the ball a little over 12 min and still come out on top shows who the better team is. we look forward to seeing yall again if yall can make it past the first round this year.

looks like a battle for second place in the region barring a miracle.in order for these two teams to meet up again giles co. has got to get past the 1st round of the playoffs first.

no doubts that yall will. this was a fantastic game that i was lucky to get to watch. this should be a fantastic quarter final matchup. for lipscomb to not be faced with the same trouble they were this time they need to actually control the ball. the defense needs to get the offense on the field. for giles to not suffer a repeat they need to particularly not try to control the clock as they did last night. they need to just come out and play they game as they did for some of the night. however for either team to see more success the mustangs need to get a different officiating crew for the next matchup. see yall in round 3.

im pretty sure we can say the same thing... you lost. for giles to have the ball for 35 min and 9 sec and still not win the ball game is pathetic. if the time of possetion had been closer this game would have been out of hand. for lipscomb to only have the ball a little over 12 min and still come out on top shows who the better team is. we look forward to seeing yall again if yall can make it past the first round this year.

The thing about it is that I thought I would be impressed; really impressed and I continued to think so when I saw the size of the DL players. You have a young man who is all ready committed to Tenn. so I hear and he did keep you in the game. I pray the Rogers boy is not hurt seriously, but you do realize he was tackled by a kid who is around 5'5" and 150 pounds, who willo most likely never get an offer from TN. When I arrived at the game and saw the players at DL, I really thought that we should not be playing private school who can get players from anywhere, but after the game, I think that it is fine for us to continue to play DL even though the TSSAA won't have us in the same playoff level after this year. You may be the better team and I don't really think I can argue with that, but we had the biggest heart for the game last night. You may have to play better also to make it past the first round. What do you think?

not impressive? dl scored 31 points in 12 min. gc won the first down battle 21-7 yet dl had more yards. therefore dl scored at will. gc's quaterback played a great game and was the reason they were in the game but there defense was terrible. rogers had 6 touches for 160 yards. that alone explains dls dominance on offense. if you didnt think they were impressive than i dont know what game you were watching. their D struggled but was much better than gc's. great game though. should be another great one should the opportunity await them in the playoffs. Goodluck to both teams the rest of the way. hope rogers is ok.

not impressive? dl scored 31 points in 12 min. gc won the first down battle 21-7 yet dl had more yards. therefore dl scored at will. gc's quaterback played a great game and was the reason they were in the game but there defense was terrible. rogers had 6 touches for 160 yards. that alone explains dls dominance on offense. if you didnt think they were impressive than i dont know what game you were watching. their D struggled but was much better than gc's. great game though. should be another great one should the opportunity await them in the playoffs. Goodluck to both teams the rest of the way. hope rogers is ok.

[/quote

Dear sweet Agnes Scott, (this is a great name and were you the one playing the bagpipes?) From reading Tennessean accounts of DL and predictions from coacht, I thought Giles County had no chance. They were just a little bit off weren't they now dearie? I don't know that much about football, but I can read and it seemed as if we should probably just skip the game and surrender to mighty DL, sight unseen. I guess I won't say I was totally unimpressed, but they weren't the goliaths that I expected or we just had some Davids on the team. Drop the bagpipes until you learn to play them, they sounded like a cat yeowing. But good luck to both teams as well.

....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />... o wait your serious....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> !!!!! giles has no chance at scoring 28 points as long as the mustang starters are in the game.. and also no chance of holding the mustangs starting offense to only 21.

Well, you see Giles was able to attain 28 even though they were outscored in the end.......very tight game, and an AWESOME game for Bo Wallace.

Lipscomb: 35

Giles: 7

The thing about it is that I thought I would be impressed; really impressed and I continued to think so when I saw the size of the DL players. You have a young man who is all ready committed to Tenn. so I hear and he did keep you in the game. I pray the Rogers boy is not hurt seriously, but you do realize he was tackled by a kid who is around 5'5" and 150 pounds, who willo most likely never get an offer from TN. When I arrived at the game and saw the players at DL, I really thought that we should not be playing private school who can get players from anywhere, but after the game, I think that it is fine for us to continue to play DL even though the TSSAA won't have us in the same playoff level after this year. You may be the better team and I don't really think I can argue with that, but we had the biggest heart for the game last night. You may have to play better also to make it past the first round. What do you think?

You are stupid if you think DL recruits players from all around. With only a little over 500 kids to choose from... i dont think they always get the biggest and most athletic. so do not use this excuse to blame yals loss... final score if i remember DL was on top. enough said

Baeagle is exactly right, it was clear giles couldn't hang with lipscomb if they had tried to play a real game, instead they cowared behind the clock all night and still couldn't win also I can't say I've ever seen fans, players and even coaches cheer when a player on an opposing team gets injured as what happened when rogers went down..... EXTREMELY unclassy giles county, I'm very disappointed