Giles Co. vs. David Lipscomb

irishluck

Reread the post please. I did not use the dreaded seven letter word. I said that DL had advantages that most public schools don't have. Do you disagree with this statement. Why? Who is in Division 2, if not private schools? Why don't you go play in Division 2 if you are so sure you can compete. I think DL cares more about domination that competition. But I bet you will remember the night that your second and third string players didn't get to go in the second quarter or not even in the second half.

yes i disagree. Name those advantages that DL has over most public schools. Tiny weight rooms? very fixed income for equipment? only a little over 500 students to chose from? please tell me id like to know. and again since you seem to be a little slow... DL does not recruit or give financial aid to ANY of their athletes so they do not play in Division 2 with all of the other schools that can give financial aid to athletes. sorry your school got beat by a private school who does not recruit and does not have any advantages...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about it is that I thought I would be impressed; really impressed and I continued to think so when I saw the size of the DL players. You have a young man who is all ready committed to Tenn. so I hear and he did keep you in the game. I pray the Rogers boy is not hurt seriously, but you do realize he was tackled by a kid who is around 5'5" and 150 pounds, who willo most likely never get an offer from TN. When I arrived at the game and saw the players at DL, I really thought that we should not be playing private school who can get players from anywhere, but after the game, I think that it is fine for us to continue to play DL even though the TSSAA won't have us in the same playoff level after this year. You may be the better team and I don't really think I can argue with that, but we had the biggest heart for the game last night. You may have to play better also to make it past the first round. What do you think?

agreed completely. i think both of these teams will get well past the first round. yall have one heck of a squad this season. i look forward to what i think will be a great third round match up. can we agree on this?

Reread the post please. I did not use the dreaded seven letter word. I said that DL had advantages that most public schools don't have. Do you disagree with this statement. Why? Who is in Division 2, if not private schools? Why don't you go play in Division 2 if you are so sure you can compete. I think DL cares more about domination that competition. But I bet you will remember the night that your second and third string players didn't get to go in the second quarter or not even in the second half.

yes i disagree. Name those advantages that DL has over most public schools. Tiny weight rooms? very fixed income for equipment? only a little over 500 students to chose from? please tell me id like to know. and again since you seem to be a little slow... DL does not recruit or give financial aid to ANY of their athletes so they do not play in Division 2 with all of the other schools that can give financial aid to athletes. sorry your school got beat by a private school who does not recruit and does not have any advantages...

thank you pool boy, DL has about 400 less students than Giles Co., and DL has the advantages? If you have seen our weightrooms, like poolboy said, there nothing to go tell anyone about. I agree you never used the word "recruit", but we do not give financial aid that D2 schools give. At Lipscomb if the school does give you financial aid, you are not allowed to play sports. To answer your question, a lot of private schools are not D2, for example, CPA, Goodpasture, Nashville Christian, just to name a couple. Actually Lipscomb should be in 2A this year, but we're in 3A because of the multiplier, which added about 400 students to our actual enrollment, and next year we'll be in 4A. Still think we have the advantages?

Isn't it true that TSSAA has put you in another classification where we won't play you next year. Aren't you moving up in classification? Is the TSSAA stupid too? They seem to think it is hard for Giles and other 3A school to compete with DL. However, after Friday night. I think we can compete with yall. I hear you won't go to the private school division because you know you can't compete. Why else would you not want to play with the other private schools? Handle it poolboy.

being a brentwood academy graduate and sending my children there i know all about the private d2 league... let me tell you right now lipscomb can compete with the best of them. you clearly have no knowledge of this so i suggest you do not speak about the subject anymore

No one knew that the Rogers boy was hurt. He walked off the field. We were cheering because a tough player stopped him. Isn't that what you do in football? Is was however very unclassy when one of your players, (won't call any numbers, but I remember), took a swing at one of our players. (not what you do in football and you usually get a penalty for it) Is that football or Christian? I'm disappointed. I would certainly expect better from a Christian school.

are you a christian?if so you are being a little judgemental there don't ya think.if not i'll pray for you.i hope zach is ok and the hit that raheem laid on him was perfectly legal and the pointing and air kick he made toward him was totally uncalled for and he should have been flagged.but i know raheem and his dad real well and to see raheem all 5'5" lay a lick like that and get up and taughnt zach was hilarious.like i said i'm sorry that zach got hurt and i mean no disrespect toward him or lipscomb.i also watched the replay and after #42 caught that pass for that big gain he got pushing giles co. players for no reason what so ever right if front of the refs so lipscomb can't really say anything.by the way,where did those officals come from. they called a good game but it looked like they had no idea what was going on.

are you a christian?if so you are being a little judgemental there don't ya think.if not i'll pray for you.i hope zach is ok and the hit that raheem laid on him was perfectly legal and the pointing and air kick he made toward him was totally uncalled for and he should have been flagged.but i know raheem and his dad real well and to see raheem all 5'5" lay a lick like that and get up and taughnt zach was hilarious.like i said i'm sorry that zach got hurt and i mean no disrespect toward him or lipscomb.i also watched the replay and after #42 caught that pass for that big gain he got pushing giles co. players for no reason what so ever right if front of the refs so lipscomb can't really say anything.by the way,where did those officals come from. they called a good game but it looked like they had no idea what was going on.

What Refs were you watching? I think the Refs should be made more accountable for their calls-then maybe they would be fair-if they call it on one they should call it on others. And when one calls one and another calls something else maybe they will huddle and discuss it and get the call right. It was awful officiating in my opinion-missed calls for both sides. We talked with the back-line judge before the game and he told us five pairs of eyes can't see it all-I agree but when it is right in front of your face duh? And when 5 officials can't discern between a penalty that should have been a dead ball fowl or accessed on the kickoff, or whether a catch is a catch and than fumbled into the end zone, something needs to be done.

These are two very good teams who deserved a better officiating team-one that would have truly made the right calls. They were the worst I have seen all year.

Fans and players love the big hit and cheer before we realize the seriousness of the situation. However, before you make the comment of getting your facts straight, you should watch the replay of the play. I have several times now. The GC player made a b-line to Rogers and made a big hit. He got up and pointed and then gave the "air' karate kick. In my opinion, it should have drawn a flag for "unsportsmanlike conduct. No question. And No question there should have been a unsportsmanlike flag thrown against a Lipscomb player earlier in the game, but in most cases its the second guy that ususally gets called for the flag not the instigator..but no flag in either case.

Now back to the kickoff play and the hit. I've played the game and know whats in the mind of players who are on kickoff and how you look the field over and surveying the one you are going to hit in advance. I have also had sons who played and were also on kickoff teams. One of those sons was blindsided and "earholed" and suffered a concussion and was out several games....the kid who hit him, just picked him out to get a cheap shot on him...it was obvious and was proven on the review of the film. I'm not making comments about the intent of the hit but only the reaction of the player who hit him. Would he have pointed and air kicked if he had hit say....#63? Or did he point and air kick because it was #21 and he was on his knees.

This was a great HS game. Wished more people could have seen it person, but I know that many on both sides were involved with Fall Break Activities. I commend the GC Staff and their team for their preparation and play in the game. I know that both Lipscomb and Giles County will represent the Region well in the Playoffs. These are two very good ball clubs and staffs.

Marshall County is out there waiting for both of us. Good Luck to the Bobcats in the remaining season.

Thats really weak argument that Holt was going after Rogers. According to the Tennessean and your coach Rogers hasn"t played on the kick off return all year. So the first time in 8 games he is on the the kickoff you claim someone was headhunting for Rogers. Heck that was the the only solid hit Rogers took all night. But you go ahead and think what you like. One thing I can guarantee you is that after seeing the game film Lewisburg will be hitting him hard and often, make that two things, you won't be getting ANY calls your way over there.

Baeagle is exactly right, it was clear giles couldn't hang with lipscomb if they had tried to play a real game, instead they cowared behind the clock all night and still couldn't win also I can't say I've ever seen fans, players and even coaches cheer when a player on an opposing team gets injured as what happened when rogers went down..... EXTREMELY unclassy giles county, I'm very disappointed

You know whats UNCLASSY, that as great as DL has been and are this season, your stands were at BEST 1/3 full. Do the parents of all the players even come to the games? Giles Co. had 100+ people standing.

And I don't get the cowarded behind the clock comment, that was an obvious strategy of working the clock that worked very well. That would be like me commenting that DL cowarded behind the talent of Rogers. They would both be silly statements. Its simply two very different teams using what they think best will achieve their goals.

You know whats UNCLASSY, that as great as DL has been and are this season, your stands were at BEST 1/3 full. Do the parents of all the players even come to the games? Giles Co. had 100+ people standing.

And I don't get the cowarded behind the clock comment, that was an obvious strategy of working the clock that worked very well. That would be like me commenting that DL cowarded behind the talent of Rogers. They would both be silly statements. Its simply two very different teams using what they think best will achieve their goals.

for your information, it was fall break at Lipscomb, many people were out of town. Also, if you put all the people that are in the endzone in the stands, then its full. Oh and about your other comment, the reason that was the only hit Zach took all night is because y'all couldn't catch up to him all night.

Absolutely a great high school footbal game to watch as a fan. Both coaches had awesome game plans, unfortunately,DL had one player who could take over a game, and he did. My take: Officiating did not win or lose this ballgame! GC had an opportunity to win, critical turnover late along with poor defense on last DL drive proved to be the factor. GC clearly dominated the line of scrimmage on the offensive side of the ball. I dont know if DL can win it all without the Rogers kid, ope hes okay. When is GC gonna correct the issues with the defesive backs?

for your information, it was fall break at Lipscomb, many people were out of town. Also, if you put all the people that are in the endzone in the stands, then its full. Oh and about your other comment, the reason that was the only hit Zach took all night is because y'all couldn't catch up to him all night.

Who really cares how many fans show up on either side of the field. Your right GC couldnt catch him and I dont know how many teams will, hes a special player, Again! You will need him to win. Without him GC wins that ballgame.

i think it is clear that the gap between david lipscomb and the rest of the region is narrowing. they were still the better team friday night as the score indicates, but they might not be on another night.

the giles county offensive line dominated the game. motts, norwood, strickland, bass, dienye and christopher made all other hogies proud. tobias and bo were very tough running the ball. i have never seen a david lipscomb defense get pushed around like that. and to speak to an earlier post that dl doesn't have much size on defense... i don't consider the 6'5 hudson kid small. yes, the other two d-line man are smaller, but then behind them you have 4 linebackers that are all 6'3 and over 200lbs. no body else in the region has linebackers like that! also, the secondary is all 6' or better with speed... so you can go cry to somebody else about your undersized defense. and they are all seniors. they got pushed around by a giles county offense that is primarily juniors!

our defense still has a ways to go. i know we don't have any individuals that are on rogers level, but we have got to play better than we did friday night. the defense has to step it up.

i also think marshall county has a real shot at knocking off david lipscomb especially if rogers is out... and the game at marshall county...