Giles Co. vs. David Lipscomb

irishluck

First of all if you think I am Coach Mac you are out of your mind. Any one who knows anything about the legend coach knows that he would never post anything on Coach T. I never said that the clock cost Lipscomb the game. I simply said the clock went out and that contreversy existed. I will go on the record now and say that Lipscomb blew the lead that night and should have not let down in the 4th quarter. Also Coach Mac does not care or ever mention that DL is undefeated in region play. That is not a big deal because winning is expected and Coach Mac is the most humble man around. Coach Mac does not even wear any of his state championship football rings. No matter if DL wins a state championship or not the same banquet will happen. Coach Mac does speak for himselfwith his actions as well as the actions of his team every Friday night in the fall.

Also I want to respond to the statement that Lipscomb or any other school should not call itself a Christian school. Everyone who goes to Lipscomb is accepted which is what makes the school what it is today. The school has Bible and Chapel every day as well as numerous service projects and though the school admits that Christians will sin they try as hard as possible to instill Christian Values into their students daily. Sometimes this works and sometimes it fails but it is the effort that counts. I know that sounds dull but it is the truth.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all if you think I am Coach Mac you are out of your mind. Any one who knows anything about the legend coach knows that he would never post anything on Coach T. I never said that the clock cost Lipscomb the game. I simply said the clock went out and that contreversy existed. I will go on the record now and say that Lipscomb blew the lead that night and should have not let down in the 4th quarter. Also Coach Mac does not care or ever mention that DL is undefeated in region play. That is not a big deal because winning is expected and Coach Mac is the most humble man around. Coach Mac does not even wear any of his state championship football rings. No matter if DL wins a state championship or not the same banquet will happen. Coach Mac does speak for himselfwith his actions as well as the actions of his team every Friday night in the fall.

Also I want to respond to the statement that Lipscomb or any other school should not call itself a Christian school. Everyone who goes to Lipscomb is accepted which is what makes the school what it is today. The school has Bible and Chapel every day as well as numerous service projects and though the school admits that Christians will sin they try as hard as possible to instill Christian Values into their students daily. Sometimes this works and sometimes it fails but it is the effort that counts. I know that sounds dull but it is the truth.

How can you be Christian and not accept every child? I mean every one.....not only the ones who are able to afford a private school, the less intelligent, the ones who are not able to achieve because of family problems, and so on..... Public school are the Christian schools.

Coach Mac does speak for himselfwith his actions as well as the actions of his team every Friday night in the fall.

Your quite the righteous one aren't you.

Was that Coach Mac(the man the myth the legend)speaking for himself through the actions of his players when number10 was taunting a GC player and on the final drive when the reciever got up pushing the player that tackled him on that play. Please help me understand.

Let Coach OConner let you stand on the sideline for a game and hear who is saying what.

This stuff is getting old.

My son plays for Giles County and they are a good group of kids, nice and polite- they always says yes mame and no mame when speaking with me. But when those boys(including mine) get on the field they are no longer those nice polite kids.

I saw a player say something to my son one night and asked my son what had been said, "He said momma you don't want to know" I than asked him what he said back and again he said "momma you don't want to know". These boys are not going to go out there on the field saying excuse me, please and thank you-their mind set changes, a young man who is not usually aggressive may become the most aggressive player on the field. There is not a parent who has a child playing that can say 100% their child has not said something on the field that they would not normally say. AND IT IS ALL TEAMS NOT JUST ONE!

No team is perfect and no team has perfect players and they all taunt each other whether we see it or not-WE as fans can not hear or see everything that happens on the field. When my son steps on that field he is no longer my nice polite son, he like all the others metamorphosis into a FOOTBALL PLAYER.

I will certainly get a map, because I want to totally informed about Williamson County. I should have said some public school in Willilamson County that begins with the letter R. I only remembered it because it seemed to be the first time a Williamson County public school beat Brentwood Academy or wait a minute, maybe the first time in a number of years. I'm not sure which. DL has advantages that most public schools will never have. Mainly they pick and choose what students can come and they seem to pick a fairly high percentage of big ole boys that can play some football. Public schools must take anyone who shows up, and they don't have to have a certain height, weight, intelligence level, achievement level, behavior standards, or even be able to afford to pay for school. We have no team doctorand not even a team surgeon. You were insulting to me and I answered you by asking about your knowledge of football based on the prediction you make about the game. If you want to quit the little argument you will have to do that.......quit. How do you know DL has no plans to go? Are you the king of DL, the big boss man or woman or what? never mind, don't answer this....don't want to know.

Last year's senior class that won the State Championship went 2-4 as 8th graders with the exact same players. So our success has nothing to do with the people we "choose". DL has been blessed with a great coaching staff and that's why DL is good. They have a great off season program and do a great job preparing the players each week. Obviously, Giles Co. has a great coaching staff also, because they had a great game plan against DL. Like someone said, we've had 4 d1 college football players since 1998. So anyone that says we choose people to come to our school along as they can play football, they're wrong. If that was the case, why doesn't DL went state in basketball every year. Maybe we should "choose" some better players to come to our school.

Last year's senior class that won the State Championship went 2-4 as 8th graders with the exact same players. So our success has nothing to do with the people we "choose". DL has been blessed with a great coaching staff and that's why DL is good. They have a great off season program and do a great job preparing the players each week. Obviously, Giles Co. has a great coaching staff also, because they had a great game plan against DL. Like someone said, we've had 4 d1 college football players since 1998. So anyone that says we choose people to come to our school along as they can play football, they're wrong. If that was the case, why doesn't DL went state in basketball every year. Maybe we should "choose" some better players to come to our school.

Maybe for some reason you don't care as much about basketball as you do football? Just a thought. I say that DL has advantageous that most public schools don't. Our coaches are wonderful, decent men who are fast becoming legends as coaches. Coach Mac does seem like a wonderful man and a great coach. I would love to see him coaching in a public school and I think he would be successful there too and have a positive influence on some of the kids in public schools who need someone like him in their lives. I think DL has the ability to pick and choose from a larger pool then public schools do and there is nothing you can say that will change my mind.

Maybe for some reason you don't care as much about basketball as you do football? Just a thought. I say that DL has advantageous that most public schools don't. Our coaches are wonderful, decent men who are fast becoming legends as coaches. Coach Mac does seem like a wonderful man and a great coach. I would love to see him coaching in a public school and I think he would be successful there too and have a positive influence on some of the kids in public schools who need someone like him in there lives. I think DL has the ability to pick and choose from a larger pool then public schools do and there is nothing you can say that will change my mind.

When you say "you" in the first sentence, do you mean me personally or Lipscomb? Because our AD is the former basketball coach and as for me, well, let's just say thats completely untrue.

When you say "you" in the first sentence, do you mean me personally or Lipscomb? Because our AD is the former basketball coach and as for me, well, let's just say thats completely untrue.

DL, of course, or are you the king of DL? Maybe that's why your Athletic Director is the FORMER basketball coach. Maybe he didn't get enought of the picks when ya'll are a picking and a choosing for your athletic teams.

DL, of course, or are you the king of DL? Maybe that's why your Athletic Director is the FORMER basketball coach. Maybe he didn't get enought of the picks when ya'll are a picking and a choosing for your athletic teams.

Mike Roller was one of the greatest high school bball coaches in the state, ask anyone who knows something about it, and what's this whole king of DL stuff?