Giles Co. vs. David Lipscomb

irishluck

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son plays for Giles County and they are a good group of kids, nice and polite- they always says yes mame and no mame when speaking with me. But when those boys(including mine) get on the field they are no longer those nice polite kids.

I saw a player say something to my son one night and asked my son what had been said, "He said momma you don't want to know" I than asked him what he said back and again he said "momma you don't want to know". These boys are not going to go out there on the field saying excuse me, please and thank you-their mind set changes, a young man who is not usually aggressive may become the most aggressive player on the field. There is not a parent who has a child playing that can say 100% their child has not said something on the field that they would not normally say. AND IT IS ALL TEAMS NOT JUST ONE!

No team is perfect and no team has perfect players and they all taunt each other whether we see it or not-WE as fans can not hear or see everything that happens on the field. When my son steps on that field he is no longer my nice polite son, he like all the others metamorphosis into a FOOTBALL PLAYER.

great post

Your quite the righteous one aren't you.

Was that Coach Mac(the man the myth the legend)speaking for himself through the actions of his players when number10 was taunting a GC player and on the final drive when the reciever got up pushing the player that tackled him on that play. Please help me understand.

You are quite the judgemental one aren't you.

The last comment I will make is DL's arrogant predictions didn't come true. DL did not dominate the game at all. The score was not 20 points apart, the 2nd and 3rd string of DL sat on the bench all night, the vistor's stands were the worst I have ever sat in (still have a crick in my neck). We should have sat on DL's side because it was not full. According to one blogger, DL was on fall break and many were out of town. (sniff, sniff) We were on fall break as well, but we supported our team.

The final comments I will make on the thread is this 31-28 Lipscomb over Giles.

I don't have anything in this at all, but I do know Glenn McAdams very well. And if you truly know Glenn McAdams you know that he would be ashamed of the way you have represented DL and very happy that was your final comment.

@Ahapplet

You're dissing a program that you have no idea of the inner workings of. Don't make excuses for underachievers. There is NEVER an excuse for not being the best you can be. EVERYONE has the ability to rise above what they are and be better. It's people like you, I think, that cause people to think striving to be better isn't worth it. That mentality is what destroys people. Tell someone they "can't" long enough and they "WON'T!"

Lipscomb does turn around kids with learning disabilites, those that aren't stellar students, the less than wealthy and helps them acheive. You are WOEFULLY mistaken in thinking everyone that goes to lipscomb can afford it! There are plenty of non-athletic financial aid students (students that can't play sports because they recieve financial help, not that they AREN'T athletic) at Lipscomb. You have no IDEA. I find it amusing and pity you your misconceptions at the same time. Truely, its sad that people like you spread such slander and misinformation about a wonderful program, community, and mission such as Lipscomb.

@Fortheboys

This is exactly what's wrong with society these days! Instead of holding these young men accountable for their actions you want to excuse it! I don't CARE if they are football players! poor sportsmanship should never be tolerated or condoned! There is a great, great difference in aggressive play, which there is no problem with, and just poor behavior and poor attitudes. I condemn players on both sides of the ball for this because no matter how you look at it, its WRONG. We should be holding these upstanding men to a higher standard, not telling them its okay to turn into Mr. hyde because you put on a jersey and pads! Sure their poor behavior reflects on their schools, but most importantly it relects on themselves and their fellows! Is this the message we want our young men to learn? I'm sorry but when you rage in real life as an adult you go to jail. WE as parents need to hold our boys to a better standard than this. Instead of writing it off and saying, well that's football, lets positively inforce the fact that we expect better! I expect the player I care about to understand and uphold the ideal that if its not fit for off the field it sure as heck isn't fit for it! I suppose its hard to hold these young men to a higher standard when the adults around them are sometimes worse than even they are.

That's just my two cents worth.

@Ahapplet

You're dissing a program that you have no idea of the inner workings of. Don't make excuses for underachievers. There is NEVER an excuse for not being the best you can be. EVERYONE has the ability to rise above what they are and be better. It's people like you, I think, that cause people to think striving to be better isn't worth it. That mentality is what destroys people. Tell someone they "can't" long enough and they "WON'T!"

Lipscomb does turn around kids with learning disabilites, those that aren't stellar students, the less than wealthy and helps them acheive. You are WOEFULLY mistaken in thinking everyone that goes to lipscomb can afford it! There are plenty of non-athletic financial aid students (students that can't play sports because they recieve financial help, not that they AREN'T athletic) at Lipscomb. You have no IDEA. I find it amusing and pity you your misconceptions at the same time. Truely, its sad that people like you spread such slander and misinformation about a wonderful program, community, and mission such as Lipscomb.

@Fortheboys

This is exactly what's wrong with society these days! Instead of holding these young men accountable for their actions you want to excuse it! I don't CARE if they are football players! poor sportsmanship should never be tolerated or condoned! There is a great, great difference in aggressive play, which there is no problem with, and just poor behavior and poor attitudes. I condemn players on both sides of the ball for this because no matter how you look at it, its WRONG. We should be holding these upstanding men to a higher standard, not telling them its okay to turn into Mr. hyde because you put on a jersey and pads! Sure their poor behavior reflects on their schools, but most importantly it relects on themselves and their fellows! Is this the message we want our young men to learn? I'm sorry but when you rage in real life as an adult you go to jail. WE as parents need to hold our boys to a better standard than this. Instead of writing it off and saying, well that's football, lets positively inforce the fact that we expect better! I expect the player I care about to understand and uphold the ideal that if its not fit for off the field it sure as heck isn't fit for it! I suppose its hard to hold these young men to a higher standard when the adults around them are sometimes worse than even they are.

That's just my two cents worth.

your 2 cents was worth about a cent and a half