Henry County fans with class

therealgame

I am embarrassed to read on other threads that HC fans were rude to Brighton visitors. I love this little town that I live in. Let's keep this thread open for those of us who love HC and the football team that represents us. I apologize to anyone who has come to our community and not been treated with respect. Ninety-nine percent of us are class acts; I am sorry you met up with the other one percent. I am also proud of the growth that our team has experienced since Gaddis has been here. I hope we can make it all the way. We have terrific students, players, coaches, and, for the most part, fans. Go Big Red!

I am embarrassed to read on other threads that HC fans were rude to Brighton visitors. I love this little town that I live in. Let's keep this thread open for those of us who love HC and the football team that represents us. I apologize to anyone who has come to our community and not been treated with respect. Ninety-nine percent of us are class acts; I am sorry you met up with the other one percent. I am also proud of the growth that our team has experienced since Gaddis has been here. I hope we can make it all the way. We have terrific students, players, coaches, and, for the most part, fans. Go Big Red!

I must agree. I have been attending HCHS games over 35 years and have never heard of any opposing fans being mistreated. It is so good to see that hard work does pay off. Keep up the good work coaches and players and I will follow you to the Boro. GO BIG RED !!!!

Don't apologize because some sour grapes, poor loser, is whining about being mistreated. Just tell them to grow up. If someone did say something to a visiting fan that he/she didn't like, then they need to just absorb it, and stop whining about it! The best thing for you to do is just come in here and beat Henry County. That's the best way to shut up a rude fan. The ONLY thing worse than a rude fan is a WHINER!

Don't apologize because some sour grapes, poor loser, is whining about being mistreated. Just tell them to grow up. If someone did say something to a visiting fan that he/she didn't like, then they need to just absorb it, and stop whining about it! The best thing for you to do is just come in here and beat Henry County. That's the best way to shut up a rude fan. The ONLY thing worse than a rude fan is a WHINER!

No kidding. The first time I went to Melrose I thought some of the fans were real jerks, and guess what , they were. But I also noticed that for the most part, 95% probably, were just good ole, proud fans who showed hospitality to us. I didnt get on a message board and proclaim that I was abused and mistreated and ALL Melrose fans were jerks. You take the good with the bad, and EVERYWHERE has both. No apologies here either. You know I used to post here and there on CoachT, then this message board just became no fun, so I have just sat back and read lately. Everyone getting all bent out of shape over any and everything that is said. It's a massage board people, grow up. On a message board, there is no difference in a 12 year old and a coach of 30 years, you know why? Because for all anybody knows, it's just a 12 year old saying he was a coach for 30 years. This is not a stab at Red Warrior, just an example. I cant understand after reading HC threads this year, what makes someone think that their OPINION is so far superior to someone elses, that they get into this BS mudslinging contest, about who knows the least about football or who has no class. Good God people, the team deserves better than what some of you bring to this board. Rant over now. I am sure some of you will get all worked up over this as well, so be it.

Therealgame has the right attitude and has been very classy concerning this issue.

And this is true for all the HC fans I encountered at the game - most of all the HC football program.

Not trying to tear down anyone's Utopia here - I had just stated some facts.

A much better football team won that night.

And some of their fans acted like they are from south Memphis.

Sure they were isolated insidences, that I am very happy didn't escalate to something worse.

RedWarrior - 3nout, those kids will always remember what a grown man yelled at them and their mother in Paris, TN.

As far as what was said to some of the Brighton coaches - one of them is a full grown man !!!! (there is humor here - forgive me)

I'm not trying to sling anything here and I'm not ignorant enough to think this couldn't happen at Brighton either, but then again I never insinuated Brighton was the best thing since sliced bread. This has nothing to do with the game, but sure is showing your character RedWarrior - 3nout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

personally i think people can act as stupid as the darn well please. if that's how you want to conduct yourself, go right ahead. otherwise, you look at them, and you move on.

football's a competition, especially from a fan's perspective in order to gain bragging rights. trash-talk is just a part of it, but so is sportsmanship. these two things aren't mutually exclusive, so you should always expect both; for better or worse.

personally i think people can act as stupid as the darn well please. if that's how you want to conduct yourself, go right ahead. you look at them, and you move on.

football's a competition, especially from a fan's perspective in order to gain bragging rights. trash-talk is just a part of it, but so is sportsmanship. these two things aren't mutually exclusive, so you should always expect both; for better or worse.

I agree with this and that is what these boards are about. To Razz and and learn about our Tennessee sports teams. I really would not worry about what others think about your fan base. I find Henry Co. a very hospitable place to come watch a football game.

I think all the fans should just kick back and watch it unfold. As long as the players keep doing what their doing and they will. This should be a season for you to remember for sometime.

You know your going to have folks come on here and try to rattle you hey I've done plenty in our region. That's what makes coacht site so much fun.

I never said that good sportsmanship was a bad thing. I just coached long enough to know that these things happen, and that's part of it. If you don't want a few fans running their mouths at you, then your team needs to beat us. That stops it every time! But getting on this board and whining about it will get you no where.