First Try at 2A Brackets

JohnJohn

Im new to this but reading this post has cleared up alot of things. I do have some questions and maybe you can answer them. What is the chance of two wild cards coming out of region 8 which would be JCS and GC (if GC wins). and if GC does get in, where would they go?

GC would have to have halls win...

West greene lose(a nd beat them in overall wins by opponents)

CAK win

Waverly lose

Hun win

Or better yet wav and hun both win...(If this happens it opens up one WC)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC would have to have halls win...

West greene lose(a nd beat them in overall wins by opponents)

CAK win

Waverly lose

Hun win

Or better yet wav and hun both win...(If this happens it opens up one WC)

Also West Greene would get GC on the next tie break (more opponents victories and JCS on the head to head tiebreak over GC) almost no way they can make it (may be no way) they cannot jump over Waverly, cumberland gap, CAK (stronger schedule), Sequatchie, West Greene, pretty much on the outside looking in.

Im new to this but reading this post has cleared up alot of things. I do have some questions and maybe you can answer them. What is the chance of two wild cards coming out of region 8 which would be JCS and GC (if GC wins). and if GC does get in, where would they go?

It is likely that there will be a maximum of 3 available wild card slots for 5 win teams. There would be a maximum of 4 if Cumberland Gap wins as predicted, AND North Greene upsets South Greene. There could be no available slots for 5 win teams too.

Assuming Gibson County gets 5 wins and the other 5 win teams come from a likely pool of West Greene, Waverly, Adamsville, and JCS, it is almost non existant possibility of two teams from region 8 getting wild cards. There is a much greater chance of Region 8 getting no wild card slots as opposed to getting two. If there were 4 available slots for 5 win teams, GC could get in if the pool was the above mentioned teams as you would own the first tie breaker over Adamsville.

The first tie breaker used would be wins over teams with records of 500 or better. That breaks down as follows:

Waverly 2

JCS 2 (if Fayette Acadamy beats Middleton, and Gibson County beats Humboldt)

West Greene 1 (would have 2 if Hampton beats Cloudland.....Cloudland should be favored)

Gibson County 1

Adamsville 0

The second tie breaker (teams whos opponants have earned the most wins) does not favor Gibson County.

Gibson County has had a pretty good season. However, it does not look good for the Pioneers to make the dance.

It is likely that there will be a maximum of 3 available wild card slots for 5 win teams. There would be a maximum of 4 if Cumberland Gap wins as predicted, AND North Greene upsets South Greene. There could be no available slots for 5 win teams too.

Assuming Gibson County gets 5 wins and the other 5 win teams come from a likely pool of West Greene, Waverly, Adamsville, and JCS, it is almost non existant possibility of two teams from region 8 getting wild cards. There is a much greater chance of Region 8 getting no wild card slots as opposed to getting two. If there were 4 available slots for 5 win teams, GC could get in if the pool was the above mentioned teams as you would own the first tie breaker over Adamsville.

The first tie breaker used would be wins over teams with records of 500 or better. That breaks down as follows:

Waverly 2

JCS 2 (if Fayette Acadamy beats Middleton, and Gibson County beats Humboldt)

West Greene 1 (would have 2 if Hampton beats Cloudland.....Cloudland should be favored)

Gibson County 1

Adamsville 0

The second tie breaker (teams whos opponants have earned the most wins) does not favor Gibson County.

Gibson County has had a pretty good season. However, it does not look good for the Pioneers to make the dance.

Ok thank you for answering my questions. Yes GC has had a better year than normal, but hearts are heavy considering that they lost to Peabody and Westview which should of been wins, which would of equled automatic playoff birth. But thats the past. One last question and im done. What if Halls was to beat TCA for some odd reason. That would give GC 2 wins over a team with a winning record. Right?

Ok thank you for answering my questions. Yes GC has had a better year than normal, but hearts are heavy considering that they lost to Peabody and Westview which should of been wins, which would of equled automatic playoff birth. But thats the past. One last question and im done. What if Halls was to beat TCA for some odd reason. That would give GC 2 wins over a team with a winning record. Right?

That would be correct. And, that would greatly enhance the playoff chances for Gibson County as well. I just don't see it happening though to be perfectly honest.

Good luck to Gibson County on Friday.

That would be correct. And, that would greatly enhance the playoff chances for Gibson County as well. I just don't see it happening though to be perfectly honest.

Good luck to Gibson County on Friday.

Ok thanks again. Yea i see it as o long shot too but im trying to look at every aspect and all what ifs. Thanks again

Also, if Adamsville beats Huntingdon, Huntingdon is out and Waverly is in top 3 for sure in their region. If Waverly beats Camden, Waverly would be first, Camden second, Stewart County third. If Waverly loses, Camden first, SC second, Waverly third.

I think even if Camden beats yall, yall would be second with the head to head tiebreaker over us...we would both be at 4-2 in the region...I believe

I think even if Camden beats yall, yall would be second with the head to head tiebreaker over us...we would both be at 4-2 in the region...I believe

No.... Waverly SC and Hun. would have a three way tie all at 4-2.. SC would get 2nd because of overall record...Then hun. would draw third because of the h2h against waverly...And waverly would be the wildcard

If Gibson County wins does that mean JCS gets a wildcard?(assuming jcs beats dresden)

No, it does not. However, it does go a long way towards solidifying their position with tie breakers.

If Gibson County beats Humboldt and Fayette Acadamy beats Middleton, that would give JCS two wins over teams 500 or better. If two or more wild card spots are available, the position of JCS as a wild card would be very strong.