Unaka @ Cloudland

Bluengoldblood

Being held "accountable" is a tough pill to swallow these days, for kids and parents. I personally don't know why the numbers are doing what their doing, BUT, maby just maby they(coaches) are getting rid of the "dead wood" so to speek. The kids are(most of the time) a reflection of their parents. PUJO, I know you are not wrong often, but I hope you missed the part about it being to late. I, like you, love high school football and I pull for the Rangers

I hope its not too late for Coach Ensor either, My guess is he wants kids to be accountable, My son came home from school one day ,said the teacher didn't like him. I simply told him to do and act like he was suposed to and the teacher would like him just fine , I've never heard that story again. I bet he expects more out of his own children than any of the lids he coaches. Smart ,dedicated parents don't make excuses for their children, They stand behind the coaches and teachers like they should. I would like to see Unaka get straightened out, but its going to take a unified effort and support from alot of people. The kids are there.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope its not too late for Coach Ensor either, My guess is he wants kids to be accountable, My son came home from school one day ,said the teacher didn't like him. I simply told him to do and act like he was suposed to and the teacher would like him just fine , I've never heard that story again. I bet he expects more out of his own children than any of the lids he coaches. Smart ,dedicated parents don't make excuses for their children, They stand behind the coaches and teachers like they should. I would like to see Unaka get straightened out, but its going to take a unified effort and support from alot of people. The kids are there.

I agree!!!

This is a situation where losing becomes contagious. Some of it falls on the coaches but most of it lies within the kids. They have some good athletes walking the halls but for whatever reason they chose not to play football. They've been great over the years in basketball but now that progam has hit near the bottom. They are good in baseball every year and that won't change with the current players they have now. It takes athletes to play those two sports just like it does football. I believe the coaches work hard but sometimes you've got to mix it up and try some new things. When you only have 20 or whatever number they have, you can't have competition for positions in practices for fear of getting somebody hurt. Kids become complacent knowing they going to start no matter how good or bad they do. Some of Hampton's practices are just as hard hitting as the Friday night games. They're not afraid to try new people in different spots and some position changes have been made due to practice performance.

Unaka will keep it close for a while but Cloudland pulls away in the second half.

Cloudland 27

Unaka 14

the highlanders have been playing good ball since they beat c-d by 40. i dont think this one will be much different.

and then the landers are going to k-ville to see what all the fus is about.

landers are going to screw some cleats into there working boots.

I agree ,I don't see this being much of a contest, Cloudland rolls. Going to Grace is going to be a much tougher task. Cloudlands schedule may come back to haunt them. Not had any comp in quite some time. Not much they can do about that. Grace won't be much more tested, other than the loss to Hampton, they've not been tested in the least. May just even out.

This is a situation where losing becomes contagious. Some of it falls on the coaches but most of it lies within the kids. They have some good athletes walking the halls but for whatever reason they chose not to play football. They've been great over the years in basketball but now that progam has hit near the bottom. They are good in baseball every year and that won't change with the current players they have now. It takes athletes to play those two sports just like it does football. I believe the coaches work hard but sometimes you've got to mix it up and try some new things. When you only have 20 or whatever number they have, you can't have competition for positions in practices for fear of getting somebody hurt. Kids become complacent knowing they going to start no matter how good or bad they do. Some of Hampton's practices are just as hard hitting as the Friday night games. They're not afraid to try new people in different spots and some position changes have been made due to practice performance.

Unaka will keep it close for a while but Cloudland pulls away in the second half.

Cloudland 27

Unaka 14

Maby the kids won't commit. Maby the parents won't let their kids commit. Maby the work load is to tough for their kid to handle. I'm still going with PUJO on this one. Carter Co. needs more parents like PUJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maby the kids won't commit. Maby the parents won't let their kids commit. Maby the work load is to tough for their kid to handle. I'm still going with PUJO on this one. Carter Co. needs more parents like PUJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as much as i hate to say this.... and as much as i would like to see the creek win a game is season.... im going to say

Cloudland 36

Unaka 6

I'm not tooting my horn , I try my level best to be a great parent. I have made plenty of mistakes,but the mistakes I've made had the best of intentions.I looked at Little Jerry's first 9 weeks grades ,the lowest one was a 97. He don't make these grades because he's so much smarter than other kids. I have taught him to give his best effort in everything he does. I don't expect my kids to be perfect,but I expect perfect effort. I don't bail them out when they are in the wrong. As a parent ,you always want to take their side, but we have to be realistic and see things as they are. I also do alot of praying. I make too many mistakes on my own. I' ve been around highschool sports for along time.And if you have good coaching and have a a group of kids who have good parents,you always have good teams. In my opinion ,thats the biggest advantage of the private schools. Most of their kids have very dedicated parents.