Mcminn Central QB Zach Rayl

loyalcharger

This is one thread I wish was shut down because Mr. Rayl is just a Jr and is in the learning mode right now and no one can project where he will be next year at all. But.... here is what I have seen and why I think he will be a D-1 QB somewhere: My understanding is he will concentrate on the position from here on out instead of playing Basketball and baseball. His work ethic and comprehension of the game is very good now that he is learning from a QB coach. Since he arrived he has gone from a "find someone open" QB to a learning how to read where rush is coming from, and how to read coverages and keys in the defensive backfield QB. He throws a great ball to catch, you don't have to have a cannon to be effective, anywhere. Chad Pennington has done quite well for a supposedly weak arm. He has good size and has pocket presense along with pretty good feet when he has to scramble. I for one am looking forward to seeing him continue his development under Coach Derrick. He may not play SEC but he definitely has an upside with his tallent.

You may be right, but I think you're overly optimistic on his abilities to play at that level. I base that on many things, but won't elaboarte in fear I may appear to be negative about him. And I'm not.

Mr. Rayl may just be a Junior but he's an 18 year old Junior, so the advantage is on his side because he will be a year or two older than most Senior QB's next year, which means he will be stronger and more mature. But I don't believe Brandon will go to a passing oriented offense, which would enhance Mr. Rayl.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one thread I wish was shut down because Mr. Rayl is just a Jr and is in the learning mode right now and no one can project where he will be next year at all. But.... here is what I have seen and why I think he will be a D-1 QB somewhere: My understanding is he will concentrate on the position from here on out instead of playing Basketball and baseball. His work ethic and comprehension of the game is very good now that he is learning from a QB coach. Since he arrived he has gone from a "find someone open" QB to a learning how to read where rush is coming from, and how to read coverages and keys in the defensive backfield QB. He throws a great ball to catch, you don't have to have a cannon to be effective, anywhere. Chad Pennington has done quite well for a supposedly weak arm. He has good size and has pocket presense along with pretty good feet when he has to scramble. I for one am looking forward to seeing him continue his development under Coach Derrick. He may not play SEC but he definitely has an upside with his tallent.

He never played for a coach who said "find someone open". He played in a structured offense with Martin. The offense was actually simplified because he struggled with some zone reads. I am sure he will get better on reads with maturity and experience. Taking shots at Martin is not what this thread is about. Martin played a big part in Rayls development so leave him out of it.

Sorry to inform you but recruiters don't care what YOU think of Mr. Neely. I think I'll take their word over yours.

Actually I was the one who said last week ago that Mr. Rayl would probably go as a DB in college, but I doubt it would be at an SEC school unless he gets a lot faster than he is. I'm not saying he doesn't have good speed, because he does, but not SEC type speed.

The only thing Obama will lead us to is more taxes and government control, and the collapse of small businesses. If you don't beleieve in working and earning your way through life, and you look at the government to supply your needs, I can see how you would like him as President.

By the way, the proper spelling is "delusional". /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

WOW! sounds to me like what we have been going throught for the last 8 tears, are you sure name isnt BUSH?

He never played for a coach who said "find someone open". He played in a structured offense with Martin. The offense was actually simplified because he struggled with some zone reads. I am sure he will get better on reads with maturity and experience. Taking shots at Martin is not what this thread is about. Martin played a big part in Rayls development so leave him out of it.

TigerPride, I had heard the exact same thing about Mr. Rayl that you mentioned, but every time I say anything that doesn't praise the Chargers and the players as the best team in the world, many of these people over here get irate. I wasn't that excited about him coming here for several reasons, but I won't mention them - no need to. I never thought Coach Martin was a great coach, but he was a good coach who had a solid offense. And for people to say that Mr. Rayl knew nothing when he came here, I know their babbling nonsense. I'm sure that many things at Central are different than they were at Meigs, offensively, which is why Mr. Rayl had to learn a lot when he got here. But it wasn't because Meigs drew up plays in the sand.

I am not big on threads started under a players name, but I think Mr. Rayl is a good athlete and should be very successful regardless of what position he plays. I doubt however that he is division 1 material at quarterback. I wish this young man lots of success and hope he does well. He put himself in a bad position for criticism and bashing when he switched schools before his Junior season. One thing that I think anyone looks at is commitment to your program, and apparently it was not there. If he switched schools because he just wasnt happy thats one thing, if he switched schools just to try and make himself look better then thats another.

There are lots of kids who never get the opportunity to play for their chosen school much less 2 differnt ones, so I hope he achieves what he set out to do.

You know in an article a few weeks ago their was a discussion about Reggie White, who played at Howard for 4 years and during those 4 years they won 5 ballgames and look where he ended up. If you have tallent and potential they will find you, regardless of where you play. With that being said, I think they do look at commitment.

anybody can put up good numbers against the schmuck teams that Mcminn Central play. grant it they are a talented team, but lets see how they do when they face a real team.

THERE YOU GO USING THAT WORD "SCHMUCK" AGAIN. LET'S NOT FORGET HOW CLOSE THEY CAME TO LOSING AGAINST SOME OF THESE "SCHMUCK" TEAMS. THE TEAMS YOU "DISREGUARD" ARE THE ONES WHO CAN "BEAT YOU ON ANY GIVEN DAY". FOR EXAMPLE THE EAST RIDGE GAME. THEY PLAYED AN AWSOME GAME WITH A GREAT GAME PLAN. THEY WANTED THAT WIN. CENTRAL DID NOT BEAT EVERYONE--- 55-0!

AMEN!