2A AP Poll

I would like to see Alcoa take on the eventual winner of the playoff matchup between Milan-Lewis Co. I don't think either of them have a shot BUT it is my opinion that I want to see someone other than Goodpasture play Alcoa in the title game.

That 2004 game between Alcoa & Huntingdon was the GREATEST GAME in which I have ever had a chance to see on a stage as big as the Blue Cross Bowl. High Drama & Action Filled /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would love for the Tornadoes to have a close game (other than Maryville), playoffs or not...I have heard Coach Rankin say on many occasions,"The only way to get better is to play those better teams."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Chris Shiverdecker listed as being from Jefferson City "

I wouldn't take too much stock in what the media guides have listed. I realize college is different from the pros, but I know of someone who graduated from West Point, went pro, and has West Point, NY listed as his hometown, when in reality he is from the Bristol area.

did you have to bring up the "open zone"? thats just an excuse for people. THink of any talented alcoa football player from any year , and more than likely they came from the Hall community , its just been blessed and put out athletes for years. None you will think of have lived outside Alcoa city limits. Were good cause of determination and a great coaching staff. not cause we "recruit" or just let " anyone attend in that area if they like".

What about Brian Sommers. Didn't he play a great part in 05 & 06. Where is he really from? (PS-Knoxville)

Why is it every time that "Open Zone" is brought up the Alcoa people get so defensive? They act as though they are guilty of something. Now, I'm sure the first response to this will be because they get accused of it all the time. Alcoa have you ever heard the old saying "Let the dog lay" Please let it go don't look so guilty. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

acoa, great team, great program....BUT

fulton, mccallie, south pitt, howard, brainerd are tyners non-regongames THIS year. brainerd is down and fulton is not quite as good as they have been. but all 5 of these teams were pushing the top ten in their diviions when scheduled. Alcoa has two tough non-region games, whte house and maryville. but why would such a program play 1-7 BT Washingtn and 1-6 Spring Hill?

Why is it every time that "Open Zone" is brought up the Alcoa people get so defensive? They act as though they are guilty of something. Now, I'm sure the first response to this will be because they get accused of it all the time. Alcoa have you ever heard the old saying "Let the dog lay" Please let it go don't look so guilty. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

You are absolutely right, many Alcoa fans become entirely too defensive when the term "open zone" is brought up. There is nothing wrong with the fact that Alcoa allows players from other districts into their own. They have a system in place where students can choose to pay $400 annual tuition and be part of supperior academic institution as compared to most other local school districts (not to mention the fact that if they choose, they can play for one of the states best football programs). This system is in place at Alcoa Primarily for academics reasons and also to increase revenue. The state allots funding by number of students and if you can charge approximately 1/3 to 1/4 of your students in addition to receiving state funding for that student why would you choose to do anything different. The athletic aspect of Alcoa taking tuition students has only recently become a factor in acceptance, and yes this factor is considered when students are applying for tuition along with academic standing.

To present all of Alcoa's great players coming from one community is an injustice to the Alcoa program that does attract outside players and should be respected and revered for that, so Alcoa fans, look at theese names Joei Feigler, Kyrus Lanxter, Brian Sommers, Jaron and Jalik Toney, Jeff Hickman, Austin Talent, Logan Sharpe, Tyler Robinson, they have added are adding or will in the future add a great deal prominance and recognition to the program. Why Alcoa fans, do you continue to down play this part of the program it is an integral part and should be upheld as such. Be proud alcoa fans that your school does all it can to advance athletics and academics beyond the status quo that these schools for the layperson accept as the "right" way a school district should opperate.

You are absolutely right, many Alcoa fans become entirely too defensive when the term "open zone" is brought up. There is nothing wrong with the fact that Alcoa allows players from other districts into their own. They have a system in place where students can choose to pay $400 annual tuition and be part of supperior academic institution as compared to most other local school districts (not to mention the fact that if they choose, they can play for one of the states best football programs). This system is in place at Alcoa Primarily for academics reasons and also to increase revenue. The state allots funding by number of students and if you can charge approximately 1/3 to 1/4 of your students in addition to receiving state funding for that student why would you choose to do anything different. The athletic aspect of Alcoa taking tuition students has only recently become a factor in acceptance, and yes this factor is considered when students are applying for tuition along with academic standing.

To present all of Alcoa's great players coming from one community is an injustice to the Alcoa program that does attract outside players and should be respected and revered for that, so Alcoa fans, look at theese names Joei Feigler, Kyrus Lanxter, Brian Sommers, Jaron and Jalik Toney, Jeff Hickman, Austin Talent, Logan Sharpe, Tyler Robinson, they have added are adding or will in the future add a great deal prominance and recognition to the program. Why Alcoa fans, do you continue to down play this part of the program it is an integral part and should be upheld as such. Be proud alcoa fans that your school does all it can to advance athletics and academics beyond the status quo that these schools for the layperson accept as the "right" way a school district should opperate.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> This ought to be fun...........