Greeneville @ MoWest

barb

It is becoming increasingly more difficult to discuss Five Rivers football without criticizing the refs. We were fortunate enough in Greeneville that it hasn't really impacted the outcome of any of our games yet, but given the overall performance of the crews i've seen, its just a matter of time. And our friends around the conference have not been so fortunate... I would just like to see this conference play out without the shadow of controversy.

Now with that being said...we have big football friday night GO DEVILS /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

It hasn't impacted the outcome of any games @ Greeneville because your place is one of the worst places to play. The refs are always homers in Greeneville.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It hasn't impacted the outcome of any games @ Greeneville because your place is one of the worst places to play. The refs are always homers in Greeneville.

In four home games, we have had three officials from Greeneville. The rest are from Johnson City and Kingsport, Church Hill even.

I hope the loud fans that do not care to stand on their feet head to Morristown this week. It would be nice for the Greeneville side to be loud when the boys are on defense. Go Devils!!!

I never said the officiating wasn't bad, just that Greeneville wasn't in a position so dire that officiating impacted the outcome of it. Big leads are the best protection against bad officiating. Just ask our friends from Jeff county, they beat us so bad that the horrible officiating was a non-factor. I hope they are a non-factor Friday and again against MoEast with the conference championship on the line. I would hate for controversy such as the one still brewing over the West/Boone game to tarnish the victory for whoever wins these games...

I never said the officiating wasn't bad, just that Greeneville wasn't in a position so dire that officiating impacted the outcome of it. Big leads are the best protection against bad officiating. Just ask our friends from Jeff county, they beat us so bad that the horrible officiating was a non-factor. I hope they are a non-factor Friday and again against MoEast with the conference championship on the line. I would hate for controversy such as the one still brewing over the West/Boone game to tarnish the victory for whoever wins these games...

I guess you are counting this Friday as a win for Greeneville? I hope your team is looking ahead also.

I guess you are counting this Friday as a win for Greeneville? I hope your team is looking ahead also.

I guess I wasn't as clear as I intended to be. I simply meant, I hope the officiating isn't a factor for either game as both could affect the conference championship....you know we would never look past MoWest...especially @ Burke-Toney.See yall Friday /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

It always seems to be an exciting game when these 2 hook up. Looking forward to Friday night!

This game could go either way. M-W has been slow getting off the

mark and needs to put points on the board early in the game.

If they can do this, and keep the pressure on Greeneville, they may

come out on top.

Greeneville's quarter back is a danger passing or running. He is hard

to defend and will pick up a lot of yardage if you don't contain him

with a good rush. I believe M-W has been pointing to this game and

will get enough points to squeak out a win.

I'm just thrilled to see Greeneville in this position. At the start of the season there were doubters left and right, and some even from within. Several young players have stepped up on the defensive side of the ball, in particular the D-Line, and fought through some tough criticism along with their big ugly counterparts on the offensive side of the ball; who are busy opening holes for Mr.Hall and giving their field general the time needed to find the open man. They are in control of their own destiny, and their morale is up after a big win on homecoming. The Devils have given themselves the opportunity to fulfill the expectations laid before them during the preseason and for that I am very proud. The two week battle with the city of Morristown is always a tough tandom especially when you throw in championship implications. There is not a Greeneville/Mo'West match up that I can ever recall that wasn't a very emotional contest no matter what the score may be. I hope that all three of these teams remain healthy during the next two weeks and throughout the remainder of the season. Because unless something catastrophic happens they (along with another team who can climb to the top of the heap) will be representing the last play off class of the Five Rivers Conference. And we all know that Cap and that bunch keep track of our record against there boys so we need everyone hitting on all cylinders come November,haha (couldn't help it, I hadn't heard him fuss in a while). Speaking of healthy...might we be seeing a number 7 back in the Green and White before the season draws to a close? I mean I know he is little, but I have a feeling his presence won't go unnoticed if this was to happen, LoL.

I'm just thrilled to see Greeneville in this position. At the start of the season there were doubters left and right, and some even from within. Several young players have stepped up on the defensive side of the ball, in particular the D-Line, and fought through some tough criticism along with their big ugly counterparts on the offensive side of the ball; who are busy opening holes for Mr.Hall and giving their field general the time needed to find the open man. They are in control of their own destiny, and their morale is up after a big win on homecoming. The Devils have given themselves the opportunity to fulfill the expectations laid before them during the preseason and for that I am very proud. The two week battle with the city of Morristown is always a tough tandom especially when you throw in championship implications. There is not a Greeneville/Mo'West match up that I can ever recall that wasn't a very emotional contest no matter what the score may be. I hope that all three of these teams remain healthy during the next two weeks and throughout the remainder of the season. Because unless something catastrophic happens they (along with another team who can climb to the top of the heap) will be representing the last play off class of the Five Rivers Conference. And we all know that Cap and that bunch keep track of our record against there boys so we need everyone hitting on all cylinders come November,haha (couldn't help it, I hadn't heard him fuss in a while). Speaking of healthy...might we be seeing a number 7 back in the Green and White before the season draws to a close? I mean I know he is little, but I have a feeling his presence won't go unnoticed if this was to happen, LoL.

I heard he was out for the season, Charlie.

greeneville's defense is finally startin to play like we know they can. west better watch out. the offense is scoring at will and keeping other team's offenses off the field. i like greeneville in this one

greeneville-35

morristown west-21

Are you Joking? Greenville over West?

Greenvilee has 2 threats...thats it.

Greenway and Hall. who else?

Im gonna give it to West on this one, if they come out and produce a good, effective running game, it will open up some great plays in the passing part of their offense...

West has been the underdog for a while now....and they say its because of coach woods....

Well Coach Woods never won the games...the players did...and i think the players are gonna come out with a Win on this one.

West 28

Greenville 14

I heard he was out for the season, Charlie.

Barner broke his foot in the Boone game and Coach Mac was quoted in the paper as saying after the game "we probably lost him for the season". If his situation has changed it would be big for Greeneville heading into the play-offs.