Division II Playoffs

3yardsandacloudofdust

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why EHS' fans will be rooting for Father Ryan tonight... If Ryan wins, then MUS, MBA, and BA will all be on the other side of the bracket, which would give EHS a pretty easy road to the Championship game. Not to mention, whichever team makes it from the other side of the bracket with have already played at least 1 really tough game already in the playoffs.

Ah, but the easy road is usually the most well-traveled, and thus, full of hazardous potholes, especially for the overconfident driver. MUS, MBA and BA all took on out-of-state powerhouses this season and if any of the three make it to the championship game, they can say proudly that they didn't take the "easy road" to get there.

You might be right ehsfootballrules and have your "easy" road to the championship game. But I doubt it. If I remember right it took Ensworth two overtimes to defeat McCallie and I know the Blue will not lay down and roll over for you! It is really difficult to beat a team twice!

Sorry, I think I was unclear. McCallie is certainly one of the teams I don't want to face, but tonight's game won't have any effect on that. EHS is going to play McCallie no matter what, but I was just saying that it would be great to only have to face one of the 3 (MBA, MUS, BA) rather than having to go against 2 of them. No disrespect meant to McCallie.

Sorry, I think I was unclear. McCallie is certainly one of the teams I don't want to face, but tonight's game won't have any effect on that. EHS is going to play McCallie no matter what, but I was just saying that it would be great to only have to face one of the 3 (MBA, MUS, BA) rather than having to go against 2 of them. No disrespect meant to McCallie.

I would agree with that.

If BA loses tonight and EHS beats McCallie next week, EHS would play BGA, ECS or BCS in the 2nd round. I would rather play any of those teams than BA or MBA. Assuming no upsets, they then would have to play MUS in the finals.

On the other hand, if BA wins, EHS would have BA (or possibly MBA) in the 2nd round and then might have to meet MUS in the finals.

I would agree with that.

If BA loses tonight and EHS beats McCallie next week, EHS would play BGA, ECS or BCS in the 2nd round. I would rather play any of those teams than BA or MBA. Assuming no upsets, they then would have to play MUS in the finals.

On the other hand, if BA wins, EHS would have BA (or possibly MBA) in the 2nd round and then might have to meet MUS in the finals.

RYAN 27 BA 23. BA drive stalls on the Ryan 20 late in 4th. What a break for EHS.

5. McCallie @ 1. EHS

4. BA @ 1. MUS

3. BCS/CBHS @ 2. MBA

3. BGA @ 2. ECS/BCS

ROUND 2:

EHS-McCallie winner vs BGA-ECS/BCS winner

BA-MUS winner vs MBA-BCS/CBHS winner

RYAN 27 BA 23. BA drive stalls on the Ryan 20 late in 4th. What a break for EHS.

5. McCallie @ 1. EHS

4. BA @ 1. MUS

3. BCS/CBHS @ 2. MBA

3. BGA @ 2. ECS/BCS

ROUND 2:

EHS-McCallie winner vs BGA-ECS/BCS winner

BA-MUS winner vs MBA-BCS/CBHS winner

Link to the Brackets (updated Live)

http://www.tssaa.org/2008Champions/StateFo...DII/Bracket.htm

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but I can say with a fair amount of confidence that:

1) a school beginning with the letter "M" will make it 12-for-12 in state championship appearances, and

2) Middle Tennessee will make it 11-for-12 in state championship appearances

Playoffs look great. An unscathed (undefeated) champ can make a very legitimate claim for tops in state overall. A one-loss team could make a pretty strong claim as well. DII-AA is stacked.

QUOTE (WTNVol @ Oct 31 2008 - 10:58 PM)

Briarcrest beat Evangelical Christian, so that makes it CBHS @ MBA and BGA @ BCS.

Thanks.

5. McCallie @ 1. EHS

4. BA @ 1. MUS

3. CBHS @ 2. MBA

3. BGA @ 2. BCS

ROUND 2:

EHS-McCallie winner vs BGA-BCS winner

BA-MUS winner vs MBA-CBHS winner

Round 1 Matchups:

McCallie and EHS went to OT earlier in the year. (at McCallie, at EHS this time)

BGA beat Briarcrest 35-21 in Memphis (same site this time). BCS lost to MUS 48-7.

CBHS and MBA have no common opponents. MBA's only loss was to undefeated Ensworth. CBHS lost 3 games by a combined 19 pts including a 21-14 home loss to MUS. CBHS had a bye this week and practiced without knowing if they were even going to be in the playoffs. They appear to have played only 2 of their 9 games on the road. (one home game was at the Liberty Bowl.) They will have to travel next week for what appears to be their first game out of Memphis.

MUS and BA have no common opponents. BA finished 6-4 including a 26-0 loss to nationally-ranked Prattville (AL). Their 3 losses to TN teams were by a combined 11 points. MUS was undefeated including a win over Olive Branch, MS.

Round 1 Matchups:

McCallie and EHS went to OT earlier in the year. (at McCallie, at EHS this time)

BGA beat Briarcrest 35-21 in Memphis (same site this time). BCS lost to MUS 48-7.

CBHS and MBA have no common opponents. MBA's only loss was to undefeated Ensworth. CBHS lost 3 games by a combined 19 pts including a 21-14 home loss to MUS. CBHS had a bye this week and practiced without knowing if they were even going to be in the playoffs. They appear to have played only 2 of their 9 games on the road. (one home game was at the Liberty Bowl.) They will have to travel next week for what appears to be their first game out of Memphis.

MUS and BA have no common opponents. BA finished 6-4 including a 26-0 loss to nationally-ranked Prattville (AL). Their 3 losses to TN teams were by a combined 11 points. MUS was undefeated including a win over Olive Branch, MS.

According to the TSSAA website, BA is the #3 seed in E/M, and BGA is the #4 Seed, because both ended up 4-2 in the region, and BA beat BGA head-to-head. Apparently, their "Playoff Possibilities" were in error.