UPDATE ON INDEPENDENCE/RAVENWOOD

JAYJIZEL

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14-7.

I listened via 104.5's website...Ravenwood scored first on a TD run. Indy hit a 20-yard TD pass to tie it up before RHS added what would be the game winning touchdown in the 2nd quarter on an 11-yard TD pass.

The second half was extremely sloppy. I think there were five turnovers and very little offensive production. Indy got a huge 4th down stop midway through the fourth quarter and completed a 64-yard pass to the Ravenwood 15 but the receiver fumbled before going down (a call which the announcers questioned) and Ravenwood basically ran the clock out from there. IHS had one last chance with 40 seconds to go from its own 20 but ran a screen on first down that only gained 7 yards and the player was tackled in bounds...Indy didn't use its final timeout, ran two more incomplete passes and that was the game.

The wet field obviously caused this game to be a pretty sloppy one...for Indy, they just need to focus on next week and trying to get some pass protection for Heckman. They are eliminated from the playoffs for this year and will need to make some vast improvements if they hope to compete in 09.

14-7.

I listened via 104.5's website...Ravenwood scored first on a TD run. Indy hit a 20-yard TD pass to tie it up before RHS added what would be the game winning touchdown in the 2nd quarter on an 11-yard TD pass.

The second half was extremely sloppy. I think there were five turnovers and very little offensive production. Indy got a huge 4th down stop midway through the fourth quarter and completed a 64-yard pass to the Ravenwood 15 but the receiver fumbled before going down (a call which the announcers questioned) and Ravenwood basically ran the clock out from there. IHS had one last chance with 40 seconds to go from its own 20 but ran a screen on first down that only gained 7 yards and the player was tackled in bounds...Indy didn't use its final timeout, ran two more incomplete passes and that was the game.

The wet field obviously caused this game to be a pretty sloppy one...for Indy, they just need to focus on next week and trying to get some pass protection for Heckman. They are eliminated from the playoffs for this year and will need to make some vast improvements if they hope to compete in 09.

So does this solidify the 4 play-off spots?

Brentwood, Franklin, Centennial, and Ravenwood are in and the rest of the teams have officially been eliminated?

Brentwood, Franklin, Centennial, and Ravenwood are in and the rest of the teams have officially been eliminated?

Pretty much.

But not technically. If Dickson wins out (they'd have to beat Franklin and Ravenwood), they'd get in over Ravenwood. Same scenario goes for Northeast. Basically, any team with more than 3 region losses is out. Those two teams play one another this week, which would eliminate the loser. Northeast is almost certainly eliminated. DC would have to pull off a miracle.

Ravenwood 3-2 (Northeast, Dickson)

Dickson 1-3 (Northeast, Franklin, Ravenwood)

Northeast 1-3 (Dickson, Ravenwood, Brentwood)

Likely you'll get

1. Brentwood

2. Franklin

3. Centennial

4. Ravenwood

Indy could really shake the region order up next week with a shocking upset against Brentwood, but I don't see that happening.

Combined with Columbia's loss tonight, that does indeed clinch the top 4

Brentwood 4-1 7-1

Centennial 4-1 6-2

Franklin 4-1 7-1

Ravenwood 3-2 4-4

Columbia 1-4 3-5

Clarksville Northeast 1-3 3-4

Independence 1-4 3-5

Dickson County 1-3 1-6

So really these last two weeks of the season will just determine seeding.

But not technically. If Dickson wins out (they'd have to beat Franklin and Ravenwood), they'd get in over Ravenwood. Same scenario goes for Northeast. Basically, any team with more than 3 region losses is out. Those two teams play one another this week, which would eliminate the loser. Northeast is almost certainly eliminated. DC would have to pull off a miracle.

You are right but some other stuff can happen and actually might too. Ravenwood isnt out of the woods just yet, they play two more teams Northeast and Dickson County. If both of these teams beat Ravenwood which is still possible and win one more of there three games and is also possible because they play each other this week the tie breaker would go to either northeast and Dickson.

The reason why i am saying this is because Dickson County even though there record doesnt show it is a good young team and in the last two weeks are find there stride beating Indy 44-41 and loosing to a Centennial team 44-41 the week before who just walked all over Ravenwood. Northeast is also kinda of like a smaller coppy cat of Centenial with the running game and only lost to them by three touch downs and were only loosing to Franklin 28-0 at the end of three until they had to force throws and turnovers.

So Ravenwood dont start jumping for joy yet, you still have to win one for game to clinch and trust me its gonna be hard.

Rector gets it done, again! While this game was very sloppy with many turnovers, both ways; Rector did what he had to do to get the win. I think these Raptors will surprise someone come playoff time.

I would have liked to seen things done differently at Indy this year.

please tell me what you would have liked to have seen differetly at INDY besides your son ( sorry ) i mean someone else play QB-

fact is INDy lost alot of players this year that were very excellent players and you can say they are rebuilding , i dont care if they put in tavaress jefferson from Ensworth in as QB or even the kid from Franklin out come would be the same - the offense didnt hurt time it was defense

please tell me what you would have liked to have seen differetly at INDY besides your son ( sorry ) i mean someone else play QB-

fact is INDy lost alot of players this year that were very excellent players and you can say they are rebuilding , i dont care if they put in tavaress jefferson from Ensworth in as QB or even the kid from Franklin out come would be the same - the offense didnt hurt time it was defense

Ok,

Goldendome, you didnt go to the game thursday did you or many games for that matter? I went thursday night, tried to have a true fan perspective, I can honestly say to you, the stats are deceiving! INDY's DEFENSE was very good. They were out on the field way to long. They FORCED all of those turnovers! Ravenwood did not drop them just because it was wet! If I recall corretly Indy did not fumble once. I might be wrong on that. INDY had many chances to put Ravenwood away,4-5 times inside of the 50 or Ravenwood territory, and could not move the ball. The ravenwood RB and Defense was also very good. It was two good football teams in williamson county, and if INDY"S as young ,as we here, with alot of very good upcoming talent , they will be back very soon. Stats don't always tell the story in a football game or Team.

Ok,

Goldendome, you didnt go to the game thursday did you or many games for that matter? I went thursday night, tried to have a true fan perspective, I can honestly say to you, the stats are deceiving! INDY's DEFENSE was very good. They were out on the field way to long. They FORCED all of those turnovers! Ravenwood did not drop them just because it was wet! If I recall corretly Indy did not fumble once. I might be wrong on that. INDY had many chances to put Ravenwood away,4-5 times inside of the 50 or Ravenwood territory, and could not move the ball. The ravenwood RB and Defense was also very good. It was two good football teams in williamson county, and if INDY"S as young ,as we here, with alot of very good upcoming talent , they will be back very soon. Stats don't always tell the story in a football game or Team.

I saw game via net and stats are deceiving but as u say on field too long and fact they surrendered 360 yds is a major part of game ball control keep heckman on sidelines less plays less chance to score. Yes the d bent but didn't break. U said they could have but game away 4-5 times as they were at 50 yd line my gosh I hope team can crooss a 50 yd line 4 to 5 times a game