High School Football Records

TheWarrior

Posted by TheWarrior:

Does anyone know where there are State records? I know the TSSAA has a few posted. In particular, does anyone what the record for Defensive turnovers is in a 10 game season?

Most records are kept by the local papers and schools themselves. Outside of points scored, points allowed, I don't know of any state records kept in Nashville.

Something needs to be done about updating records. Nelson Smotherman(sp?) from Murfreesboro has about as much knowledge about state records as anyone I know. I know for a fact that some of the records on the TSSAA website are not up-to-date. For example, Gerald Riggs of Red Bank should be listed in the top five (maybe higher) in state history in career rushing yards and scoring. I'm not sure who is responsible for updating these records, but I suspect that this is one of those school administrative things that "falls through the cracks" in the face of many other pressing duties.