LEBANON BEATS OAKLAND!

codered

Code Red you need to chill out. Lebanon fans should be gracious when they win, and gracious when they lose. Lebanon played hard tonight, but actually got all of the breaks. Oakland has a very good football team and was unfortunate tonight. With the way Lebanon has had injuries this year it was nice to see the players finally get a break in their favor. The kind remarks from "Oakland Patriot" were greatly appreciated! Congrats to all Wilson County teams and Blackman!!! This really shakes up region 4-5A!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me preface by saying this: Lebanon played their hearts tonight and derserved to win, bottom line. Lebanon did a great job of not only controlling the clock but controlling the tempo as well as Oakland could never get into any short of rhythm on offense. Maynard may not be a qb at the next level, but some college will find use for him as an athlete, he can move around the pocket very well. I think it is safe to say that Coach Brown just owns Oakland, period, and part of me is glad they are moving out of our region. Just a all around congrats to the Blue Devils. I could comment on what went wrong for Oakland, and they were numerous, but that would take away from the job Lebanon did, so kudos to LHS

Now that's class.....Lebanon

Yes, it is sad to see some fans act the way they act.

On behalf of most LHS fans, sorry LOD. I don't know why people have to act the way they do.

Honestly I did not think Lebanon was going to win and after Oakland went down and scored with a little less than 3:00 minutes left, I started walking to the car. I'm glad it's a long way to the car because if it hadn't of been I would have missed a terrific ending.

I have said it more than once on here......Lebanon is our Achilles Heel. I don't know why, but it is so. I have been watching Oakland football since 1988 and I have dreaded it every single time we play the Blue Devils. I hate hate hate playing them and am so glad they will be in another region so they can QUIT being a spoiler for us. Somehow some way they seem to come back in the final ticks to beat us to make it WORSE every time.. They just don't quit no matter how down they are and no matter how good we are. They smash you in the mouth and they believe they are going to get it done no matter how much you have the game in hand. They are NOT intimidated by Oakland. They have beaten us MORE than once when we were the #1 team in the state, so #3 in the state would be no different for them to handle. We have suffered heart-breaking losses ithere with more coaches than Coach Brown.......we have been beaten at the last second by Coaches Medley, Dillard, Moose, and now Brown in that 20 yr time . It isn't just one man that has done it.....it is some kind of Devil voodoo or curse. I have seen us have the superior atheltes sooooooooooooooo many times, yet they take the W. They have our number. They almost took us down in 99 when we lost in the semis with our defending state champs squad.......we won that one 7-3 and they were pounding on the door that night at the end that night too. The only game that I seem to remember that we beat them soundly was our 98 team. Yet, I was STILL not breathing normally til the horn sounded. You can't be relieved til you walk out of the stadium. I have seen us beaten at Oakland's new stadium, at MTSU ( that one was unheard of!), and at Nokes- Lasseter. They have beaten us when we were wearing white, blue, and even red. They have beaten us with a young team and with a senior-laden team. Bottom line......they beat us and you have to give them credit. I would say thank goodness that the Maynards are graduating.....but lo and behold there is ANOTHER Maynard who is a freshman that made his presence known last night. I pray he is the LAST of that family!

The score doesn't really show how soundly they neat us either. They shut down our offensive production and they showed our Defense isn't invincible.

This loss was a wake-up call for us and a GOOD thing. I would MUCH rather see us lose in the regular season and not in the playoffs. Our kids needed to feel the frustration, the anger ,the pain, the tears before we take on Siegel.

Now I could say that oh we were looking ahead to Siegel b/c of Lebanon's record.......but past history with this school tells me OTHERWISE...we just got bedeviled..... AGAIN! Hats off to this injury-stricken Lebanon squad and coaching staff. Good luck to you guys....hope we don't see you again this yr. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

To those who have defended me in this thread, Thank You. I will say in codered's defense he isn't entirely at fault as it was as much mine as his. I let his 'reading ability' comment get to me as Oakland did not deserve it no matter what the score on the field was.

codered, I apologize. I am also sorry to see Lebanon going to another Region as I honestly enjoyed watching y'all play. Any team that comes to our house and play in a hurricane deserves no less. Yes I have harassed y'all about the 'lift' in the past and will probably do it again, but know it is just in fun.

To those who have defended me in this thread, Thank You. I will say in codered's defense he isn't entirely at fault as it was as much mine as his. I let his 'reading ability' comment get to me as Oakland did not deserve it no matter what the score on the field was.

codered, I apologize. I am also sorry to see Lebanon going to another Region as I honestly enjoyed watching y'all play. Any team that comes to our house and play in a hurricane deserves no less. Yes I have harassed y'all about the 'lift' in the past and will probably do it again, but know it is just in fun.

nice LOD

It is going to be very interesting to see how Region 4-5A lines up this season. I did not expect this outcome and it just goes to show you how balanced the region is this year with Riverdale not dominating as it has in the past. I am going to go way out on the limb and say that the state champion will come from this region (whoever ends up one or two).

It is going to be very interesting to see how Region 4-5A lines up this season. I did not expect this outcome and it just goes to show you how balanced the region is this year with Riverdale not dominating as it has in the past. I am going to go way out on the limb and say that the state champion will come from this region (whoever ends up one or two).

Don't know if the champion will come from Region 4, but the playoffs will come thru Region 4. There are some really good teams coming out of the east this year and in Williamson County as well. No one better forget that Gallatin is still in the mix and they HAVE been there before also. There 'may' be a dark horse coming from West Tn also this year. Right now I do not see any team being a clear cut favorite and probably won't until at least the third round of the playoffs this year.

Parity is a 'Witch' this year! I still think some teams are hopeing for treats instead of tricks this Halloween. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />