AE at Fulton

Turtle

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the rain pouring down, it will not only affect AE it will also affect the Falcons. As I stated the other day, whichever teams eliminate the turnovers will win this game. It will be a ground game because the field will be wet so I think AE has the upper hand in that area. I could be wrong but I seriously think AE's running game is better..

Turtle .. it was good to meet you at game .. congrats on the win .. you are correct the running game for AE in 1st Qtr won game .. AE's defense dominated Falcon offense .. aside from some great individual pass completions to Jamichael and Pitchford the Falcons had little room to run ... AE defense is pretty good .. but I agree that the AE offense will need to improve to get past 2nd round ... AE made the biggest play of game on the 4th and 20 pass for the TD .. dont know what the Fulton safety's were doing and they didnt look like they did either ... the Fulton punter froze on the fumbles snap and it was all over ... that was a big play .. it Fulton doesnt make that mistake its down to the wire but they all count ... the offensive line for Futon has underachieved all year .. no where near as good as they were expected to be and it seems that they dont have any fire at all ... during game AE brought the emotion and play .. Fulton just took it like they did against AC, Kingston and KC ... AE will have to play better to advance .. as bad as Fulton played they were still in the game in the 4th Qtr ... also what a collision between the big guy from AE #31 and the freshman from Fulton # 16 ... glad both were OK ... good luck against Kingston .. your defensive line will get tested ...

ok ok ok Turtle what can I say! It was just plain ugly last night! The game, the weather...AE dominated! The most exciting thing Fulton did was the hit #16 made (which I understand he has plenty of those)! I will have to disagree with the previous comment on sportsmanship...from beginning to end, the Roadrunners showed their negative behavior like they always do, but I expected that! I've waited all year for somebody to step up as a leader of the team and I've waited to see that true team excitement and emotional play, but I think our guys are just a little young! I just hope it develops! OK now is your chance to prove me wrong...I don't for a minute that AE is STATE CHAMP quality especially on offense (not consistent) however defense is pretty tight! I'll give you maybe to round 3! We'll see! Otherwise the Falcons will take care of you in B-ball season!

GO FALCONS!

CAN YOU JUST IMAGINE WHAT KWALKER IS SAYING! I CAN ALMOST HEAR HER!

ok ok ok Turtle what can I say! It was just plain ugly last night! The game, the weather...AE dominated! The most exciting thing Fulton did was the hit #16 made (which I understand he has plenty of those)! I will have to disagree with the previous comment on sportsmanship...from beginning to end, the Roadrunners showed their negative behavior like they always do, but I expected that! I've waited all year for somebody to step up as a leader of the team and I've waited to see that true team excitement and emotional play, but I think our guys are just a little young! I just hope it develops! OK now is your chance to prove me wrong...I don't for a minute that AE is STATE CHAMP quality especially on offense (not consistent) however defense is pretty tight! I'll give you maybe to round 3! We'll see! Otherwise the Falcons will take care of you in B-ball season!

GO FALCONS!

did 16 make the hit or receive it i believe you have it the wrong way just watch the replay and 16 reaction out on his feet

I thought that Austin East showed tremendous sportsmanship. Both teams were emotional and trashed talked on both sides. However, what concerned me was the comments that were yelled at the young men on the Fulton team as they made their way back to the field after half-time. I found it to be quite disturbing that grown men would yell at kids like some of your fans were doing. These kids are not playing for money, and most of them will not go to college playing football. For the most part, at this level, they are playing for the fun of the game. I was returning from the consession stand, and some of the things I heard were awful. I would encourage those that feel the need to talk bad to these children look for ways to encourage them.

BEEP BEEP GO ROADRUNNERS!

GO FALCONS!

The fact that you called this kid "Yung Monkey boy" says alot about you. Not sure what your race is, and to be honest with you I really don't care, but you should be ashamed of yourself. If that was suppose to be funny, I did not find the humor in it. I was waiting to see if someone else would comment on your post; since it didn't happen I thought that I would. i feel that if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Sure, he was not completely appropriate in his post, but as adults we should set the standard. There is a difference between tash talking and crossing the line. You crossed the line! Oh, and by the way Coach Graham is not spelled Gramm.

Turtle, Turtle, Turtle....2008 Champs all ready? Dang... I thought West high graduates stayed away from that home brewed magnolia juice! Claiming they will become AAA champions and now you spend the rest of the week defending AE & promising they'll be in the playoffs... if they can win their last two games!! Sense you seem to be intoxicated with over-inflated dreams, you might want to start rubbing Genie-filled lamps and and eating Lucky Charms. I'd loan you a curse granting gypsy... but she was obviously a fraud.

Now I'm not going to Bash the AE Team because they do have great talent. AE is as loaded with talent as you are annoying when you type. But come playoff time, that doesn't mean a whole lot when your offense is as inconsistent on the field as a 3 year old trying to pee in the big boy potty. Much like alittle boy, sometimes you've got good aim and sometimes you pee all over the floor. You handled AC, Blew out the Stoners, but had weak games against Carter, Livingston, and should have lost to Scott County! But if you say your team is coming together... we'll just agree to disagree! Now assuming you're right and AE is the team you think they are... here's what I'll do If AE becomes the 2008 State champs /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . I'll start by meeting you on the 50 yard-line and do the bump & grind with the AE drum major, then I'll dress up like Barney Fife and march in the Scott County Christmas parade, and last but not least... I'll ask Ruse? to the prom. (sorry Ruse?)

The bad news.... I realize we will be the Underdog that will need to play error free in order to come out with a win. The good news... Fulton doesn't charge for parking! We welcome our guests... we choose not to nickel & dime you to park in a cage.

I've also heard Vegas is running a spread on whether AE will show class and run onto the field while their fans cheer them on or... once again be classless and begin stomping on the Falcon after they run through our band. I'm not a betting man, but the Vegas odds are currently 2 to 1 that you show your true tail feathers and cause another chest thumping scene on the field. Does Gramm condone that lack of respect or does he just turn his head and look the other way? My bad... or is that just an AE tradition?

As for you Yung Monkey boy... You misspelled Fulton in your score prediction. You might want to spend a little more time eating your veggie to enhancing your intellect and drink a 16 oz can of maturity. Like Turtle, IrishBball, and a handful of others, we use smack talk as a way to liven up the board and vocalize a little school spirit. You've got a lot to learn... and yes, it looks like I will be going through you since I'm usually all over Turtle.

Hey Irish.... Wounds are licked and ready to play ball!

Beep Shmeep....Go Falcons!

AE really outplayed Fulton and showed great sportsmanship, and i feel that AE has the best defense in their region, also how about that number 31 and 42 on the defense both are tremendous athletes. good luck against kingston

Good win for AE...they played well and played within their strengths; controlling the clock, keep mistakes and turnovers down and relying on their defense.

Now, to say they showed great sportsmanship is a JOKE. In typical AE fashion...the Roadrunners tried to instigate and initiate a fight by standing in front of the gate entry to the field and blocking the Fulton football team from entering. Some of the AE players were saying "let??™s go" and were ready to go onto the field, but the AE assistant coach refused to let them move an inch.

No doubt about it??¦this was a blatant attempt to disrespect the Fulton team. I even heard, from where I was on the track, the AE cheerleaders saying in confusion ???what are they doing/waiting for???? and then laughing and carrying on after seeing what was unfolding. Then after about 30 seconds was left on the pregame clock, the AE coach allowed the team to inch toward the goal post and then stalled there until the pregame clock ran down. AE had no sign they were running through, just 8 cheerleaders standing in the endzone. Fulton on the other hand was waiting to run through their sign at midfield...it was pure nonsense and nonsportsmanship on AE??™s part.

Good game by the Roadrunners, but like I said TYPICAL actions...they have always shown to have little to no class.

And as for Photoman calling the ignorant poster "Yung Monkey"...this was in no way intended to be racial, just merely a play on his YungMoney handle.

If you didn??™t know, present day English Usage of Monkey Boy includes the following (if you don??™t believe me, Google it):

-A male showing no evidence of proper upbringing, consideration of others, or the slightest civilized manners.

-A young, loud, boisterous, male prone to excessive alcohol consumption, aggression and immature, obnoxious behaviour. Monkey boys are generally of middle to upper class origin and have a preference for either preppy or jock attire and hairstyles. (i.e. Female college students with any level of sophistication avoid fraternity parties because most frat parties are filled with monkey boys.)

-The current occupant of the White House. You hear this reference a lot in the media these days (i.e. George W. Bush thinks, acts, and looks like a monkey. Therefore he is a monkey boy.)

I think this would be appropriate usage considering YungMoney??™s Fulton ???Faggits??? comment.

I thought that Austin East showed tremendous sportsmanship. Both teams were emotional and trashed talked on both sides. However, what concerned me was the comments that were yelled at the young men on the Fulton team as they made their way back to the field after half-time. I found it to be quite disturbing that grown men would yell at kids like some of your fans were doing. These kids are not playing for money, and most of them will not go to college playing football. For the most part, at this level, they are playing for the fun of the game. I was returning from the consession stand, and some of the things I heard were awful. I would encourage those that feel the need to talk bad to these children look for ways to encourage them.

knoxfootballspectator

Dont try to turn this around. You won't win with me! I didn't hear what those men were shouting, but I am commenting on what you said... AE did NOT have good sportsmanship...pushing, shoving after plays were over. I don't know what game you were at but it started at the beginning at the goalpost and don't even say it was both teams. It was our home field and AE don't have any right comin in disrespecting like they always do, but like I said I expected it. While I'm at it, I don't appreciate the x-rated style of dancing from the band either. I can get into a little bit of it but the drum line solo on the track was ridiculous. AE fans stood outside our dressing room yelling VERY ugly things to our players as they came inside (not a one of them said anything back)! I'm not gonna continue on here and argue with you...I don't think it's worth it. We can just agree to disagree!

GO FALCONS!!!

I really don't care about what the present day English usage is for "Yung Monkey". To call someone a monkey of any sort is out of line. It is easy to say things like that on a message board. I am not defending anything that YungMoney said, but to call him a monkey is out of line. Very insensitive and as a fellow poster I was offended. That is just how i feel about it.

Good win for AE...they played well and played within their strengths; controlling the clock, keep mistakes and turnovers down and relying on their defense.

Now, to say they showed great sportsmanship is a JOKE. In typical AE fashion...the Roadrunners tried to instigate and initiate a fight by standing in front of the gate entry to the field and blocking the Fulton football team from entering. Some of the AE players were saying "let??™s go" and were ready to go onto the field, but the AE assistant coach refused to let them move an inch.

No doubt about it??¦this was a blatant attempt to disrespect the Fulton team. I even heard, from where I was on the track, the AE cheerleaders saying in confusion ???what are they doing/waiting for???? and then laughing and carrying on after seeing what was unfolding. Then after about 30 seconds was left on the pregame clock, the AE coach allowed the team to inch toward the goal post and then stalled there until the pregame clock ran down. AE had no sign they were running through, just 8 cheerleaders standing in the endzone. Fulton on the other hand was waiting to run through their sign at midfield...it was pure nonsense and nonsportsmanship on AE??™s part.

Good game by the Roadrunners, but like I said TYPICAL actions...they have always shown to have little to no class.

And as for Photoman calling the ignorant poster "Yung Monkey"...this was in no way intended to be racial, just merely a play on his YungMoney handle.

If you didn??™t know, present day English Usage of Monkey Boy includes the following (if you don??™t believe me, Google it):

-A male showing no evidence of proper upbringing, consideration of others, or the slightest civilized manners.

-A young, loud, boisterous, male prone to excessive alcohol consumption, aggression and immature, obnoxious behaviour. Monkey boys are generally of middle to upper class origin and have a preference for either preppy or jock attire and hairstyles. (i.e. Female college students with any level of sophistication avoid fraternity parties because most frat parties are filled with monkey boys.)

-The current occupant of the White House. You hear this reference a lot in the media these days (i.e. George W. Bush thinks, acts, and looks like a monkey. Therefore he is a monkey boy.)

I think this would be appropriate usage considering YungMoney??™s Fulton ???Faggits??? comment.

Not trying to turn anything around! Not trying to win with you. Could care less to do so. I was at the same game that you attended. Both teams were pushing and shoving. Just as you didn't hear the men yelling at your players, I didn't see some of the things that you have discusssed. It doesn't matter whose field the game is played on, the rilvary is still there. There will always be pushing and shoving with these two teams. I won't even comment on "x-rated" style of dancing. That is comedy within itself. I also find it humorous that you feel that I am wanting to argue with you. I have no intentions of doing that, however this is a message board, so I will post my comments based on how i feel. Not looking for your approval, as you could care less about mine. I do agree to disagree

knoxfootballspectator

Dont try to turn this around. You won't win with me! I didn't hear what those men were shouting, but I am commenting on what you said... AE did NOT have good sportsmanship...pushing, shoving after plays were over. I don't know what game you were at but it started at the beginning at the goalpost and don't even say it was both teams. It was our home field and AE don't have any right comin in disrespecting like they always do, but like I said I expected it. While I'm at it, I don't appreciate the x-rated style of dancing from the band either. I can get into a little bit of it but the drum line solo on the track was ridiculous. AE fans stood outside our dressing room yelling VERY ugly things to our players as they came inside (not a one of them said anything back)! I'm not gonna continue on here and argue with you...I don't think it's worth it. We can just agree to disagree!

GO FALCONS!!!

Well Well Well here comes TURTLE!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

All you posters are making some very good points however, I most elaborate on a few.

No I'm not going to get on here and bash Fulton for losing this game nor being kicked out the playoffs.. I mean I'm not going to lie but it is funny. A lot of people saw Fulton not making the playoffs coming in at the beginning of the season. Coatney said himself, "this team was Green" at the beginning of the year. We all knew Fulton was young and it would be hard for them to stay with the teams that are outnumber with jr's and seniors. so that's not much you can argue about that.

Sportsmanship: Well this is a rivalry game and that means that brings out the best in players and fans alike. The only bad sportsmanship or disrespect I saw during this game was when the announcer asked for a moment of silence for prayer and the AE cheerleaders were laughing or joking around. (I must add I'm good friends with the AE cheerleading coach and she handle that when the cheerleaders came off the field so don't say anything else about that) Other then that, all other actions were typical for a rivalry game. I mean, we can go back and forth about who was doing what and in the end it won't change anything nor can we say who was doing the most or least. Both teams were guilty of it.

4mysister-Xrated band????????? Well I must agree with the other person this is kind of funny for you to say but I see where you're coming from. But think back to the Chattanooga Tyner game, I mean, I guess you weren't paying attention to Tyner's drumline because they did the same thing. Basically, all hip hop bands steal their drumline show from each other and I've seen almost all the hip hop bands in TN this year.. All but the bands in West TN.. You can't just single out AE because there are other drumlines around TN that gets down worst then that. I mean, I was at the Chattanooga Tyner vs Chattanooga Howard game. One of the schools band directors got krump and did his little step. I mean, you have to remember its just an act. Its all for fun and not to get anyone upset over it...futhermore, I can see where you're coming from because you only see AE's band yearly and that's the only band you can say that about really.

The Hit: WHOA NELLIE, that Freshman- FRED ELDER- collided with senior- DJ ROBERTS. Who won that battle? Well its like this; The Fulton player bounced up and the AE player stayed on the ground for the little minute and then was helped off the field. So with that said many of the people who saw it will say the Fulton player knocked the AE player on his butt and you can't argue about. But to take up for the AE player, after he shook off the hit, he came back in and started manhandling the Fulton players.. In other words he was mad. He was in on almost every tackle after that. But I give it to Mr. Elder, that's going to be something he can tell his kids/grandkids when he gets older. Now I feel for Mr. Roberts because a lot of his friends are going to be roasting him at School tomorrow. I mean, they were texting and calling everyone after it happen..

Other then that There's not much you can say about the game. The rain did have an effect on both teams like I said. The DL/OL's of AE dominated like I said! So whatelse can you say? I'm a goodsport, I celebrated a little the next day but I moved on and started thinking about Kingston.. I'm pretty sure that's what most of the AE peeps did as well. Yeah, AE does have braggin rights until next October but they're not thinking about the Fulton game anymore. Hold up, we must think if this game is going to be played considering the fact Fulton is moving up...Uh oh, AE might have bragging rights for a little longer unless the coaches schedule this game next year...

Oh by the way, It was nice meeting you too Tadvols... Its good to put a face with a name.!! I'm still looking to meet Photoman.