David Lipscomb vs. Marshall Co.

mustang427

can we try to talk about football on here!!! this is rediculous!! DL has a good football program and they are a private christian school. So What!!! they still play the same game and practice the same way anyone else does. how are you gonna bring up special needs kids in this forum about marshall county and lipscomb!?!?! that don t have anything to do with football. dude if you don t have anything else to complain about, go down to a beauty shop in town (i m sure you ll fit right in) this is about football. i'm from marshall county and i m tired of hearing people complain about how nobody can beat lipscomb and that they need to play private school league. SO WHAT!!! they re still on your region schedule and thats not gonna change anything this year so deal with it.

I'll goto YOUR beauty shop and your Momma can wax me.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can we try to talk about football on here!!! this is rediculous!! DL has a good football program and they are a private christian school. So What!!! they still play the same game and practice the same way anyone else does. how are you gonna bring up special needs kids in this forum about marshall county and lipscomb!?!?! that don t have anything to do with football. dude if you don t have anything else to complain about, go down to a beauty shop in town (i m sure you ll fit right in) this is about football. i'm from marshall county and i m tired of hearing people complain about how nobody can beat lipscomb and that they need to play private school league. SO WHAT!!! they re still on your region schedule and thats not gonna change anything this year so deal with it.

well said

Lipscomb jumped out early on Marshall Co. in the 2nd half. Marshall Co. had 4th and goal on the 1 late in the 3rd and Lipscomb stuffed them. The very next play the Lipscomb rb took it right up the gut for about 90 yards and that pretty much ended the game.

I think Giles and Marshall Co. showed some ways to beat Lipscomb these last 2 weeks. Marshall Co. had a chance going into the 2nd half and Lipscomb didn't allow them to convert this chance.

with the exception of a few mustang self destructions, marshall county never had a chance in this one. yes it was tied at half time but that was due to officiating and lipscomb self destructing after moving the ball down the field. the tigers never showed any ways of beating lipscomb. marshall county is a great football team and will likely face the mustangs again in the playoffs but this one was more of a beating than the score showed.

with the exception of a few mustang self destructions, marshall county never had a chance in this one. yes it was tied at half time but that was due to officiating and lipscomb self destructing after moving the ball down the field. the tigers never showed any ways of beating lipscomb. marshall county is a great football team and will likely face the mustangs again in the playoffs but this one was more of a beating than the score showed.

OFFICIATING???????????????????????????????????????????????/

oh how the worm has turned!!!!

The game wasn't that poorly officiated. The only big calls against Lipscomb were the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, and they all seemed good calls to me. Marshall Co. fought back in the game in the first half. The defense stopped Lipscomb on a 4th and 1 to set up a touchdown. Marshall Co. had a couple of drives where they moved the ball and Lipscomb had no answer. If they or Giles could duplicate what went right in these series, they could get Lipscomb in the playoffs.

I'll goto YOUR beauty shop and your Momma can wax me.

thats somethin along the lines of what i was expecting from you. i m gonna be the bigger person and let that slide because i realize the kinda person i m dealing with. you and several other giles fans have been complainin bout lipscomb playin in our region for 2 weeks now. GROW UP!!

Those that have a drive for their kids to go to school in a warm loving environment make sure it happens (by paying for it or financial aid). You know nothing about Lipscomb or its environment, please stop posting drivel about the school and its mission. It's sad that you feel the need to spread slander about a great program and even more wonderful people. When public schools decide that God has a place amongst their students then they can be christian schools until then a school that has a foundation in the worship of Christ, the following of his teachings to the fundamental level, and the drive to send young men and women out into the world with a solid spiritual faith and self confidence in their own abilities, Lipscomb and other "christian" private schools will continue to be the place where people choose to send their children.

Funny thing about a Christian school You have to have Christ in there somewhere, don't you? that's what it comes down to. No GOD no CHRISTIAN school. IT's not about money dude, it's about Faith.

So you are saying that everyone who attends public schools is not a Christian and has no drive? You are a self-righteous jerk.

I have been reading for a week now about this public private talk, and it is very interesting to me. I am a giles fan and alumni of the late 80's. I think some of my fellow Giles fans have a wrong impression of what exactly is a Christian school. You must have Christ in the school to even be considered as a Christian school, in your daily lessons(ex:science class,prayer,bible study,bible class). This is not to say that there are not Christians in public schools because I know that to be true. We are called by Christ not to be of the world or to be brought down by worldly lust, and if these parents and children of DL have the ability to do that for themselves and their children then that is great! As for the football game hey we got BEAT lets move on and deal with it and hope we can take care of buisness the rest of the way and represent ourselves well in the playoffs.

If you are not in the world you can't be aware of the needs of others. Jesus ministered to the poor and the sinners and he walked among them to do this. How can you call yourself a Christian school, if you turn some children away? Which children did Jesus turn away? Answer this question. Just having Bible study and Chapel does not automatically make you a Christian. You have to walk the walk as well as talk the talk, and segregating yourself from the general public is not the way to do this. I'm glad the argument is interesting to you. Now think about it.

Hey eye if you don't like the postings, don't read it. It is your right as an American not to read it.

The game wasn't that poorly officiated. The only big calls against Lipscomb were the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, and they all seemed good calls to me. Marshall Co. fought back in the game in the first half. The defense stopped Lipscomb on a 4th and 1 to set up a touchdown. Marshall Co. had a couple of drives where they moved the ball and Lipscomb had no answer. If they or Giles could duplicate what went right in these series, they could get Lipscomb in the playoffs.

if you have the chance look back at the film and you will see the marshall county line holding the mustang d-line nearly every play with no call from the officials. i will say though the unsportsman like conduct calls were correct. the tigers showed much more poise than the mustangs even while loosing. that is a good reflection on the tigers in my eye and im sure coach mac will be dealing with his players accordingly

So you are saying that everyone who attends public schools is not a Christian and has no drive? You are a self-righteous jerk.

Once again, spinning what I've said to fit your twisted agenda. =/

Did I ONCE say that there are no Christians in public schools? find it I'll eat a ballcap!

Did I say there is no Religious or Christian foundation in public schools? Yes, anytime a child is discriminated against in the times he can worship on the property with his friends then I would consider that a bit of a hostile spiritual environment. It not about the fact that they're no Christ there. There's no God of any sort. There are no "teachings of (insert your god here)" there is only science, mathematics, and languages. They don't go there.

Do the people that send their kids to Lipscomb have a drive to do it? Yes why else would they be there?

Did I say that people have no drive in public school? No! But I think the 800+ people that send their kids to Lipscomb are driven to do so for a reason (what that reason is I can't say for everyone. I know what ours is). No one pays for anything without a reason. Are you implying that they're too stupid to realize the school costs money and that there is a free alternative? Now who's being a jerk?

Does it cost 8k+ to send kids to Lipscomb? Yes, and I'm saying that its possible to scrimp and save to do it and that SOME of us have to do just that! I know I do. You alluded to the price being to high and excluding people, well it just isn't true. Our family is dirt poor(literally) but we go out of the way and do without to make sure that the child we send there can go there. You have NO idea how hard it is, but we get it done, because its a worthwhile goal. Much to my chagrin and the misinformation of the general populous NOT everyone at Lipscomb is born with a silver spoon in their mouth. If so, someone stole mine and I'd like it back please. Maybe I could sell it to get some extra cash!

I have a friend that's like you. He likes to fight for fighting's sake. =/

until next time you decide to pick apart my post for the "hanging chad,"

-DP

As for the game calling It did seem one sided so I'll have to agree to disagree with you there. Maybe the mustangs had a mental meltdown, but some of those calls were kind of meh... Anyway It was a great football night I thought MC might pull it out going into half time the way the mustangs were having the yellow hankies thrown at them for everything under the sun. Wonder what practice will be like for them after that =/ kinda feel sorry for them for it.

Jeez if MC doesn't have a track team they really do need one, that one kid can RUN. I never thought he'd catch Officer, but he really stepped up to possibly save that score there! I'm sure he's not the only one that can book it too. IF MC doesn't is there a reason why? or does the school just prefer not to have T & F?

if you have the chance look back at the film and you will see the marshall county line holding the mustang d-line nearly every play with no call from the officials. i will say though the unsportsman like conduct calls were correct. the tigers showed much more poise than the mustangs even while loosing. that is a good reflection on the tigers in my eye and im sure coach mac will be dealing with his players accordingly

I guess Lipscomb got a little from Marshall Co. of what they gave Giles and didn't get called for, there were several calls in that game that should have been made and wasn't and a couple that were wrong. But when the Giles fans made mention of it we were told we were making excuses for losing. I guess it's okay to complain about officials if you win but your not suppose to if you lose.