Mcminn Central against Polk Co.

sportsman88

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central basically dominated. It could have been alot worse in dry conditions. It could have been worse tonight if Central hadn't kept shooting their selves in the foot. They were inside Polk's 20 numerous times to commit stupid penalties and get backed out. Polk's O only had on real drive all night.

it was just obvious how much better central was than polk co....even though the score didn't indicate that....think this game finally proved central can win football games by sustaining drives...central can win a game any way they need to....bet polk is VERY happy it rained tonight! thought the rain wouldn't be as big of a factor as it was, but i was wrong....look out howard....undefeated.

it was just obvious how much better central was than polk co....even though the score didn't indicate that....think this game finally proved central can win football games by sustaining drives...central can win a game any way they need to....bet polk is VERY happy it rained tonight! thought the rain wouldn't be as big of a factor as it was, but i was wrong....look out howard....undefeated.

Sorry smokey but the rain wasnt a factor. The factor was the PENALITIES and the fact that Central didnt block number 12 for Polk ALL NIGHT. Yes Central was the better team and they can score from anywhere ,anyhow they want to but the penalities have GOT TO STOP. Central left AT LEAST 2 TDS on the field tonight with penalities.

i think a loss would be good for the chargers. it might bring them back down to earth a little bit.

its too late in the season for the loss to do any good for the chargers it would cost them a region championship. . . o BTW how was the chili supper /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

A Mcminn Central/Polk thread making it to Friday is probably a record for CoachT - only real TOS violation was Del (BAN HIM!) for gross solicitation...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The thing about the vandalism - Central has cameras of everything and you know they had to be watching for this kind of crap.

I believe Central is in the surprise of Derrick's young career, never underestimate a motivated team is what really is a home game for them - already have pizza bet on it lol.

GO POLK!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Has the pizza man arrived yet? Surprise for Coach Derrick? Hardly........Where was that state ranked Polk County defense tonight? No. 30 and No. 12 make that defense. Still Central RAN the football alot! The only team underestimated was the Charger defense. Central had more yards in penalties than the Wildcats had in offense.

12 yards in offense in the first half. (About the same as Oliver Springs, Grundy and Norte Dame)

Great game plan by the Chargers tonight. Polk is Polk and will always do what they do regardless. It was obvious from the beginning of the game that Polk's offense was very limited and showed zero imagination to counter Central's defensive speed. Little or no role in the offense for Jared Allen except to hand it off to the "speedy" Polk running backs.

So much for Polk being tougher and more blue collar than the Chargers. That is put to rest for another year. Yee Haw, have a great trip to Station Camp or White House. We can meet again if the Chargers beat Howard and both of us win a first round play-off game. Good luck against the Irish.

After reading this thread i can't believe the under estimation there is for Polk. I'm a recently converted Polk County man. After watching this team all season, this team is not to be taken lightly. The defense is solid i believe they do lead mcminn in fewest points and total yards allowed. Polk beat east ridge were yall sqeaked by them. I'm not saying were that much better i'm just saying that were not to be taken lightly. Offensively we've been better each week, its been fun to watch Allen, Lee grow that much better each week. Should be a great game im goin Polk 21 McMinn 17

Go Polk!

It only matters how many yards you give up in a game. Central gave up a whole lot less than Polk. I wonder how much fun Allen and Lee had tonight. Great game, not as close as the score. Chargers defense was simply dominating-period.

It only matters how many yards you give up in a game. Central gave up a whole lot less than Polk. I wonder how much fun Allen and Lee had tonight. Great game, not as close as the score. Chargers defense was simply dominating-period.

Was defensive speed a factor? Its not a surprise Polks offense struggled it was a matter of how good was thier defense against a good team. Lets not call kids out by name I'm sure it wasnt all on them.

Was defensive speed a factor? Its not a surprise Polks offense struggled it was a matter of how good was thier defense against a good team. Lets not call kids out by name I'm sure it wasnt all on them.

I think polks offense was out matched in every aspect. They couldn't move the ball on our Defense. I think the better team won tonight. I wish Polk Co. good luck the rest of the way. They are a classy bunch. I just wish they would give our coaching staff the credit they deserve.

I think polks offense was out matched in every aspect. They couldn't move the ball on our Defense. I think the better team won tonight. I wish Polk Co. good luck the rest of the way. They are a classy bunch. I just wish they would give our coaching staff the credit they deserve.

OK well i dont even know where to start the D fence came out and did some work big time and polks D fence i think was still on the bus along with the Offence i dont even know why they even showed up my man #56 and #4 o ya and the player of game #34 locked the D fence up and number #4 #1 and #34 had the running game rolling right down polks throat and the couldnt stop it and the o line was doing work with my main man #58 and #64 on the corners opened up the running game great game blue way to fight hard o ya and cody price im glad to see you are finally getting some play time /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> just for the wrong team i guess you was never meant to wear charger blue /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> and i hope to see everyone at Howard for the REGION CHAMPIONSHIP COME READY TO PLAY BLUE!!!!!!!

McMinn Central's defense held Polk Co. to 71 yards of total offense.......with 43 of those yards coming on one failed drive in the fourth quarter.

The Chargers defense overshadowed an offense that mustered 266 yards of total offense. ???People always want to talk about our offense, but I??™ve said all along that our defense would be tough,??? McMinn Central coach Brandon Derrick said. ???Tonight they played tough and read their keys. The coaching staff did a great job preparing them for the game.???