Mcminn Central against Polk Co.

sportsman88

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Man, i'm really ready for this one. I can't wait until friday. It should be a interesting week on this thread. Lets keep it clean on here guys... Lets here everyone's opinions. Let's pray for both teams safety. Let's beat em BIG BABY BLUE... That was for the Polk fans that keep saying BABY BLUE... LETS HEAR IT .......

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be doing any trash talking on here or really talking. It will be a good game that nobody thinks Polk can win; plus it's a rivalry game. Goodluck to both teams injury wise.

I agree no trash talking necessary... It's a RIVALRY game, enough said let the kids do the talking friday with there pads! Can't wait for this one!!

This game should be as exciting as last years. Some stats from their five common opponents.

Average pts scored, Central 41 - Polk 26

Average allowed, Central 9 - Polk 0

The Meigs game stands out for Central, 55- 0 compared to 18 - 0 for Polk.

The East Ridge game stands out for Polk, 21 -0 compared to a last minute FG win for Central.

Polk hasn't seen an offense like Central's and Central hasn't seen a defense like Polk's.

I think the loss of Jackson hurts a little more than Central fan's would like to admit.

Good Luck and it would be nice to keep this thread civil.....

This is a game that makes friday nights better than saturdays and sundays. Both teams will give it all they've got and walk away with memories that will last a lifetime. By far one of the best, if not the best football games in both teams history, was played out last year. I don't think that anyone thought there would be that many points by either team. As for this year, you cannot compare what each team did to a common opponent. Central has a type of offense designed for big plays, Polk on the other hand has a grind'em out type of offense. It really surprised me that they had some big plays last year in the game against the quickness of Central. The defense at MC has improved has has PC. This is two totally different teams, I just hope we as fans get to experience something as good as last year. Good luck to both teams and may God keep all safe.

I just love a close Friday night game and this one will be! I'm hoping the trash talk will be kept to the minimum as it has so far but it's only Saturday so...we shall see. I hope PC can pull out the win but it will be the best test of the season. Very close game again this year coming down to the last few minutes. GO POLK COUNTY!

Polk County-28

Central-26

all posts have been really good so far.. lots of good points and opinions... i played in that amazing game last year and i will tell you right now even though we lost i will never forget that game!!!!! its so hard to decribe this type of game in words, but i will try.. its one of those where you go out and there is nothing else in the world that matters, the only thing you want to do is beat the team you have waited to play for a year... every hit, every run, every play is played by every player like it is their last.. the coaches prepare a little bit extra for practice and go that extra mile during the walk-throughs on monday and thursday, the film room is dead silent after every practice (except the coaches of course) because the players are trying to get that extra edge on the guys they will go up against on friday night.. to play in that game is not just a privaledge its an honor!!! the fans get the loudest they have been all year.. that "popcorn starts popping and the band starts playing", and all of a sudden all those summer workouts and all those practices are worth it when you break a big run or make that key tackle... the feeling that you get when the crowd is standing up cheering for you and the student section chants your name is nearly impossible to match.. to all the current players out that that might read this go out there and play like its your last down every down no matter what.. for you seniors this is it, the last time you will play each other ( polk v central), make it one you will never forget!!! i wish the best of luck to the wildcats and i hope they can get the win.. and it doesn't matter who beat who by how much.. this is a HUGE rivalry game.. records, past wins/losses, stats, none of that matters anymore, expect the unexpected, play hard and who knows what will happen.. i will be at this game i hope i get to see a good one, GO POLK!!!!!

all posts have been really good so far.. lots of good points and opinions... i played in that amazing game last year and i will tell you right now even though we lost i will never forget that game!!!!! its so hard to decribe this type of game in words, but i will try.. its one of those where you go out and there is nothing else in the world that matters, the only thing you want to do is beat the team you have waited to play for a year... every hit, every run, every play is played by every player like it is their last.. the coaches prepare a little bit extra for practice and go that extra mile during the walk-throughs on monday and thursday, the film room is dead silent after every practice (except the coaches of course) because the players are trying to get that extra edge on the guys they will go up against on friday night.. to play in that game is not just a privaledge its an honor!!! the fans get the loudest they have been all year.. that "popcorn starts popping and the band starts playing", and all of a sudden all those summer workouts and all those practices are worth it when you break a big run or make that key tackle... the feeling that you get when the crowd is standing up cheering for you and the student section chants your name is nearly impossible to match.. to all the current players out that that might read this go out there and play like its your last down every down no matter what.. for you seniors this is it, the last time you will play each other ( polk v central), make it one you will never forget!!! i wish the best of luck to the wildcats and i hope they can get the win.. and it doesn't matter who beat who by how much.. this is a HUGE rivalry game.. records, past wins/losses, stats, none of that matters anymore, expect the unexpected, play hard and who knows what will happen.. i will be at this game i hope i get to see a good one, GO POLK!!!!!

I'm left speechless trevy. That game meant a lot to us last year and we gave it all we had. I agree that was probably one of the best game around here in a while and hope for another game like that friday.

i will be glad to get five six bucks worth going to this game. up until this point central has played a bunch on schmuck teams and i have felt cheated lol. im ready to see what they are made of. im pretty sure they MIGHT be a legit team. but after watching them dance on the sidelines half the fourth quarter and what looked like almost a scuffle at halftime going into the lockerroom(not sure what happened so thats as far as i will go with that.if anyone knows more please do inform) i kind of get the feeling they have the big head. im just ready to see a good football game and i believe you will get one friday night. the match-up between starr and qualls should be the highlight of this game.