Mcminn Central against Polk Co.

sportsman88

I think this will be a good game. Central has been affective in the air so far this year and I expect that will come out throwing the football, plus they always have threats with rushing the football. Polk is better than some may think, so I think they will come out ready to play.

This will be big stage and unfortuantely its at the home of the Chargers, so they will have the advantage there, but I still say this will be a good one.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually agreeing with you. There is nothing in the article referring to lack of class on either side.

I wasn't sure if you agreed or disagreed. I'm glad you agree because the article was pretty descriptive about each team's style, without even hinting about either one having no class.

I know it will be a very intense game between two rivals, as it should be. I just hope the players on both teams are well-coached prior to the game to use their emotions wisely, and not allow their frustrations or exuberance to become the central point.

I think Central is more of a "team" now with the recent departure of two players. And I think Brandon is displaying that he is becoming a better coach now that he's started removing cancers from the team. Coach Davis runs a good program and is respected by his peers.

I think the players may do better than some of the "adults" in this game.

i agree with wreckingcrew here....central is a better TEAM without the two. but that is the past now and this team is focused on this game i can promise you. special teams will make the difference in this one, with central's speed getting out in the open. maybe even a blocked punt by the chargers?!

The key for Polk will be not allowing big plays. Make Central have 10 play drives. Polk needs to continue with ball control offense. Low scoring game favors Polk, high scoring favors Central. Centrals passing game and kicking game will be the difference. Central scores late and wins by 2 touchdowns.

Central definitely has the big play capability, and they are not bad on the ground either, but again I think Polk is pretty darn good too. Polk may not have as much big play opprotunity, but they always keep plugging along. I dont think Central will win by 2 TD, I beleive a late score could win it for either side. Lets just hope for a safe injury free game, played with sportsmanship.

Regardless of what happens in this game friday night, I think both teams have a lot to be proud of this year. Central was a pre-season favorite and have managed to keep it together even though they had some player issues throughout the year. Polk was not suppose to win as many games as they have because of lack of exerience and youth, but have come together and played as a real "Team" all year long. When teams can go through their season, gain some experience, learn the concept of unselfish play and have some fun then the winning that comes with that is just a bonus.

Derrick Davis does a wonderful job with his team, not only with the teaching of the game, but also with the teaching of how to conduct yourself on and off the field. He is very deserving of any success him or his team enjoys.