Mcminn Central against Polk Co.

sportsman88

Soooooooo.... when are your boys transferring to Polk?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It??™s easy to see why Howard is 6-0. The Tigers, always athletic, displayed tremendous discipline against Polk. They don??™t show you the same defense on consecutive plays, they have a tremendous athlete in receiver/cornerback Jahron Reynolds, three capable running backs, balance on the offensive and defensive lines and a quarterback (Michael Bryant) that actually reads defenses and doesn??™t just throw his passes up for grabs with hopes that Reynolds or Chris Deloney will run under it.

Just as easily as I see why Howard is 6-0, I question how Polk could be 5-1. These guys are undersized and there are a only a couple that run better than a 4.8 in the 40-yard dash.

Ward Gosset, Chattanooga Times Free Press

"OH SNAP!!!"

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It??™s easy to see why Howard is 6-0. The Tigers, always athletic, displayed tremendous discipline against Polk. They don??™t show you the same defense on consecutive plays, they have a tremendous athlete in receiver/cornerback Jahron Reynolds, three capable running backs, balance on the offensive and defensive lines and a quarterback (Michael Bryant) that actually reads defenses and doesn??™t just throw his passes up for grabs with hopes that Reynolds or Chris Deloney will run under it.

Just as easily as I see why Howard is 6-0, I question how Polk could be 5-1. These guys are undersized and there are a only a couple that run better than a 4.8 in the 40-yard dash.

Ward Gosset, Chattanooga Times Free Press

"OH SNAP!!!"

Says quite a bit about Coach Davis' skills as a head coach doesn't it?

Makes a fresh batch of award-winning lemonade every year.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

WOW! MAYBE YOU NEED TO TRY AND BE A COACH, SINCE YOU THINK NO ONE AROUND HERE IS GOOD ENOUGH! MAYBE YOU NEED TO STAND BEHIND THESE COACHES THAT SPEND EVERY WAKING HOUR DURING FOOTBALL SEASON WITH THE PLAYERS INSTEAD OF THEIR FAMILIES INSTEAD OF TRASHING THEM. WE MAY NOT ALWAYS MEASURE UP TO REGION 4, BUT THAT DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN IT IS THE COACHES' FAULT. YOU GET ON HERE AND BRAG ON ONE COACH IN ONE BLOG, THEN I'LL GO TO ANOTHER BLOG AND YOU ARE TRASHING THE SAME COACH. MAYBE YOU DON'T KNOW AS MUCH ABOUT FOOTBALL AS YOU THINK! UNTIL YOU'VE WALKED A MILE IN COACHES' SHOES, DON'T BASH!!! THEY ARE A DEDICATED BUNCH THAT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO ARE SITTING THERE IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER INSTEAD OF BEING THERE EVERYDAY FOR THESE PLAYERS!

IF YOUR SUCH A DEDICATED COACH THEN WHY IN THE CRAP ARE YOU SITTING ON COACHT.COM WORRYING ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY? MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO WATCH SOME FILM AND TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO STOP TYLER LEE ON SPECIAL TEAMS, OR MAYBE MIKE HARGROVE ON DEFENSE BECAUSE ZACK RAYL! IF YOU DONT KNOW MIKE HARGROVE, I GUARANTEE YOU THAT COME FRIDAY NIGHT AROUND 730 WHEN BIG 62 KNOCKS YOUR BLONDE HAIR OFF, YOU WILL KNOW HIM THEN!!! But back to coaches, not bashing Coach Davis or any other coach but to all of these coaches that get so upset off at people posting on coacht... maybe you all should be more worried about your teams upcoming game because I do know if I was a coach in high school football. Coacht.com would be the very last thing I would be worried about. Guess that's why I'm just apart of Cougar High (Clev. St). Can't wait to hear what all of you fine people have to say now.

A slower game, of course benifits Polk. Keep in mind, the charger running game is not to bad either. If they are discipline on their "O" line it may be tough for Polk to stop the running game.

A major fallacy is that rain benefits the slower team. Not true!!! A slower game because of rain or high turf makes BOTH teams slower. Meaning the faster team is STILL faster.

I suspect Brandon will test the middle often, then pop a pass over the middle from play-action, or the running back will skirt to the outside while Polk is stuffing the middle. When Brandon spreads the field with his wideouts, a counter could go the distance.

A major fallacy is that rain benefits the slower team. Not true!!! A slower game because of rain or high turf makes BOTH teams slower. Meaning the faster team is STILL faster.

I suspect Brandon will test the middle often, then pop a pass over the middle from play-action, or the running back will skirt to the outside while Polk is stuffing the middle. When Brandon spreads the field with his wideouts, a counter could go the distance.

I stand corrected on the slower vs. faster. My point is that it is harder to catch a wet ball, but I guess it is harder for a team that likes to pound the ball to hold on to it just as well.

I concead to my blue friend WreckingCrew.

But back to coaches, not bashing Coach Davis or any other coach but to all of these coaches that get so upset off at people posting on coacht... maybe you all should be more worried about your teams upcoming game because I do know if I was a coach in high school football. Coacht.com would be the very last thing I would be worried about.

Sigh.

Kk, I'll explain this to the dense one.

Reason coaches do not like propaganda to posted is because they don't want anything to be used to fire up the opposing team for any slight real or imagined.

Makes sense, does it not?

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I stand corrected on the slower vs. faster. My point is that it is harder to catch a wet ball, but I guess it is harder for a team that likes to pound the ball to hold on to it just as well.

I concead to my blue friend WreckingCrew.

I don't profess to know eveything, and have learned most things the hard way!

The key to handling, carrying, throwing, or catching a wet ball is to keep your hands wet. If a player wipes mud off his hands he shouldn't dry them, too. They need to occasionally wet their hands with the water on their helmet, etc.

i predict POLK will shut down the run game. they may have trouble if central gets their passing game, but not for long. davis will have his secondary ready cause im sure he knows thats where central will attack, after central scores on the long pass im sure the defense will realize that threat and shut it down also.

still POLK wins HUGE

POLK - 22

central - 8