Who do think are underrated overrated Coaches ?

bmcgo3

Coach Tim Campbell of Daniel Boone. He does a great job of getting his teams to play extremely hard, especially on the defensive end of the floor. Boone will again be a very talented team and will play ten or more players. I am looking forward to seeing them play this upcoming season.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its shocking to see Two of TN and the Southeastern regions best Girls high school basketball programs be under the overrated category. How can you be overrated when you win on the highest level of competition? I've heard it before as far as the recruiting that goes on in Oak Ridge and Shelbyville but if parents see that their daughters have a chance to be good and can afford to move into those school zones, thats SMART.I'm not gonna say that these coaches dont have a grasp on some of the best kids in those areas but I doubt they recruit. It doesnt take a genius to see a program producing titles and sending their players to the next level, so if you have a chance to go to those schools go for it but dont blame the coaches. Because I've seen programs have great players and still not win. In some cases thats the worse thing to happen is have great players and not develop them the correct way or win.

You still cant take away that those programs are really competitive and classy..They play hard everytime out, they execute and they beat the best to be the best..These teams have the will to win down the stretch and those are things that good coaches instil in thier players so reguardless if they recruit or not the programs are still good and you have to give credit but I doubt recruiting is going on..Seems to me a lot of jealousy if anything.

• 2 months later...
Guest thomas45

Definitly Beth Webb from South Pittsburg and Susan Smith form Richard Hardy Memorial School. Both of these women have multiple state championships and earn no credit.

Coach Hess is very underrated. He had to make the change from guys to girls and had a lot of girls quit on him the first couple of years. He has got some girls that have stuck with it now and he has got some talent. I think he will earn his due in the next couple of years. Oh and about the recruiting someone said that its good for the kids if the parents can afford it. Its not hard to afford it, not if the coaches won't you bad enough!

Janette Carter of Hillsboro High in Nashville has always been given the rap of not being able to coach, but after being close to the program and seeing how she oversees her program from required study halls to requiring act or sat by the soph year in addition to producing players of D-1 caliber consistently I have to say she is underrated and under respected by high school standards.She has even been instrumental in getting players from other schools scholarships both girls and boys. :confused:

• 2 years later...