Rhea Co. @ Cleveland

I am dead serious! Walker dosn't play defense for a reason. If you would have ever seen him play defense you would understand. Even Walker himself has admitted he dosn't play defense. Offense wise he is a great lineman, but defense wise there are other linemen that are better.

Are you sure he said that? He may have just thought it one day, and since you supposedly know what's going on inside the players heads and everything...

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure he said that? He may have just thought it one day, and since you supposedly know what's going on inside the players heads and everything...

LOL! All I got to do is ask them a question and they will tell me what they think. It is that simple, no mind reading like you make it sound. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I could ask him again tomorrow and I would get the same answer.

I've let myself set and dwell on this loss for over a day now, and here's what I think.

To all you guys out there living in dreamland, I hate to break it to you, but AJ doesn't make up 34 points in this game. Now you can sit and make excuse after excuse for the coaches, but the truth is we just got man-handled and outsmarted on both sides of the football. I understand that we wanted to establish the run, but there comes a point where you just have to change your strategy. If you're going to run the ball, get in the I, put your two division one linemen on the same side of the ball, and let the other team try and stop you.

On the defensive side of the ball we were just as poor as we were on offense for most of the game. Would it be so hard to explain to the end to keep his outside free on the jet?

As for White County, you play the game to win it. What happens if we don't play our starters and wind up losing and a miracle happens and WV beats Cleveland. You play to win, all the time.

Look, I hate to be the one to call the baby ugly, but we got whipped, plain and simple. I remember one series in particular where we did put both our D-I linemen on the same side to run behind, and it resulted in no gain. I would have liked to see our passing game open up, but Cam can't throw off his backside. I can't think of any plays where we had any real success, so its not like we had plays that worked but refused to run them. Part of that credit is to Cleveland (and it truly pains me to say that) for having enough sense to play press coverage on our 4th, 5th and 6th string WRs, loading the box and daring us to throw.

As much as I personally don't care for the current leadership, I can't say its their fault that we got whipped and outhit. I can agree with Pride and say we were out of position for that jet sweep, but my disagreement with the 3-5-3 is well-documented, so I'll stop there.

The biggest problem I see here is a lack of depth at RB. We're running a guy hurt and ragged, and the guy's playing his guts out. Blame the injuries all you want, but another back and a couple of wideouts are going to have to shoulder the burden. We had a week to prepare knowing full-well what our injury situation was, so that's not an excuse in my mind.

As for this week, let's get healthy. Just like what Herm Edwards says.... "You play to win the game!"

Look, I hate to be the one to call the baby ugly, but we got whipped, plain and simple. I remember one series in particular where we did put both our D-I linemen on the same side to run behind, and it resulted in no gain. I would have liked to see our passing game open up, but Cam can't throw off his backside. I can't think of any plays where we had any real success, so its not like we had plays that worked but refused to run them. Part of that credit is to Cleveland (and it truly pains me to say that) for having enough sense to play press coverage on our 4th, 5th and 6th string WRs, loading the box and daring us to throw.

As much as I personally don't care for the current leadership, I can't say its their fault that we got whipped and outhit. I can agree with Pride and say we were out of position for that jet sweep, but my disagreement with the 3-5-3 is well-documented, so I'll stop there.

The biggest problem I see here is a lack of depth at RB. We're running a guy hurt and ragged, and the guy's playing his guts out. Blame the injuries all you want, but another back and a couple of wideouts are going to have to shoulder the burden. We had a week to prepare knowing full-well what our injury situation was, so that's not an excuse in my mind.

As for this week, let's get healthy. Just like what Herm Edwards says.... "You play to win the game!"

I believe the thing that bothered me most about this game was just the utter lack of creativity on the offensive side of the ball. I mean if we were running the ball successfully then it's fine with me if we run it up the middle every play, but struggling like we were, how about throwing a trick play out there? Your offensive production can't get much worse. Swafford and I believe Stone also played QB at one point in time, so how about a double pass? Where was the motion toss play to Lovelady when the game was actually in reach? A reverse? Just something to try and jump start that stagnant offense. Sometimes you don't match up well against a team and it's hard to have consistent production offensively. That's when you do your best to play fundamentally sound football and maybe throw in some trick plays. Look at Maryville; I've watched several state championship games where the are overwhelmingly out-matched athletically, but they play sound football, don't have stupid penalties (discipline errors), don't run the draw on 3rd and 20, and throw in a hook-n-ladder and they win the game.

I was excited earlier in the year when Cameron decided he was going to play aggressive, but, as someone said earlier, I think he's scared in these big games.

I believe the thing that bothered me most about this game was just the utter lack of creativity on the offensive side of the ball. I mean if we were running the ball successfully then it's fine with me if we run it up the middle every play, but struggling like we were, how about throwing a trick play out there? Your offensive production can't get much worse. Swafford and I believe Stone also played QB at one point in time, so how about a double pass? Where was the motion toss play to Lovelady when the game was actually in reach? A reverse? Just something to try and jump start that stagnant offense. Sometimes you don't match up well against a team and it's hard to have consistent production offensively. That's when you do your best to play fundamentally sound football and maybe throw in some trick plays. Look at Maryville; I've watched several state championship games where the are overwhelmingly out-matched athletically, but they play sound football, don't have stupid penalties (discipline errors), don't run the draw on 3rd and 20, and throw in a hook-n-ladder and they win the game.

I was excited earlier in the year when Cameron decided he was going to play aggressive, but, as someone said earlier, I think he's scared in these big games.

Amen

Flat out: Cleveland handed our rear ends to us. They deserve a whole lot of credit. Tucker Tipton played like a man among boys. He does it all. And #16, Monte Scotten, also played well.

As for the "OC" : we all know he is a joke. If I remember correctly, I think he was bashed all year last year too. I remember hearing someone call in on Coca Cola Redzone calling for a new OC. Realistically, we know this isn't going to happen since he is the brother-in-law to the principal. Also, we are 7-2, 2nd in the region: personally, I don't see any leadership changes happening any time soon since they are producing records like that. Like someone said about politics earlier, its not the 80s anymore, but I believe Fitz's father is STILL a major contributor to Rhea County Football. Fitz is there as long as he wants to be, as is our OC. The best coaches there are Mitchell, (who is going to retire in the next year or two), Hampton (DBs and QB), and Cook (who, personally, I think should be our OC).

Yeah, that caller also stated that "Cleveland didn't really play that well", so I wouldn't put to much stock in that person's ability to evaluate anything related to football.

I agree. He did say that, BUT, I'm just glad that someone finally said it somewhere besides on this forum! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

are you being serious? he's good enough to be playing against some of the best competition in the country next year, but he cant blow up a QB draw against a high school team? lol.. get your head out of the coaching staffs butt and see the broad daylight like the rest of us..

I'm gonna have to agree on this. A kid who is 6'5 300 pounds in high school football can't contribute on defense? right....