Cyclones vs. South

nomore

South starters 42 at half, South 2nd teamers 21 in 3rd quarter and the scrubs get 7 in the 4th for a grand total of South 70 to Betsy 07. The defensive player that missed the tackle to keep Betsy scorless , will be benched til playoffs. This one will not be close....... a small 3A school thats rebuilding....not a chance

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclones, I hate to say it about 'Ol Blue, but don't forget to shake hands if Carter leaves all the starters in all four quarters, despite the score. Otherwise you will be deemed a poor sport for the rest of your life. I hate to say it about my alma mater, but they wish they were DB. (sorry blue)

I've been thinking about this all weekend and here are my thoughts. With 5 minutes to go in the game, my son wanted to leave but I told him no. I wanted to see what was going to happen after the game. I had a feeling little robbie wouldn't shake hands. I would have had a problem with Carter leaving the starters in for the 4th quarter except for a couple of reasons. 1)It was Senior Night. The seniors make up the nucleus of the team and they earned the right to play the entire game (especially considering they have only been able to play one half in most of the games this year. 2)When I saw North come out before the game pointing over to the South sidelines, I wanted as many points put on them as possible. I'm not going to lie about that. If South did something like that, I would expect the same in return if the other team had the chance. #2 for North only added to the fire with his tantrum. (Side note: Funny how the next two plays were directed straight at him and he got pushed about 20 yards downfield). I thought North was supposed to have the best run defense in the conference. Shouldn't they have been able to just stop South? We threw one long pass and everything else was a run. I guess it was ok for robbie norris when he was on the winning side of those beatdowns at DB but it stings a little when you're the one giving up the points.

I too have thought about it. I guess Cap was right in that pulling starters at the beginning of the 4th is an unwritten rule. One that is not to be crossed under any circumstance for any reason...even the one Stacy deemed over the line. As well, Cap was harping all season long that Carter was taking his starters out too early and should let them play the 3rd quarter. Well we were taking so much flak for "runing up the score" with the reserves that even though the starters were not in it was just not good enough. In addition all the whiners also said we were throwing the ball in the 4th quarter to run the score up. Totally untrue but percieved anyway. Stacy couldn't win for loosing. Of course with no pity from any opposition, a good problem to have some said. The problem is (was) that the starters desparately needed playing time in spite of those whiners who were saying starters should come out when the score is out of hand. Hades, the score was out of hand by end of the first Q in many instances. So what to do? In retrospect I see it Cap's way. Stacy should have played the starters in the 3rd quarter all season long, and as well abided by the 4th Quarter rule. Period. However, after hearing all the whinning even though he was pulling starters by the end of the 2nd Q he finally had all he could stand and said I've got to let my boys play otherwise they won't be ready for the conference title part of the season. And then #2 for North decided to totally disrespect the South captains by turning his back on an outstretched hand requesting good sportsmanship signified by a handshake. A signal of man to man communication. An unwritten code of equality and fairness. And he turned his back on the notion of the character thereof. OK, so he is a 17 year old and unschooled in such forms of character. But the kicker is his coach, mentor, master, teacher person who leads by example did nothing. NOTHING. And then capped the childish notion by walking his team off the field without any show of respect whatsoever to the team that will hopefully represent this area. Yes, it was wrong for Stacy to permit his starters to play in the 4th Q even for the one series that it was...but one man can only endure so much jealousy. And that is all it is...jealousy.

Such an act will never be displayed by a South football player. Nor will it be sanctfied by a South coach.

One of the hardest hitting games played last year was the game with Eizabethton. As terrible a season as they had they still found it in their heart to give us all we wanted. In the end we prevailed but we got busted in the mouth. I see this year no different. They will have the A game waiting for us in 'Betsy this Friday. The Rebels are coming together nicely and will most likely play a complete game...something that hasn't been done yet. With Senior night in the past these Seniors are not willing to give up and play basketball just yet. It's time to make a statement Rebels. 8 down 2 to go! Rebel Nation.

Well, I had hoped when the new thread opened, it would not talk about this "whining, crybaby RunUPtheScore" baloney that plagued the end of the last thread. Come on folks, it's football, and as far as RunningItUP, 48 to nothing is not as bad as many "runups" go---heck, look at some of the Optimist scores (and this is little johnny and little Billy playing) and they have scores that are this bad and often times it was at the hands of some of the same coaches who are now on the receiving side. 48 Points, you think that is running up the score, well heck fire, Souths basketball team has been beat that bad, and basketball only allows 2 pts at a time---give me a break and grow up and put an ice pack on it.

CAn we get back to the Rebels vs Cyclone game now? Thank you. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well, I had hoped when the new thread opened, it would not talk about this "whining, crybaby RunUPtheScore" baloney that plagued the end of the last thread. Come on folks, it's football, and as far as RunningItUP, 48 to nothing is not as bad as many "runups" go---heck, look at some of the Optimist scores (and this is little johnny and little Billy playing) and they have scores that are this bad and often times it was at the hands of some of the same coaches who are now on the receiving side. 48 Points, you think that is running up the score, well heck fire, Souths basketball team has been beat that bad, and basketball only allows 2 pts at a time---give me a break and grow up and put an ice pack on it.

CAn we get back to the Rebels vs Cyclone game now? Thank you. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

South has a great program. No doubt. Cyclones are a young football team needing a win. Any time you put a teams back to the wall anything can happen. Who knows a football never bounces the same way twice. Is South the better team? Yes. Do the Cyclones want it? Yes. That's why we tee it up. Good luck to both. I hope nobody gets anyone hurt. I love to watch high school football.

South has a great program. No doubt. Cyclones are a young football team needing a win. Any time you put a teams back to the wall anything can happen. Who knows a football never bounces the same way twice. Is South the better team? Yes. Do the Cyclones want it? Yes. That's why we tee it up. Good luck to both. I hope nobody gets anyone hurt. I love to watch high school football.

You're correct. I hope the Rebels don't take anything for granted or take Betsy lightly. I"ve seen you play and you have alot of speed---and Speed Kills. I think the Rebels are on a mission. I know most of them have good heads on them---so I think they will be focused------but like you said---that's why we tee it up.

I'll save my prediction to later in the week.

"Such an act will never be displayed by a South football player. Nor will it be sanctfied by a South coach."

ARGH, MATY!!! PLEASE!!! (said with much sarcasim)

There you go, I fixed it for you. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

There you go, I fixed it for you. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I do not know what I would do without you kitty.