Cyclones vs. South

nomore

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K., I here with my prediction.

I have been conservative all year, underestimating our scores, but I just can't help it. PLus I'm really superstitious----1. Don't want to jinx the Rebels with high predictions and 2. don't want to change my approach now (that superstitious thing.

So----Rebels by 28. Maybe something like 42-14.

How many southerners thinks Betsy will score 14 pts on our D?????????

I have been conservative all year, underestimating our scores, but I just can't help it. PLus I'm really superstitious----1. Don't want to jinx the Rebels with high predictions and 2. don't want to change my approach now (that superstitious thing.

I'm going with South 42-21. I think Betsy is upset because we hung 58 points on them last year (at least they didn't cry about it like some people and they shook hands afterwards). Betsy won't give up and they have a QB that can run and pass. should be a fun game to watch. No rain here yet but it's coming.

Yes, Jake McMillin #5 - Bart's 1st cousin. A great running back - so much heart.

Well, my emoticons are back. Thanks to whoever made that happen. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Jake McMillan was so much more than a great running back with heart. He was a leader in the truest sense of the word. As was the whole senior class of '05. They are credited with blazing the path to tradition. Curt took that path and made it a road. It's up to the '08 Seniors to make it a highway because the '09 Seniors have the vehicle to travel it. Congratulations Stacy Carter for you are building a program...like we have never seen.

'Betsy will play the one game they haven't played all year. They did the same last year. Don't discount them. They have the RB's, the WR's and the QB. Maybe everyone should take a look at their O line. We need to play a complete game and I feel we will. They are mistake laden this year and it has been their downfall. They totally underestimated the Vikings. The Rebels won't be reading this so I hope the supper table discussions were taken to heart. We have too much power to squander it by overlooking this potentially dangerous team. On their home field no less.

If you've never been be aware that parking is nonexistant. Kind of like parking at the 'Castle.

'Betsy will play the one game they haven't played all year. They did the same last year. Don't discount them. They have the RB's, the WR's and the QB. Maybe everyone should take a look at their O line. We need to play a complete game and I feel we will. They are mistake laden this year and it has been their downfall. They totally underestimated the Vikings. The Rebels won't be reading this so I hope the supper table discussions were taken to heart. We have too much power to squander it by overlooking this potentially dangerous team. On their home field no less.

If you've never been be aware that parking is nonexistant. Kind of like parking at the 'Castle.

It's not too bad if you get there early at Betsy. As far as the castle, I've always parked at the church near the visitors side. It's the easiest place to get out of there. Can't wait for tonight. Let's do a Switzer and hang half a hundred on them.

Thanks, Comp---I've been there a few times but not with the numbers that we'll likely take tonight.

YOu think the rain will slow down the Rebel faithful?

Thanks, Comp---I've been there a few times but not with the numbers that we'll likely take tonight.

YOu think the rain will slow down the Rebel faithful?

In the Civil War, the confederates had to deal with excruciating weather conditions. They're ability to battle the elements was a trait they passed to their children, and their childrens' children. Many many generations of those soldiers have battled the most pounding downpours, sometimes even hail. Tonight will be no different. Men women and children of Rebel Nation will unite tonight and once again stave off the ominous rain. It's like Robert E. Lee said right before he lead his troops into the bloodiest battle of recorded history, "God Bless The South Rebels. Put the beatdown on Betsy."

In the Civil War, the confederates had to deal with excruciating weather conditions. They're ability to battle the elements was a trait they passed to their children, and their childrens' children. Many many generations of those soldiers have battled the most pounding downpours, sometimes even hail. Tonight will be no different. Men women and children of Rebel Nation will unite tonight and once again stave off the ominous rain. It's like Robert E. Lee said right before he lead his troops into the bloodiest battle of recorded history, "God Bless The South Rebels. Put the beatdown on Betsy."

Wow!!!!!! You been hittin' Uncle Willy's Southern Comfort and Rebel Yell alittle hard today, huh??

Just incase you forgot??¦as the Battle of Appomattox Courthouse came to an end and General Lee realized he was surrounded and there was nothing left for he and his tired and hungry troops but surrender, he sent a note to General Ulysses Grant asking to meet with him to discuss the terms. I believe his words to his troops would have sounded something like ???drop your weapons boys and put your hands in the air or these darn City boys will kill us all???. Well??¦maybe not in those exact words??¦but that??™s probably real close. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just incase you forgot??¦as the Battle of Appomattox Courthouse came to an end and General Lee realized he was surrounded and there was nothing left for he and his tired and hungry troops but surrender, he sent a note to General Ulysses Grant asking to meet with him to discuss the terms. I believe his words to his troops would have sounded something like ???drop your weapons boys and put your hands in the air or these darn City boys will kill us all???. Well??¦maybe not in those exact words??¦but that??™s probably real close. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

That's great. Everybody be careful going to the games tonight