Cyclones vs. South

nomore

It always seems that Betsy plays South well. At least for a while. Remember last year, a bad Betsy team played WELL over their heads for the first twenty minutes. The last 28, not so much.

Betsy will match up better against South than they did against THS or North. But I still don't see the Cyclones stopping the run. Especially with 3 D-lineman. Its just not gonna happen.

South had an emotional (from what I've seen on here) weekend and will be looking ahead at the Vikes. EHS will jump on them again. But like last year, South will come roaring back.

Key for the Cyclones: NO TURNOVERS!!!

Key for South: Play all 48 minutes (starters at least the first 36)

South - 49

EHS - 28

GO CYCLONES!!!

Starters will play the whole game ....got get ready for Marvul...t

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebs proved last week they they can pound the ball... especially with the other running back to give fletcher some rest, this south team is dangerous... They need to stay focused... conf title 1st, then whomever gets put in front of you in the playoffs... With any luck and alot of hard work by our boys, I am looking forward to a match up with Mo. East possibly and then bringing the Red Raiders to Death Valley for some redemption

I watched THS and Betsy on TV this week, and I saw a Cyclone team that was just man handled. The Cyclone offense has got away from their strength. I dont think they are a gun team, but they do have a couple of good I tailbacks. The Rebels are rolling, getting better every time they take the field. They to will ram the football down Betsys throat. A long wet night ahead for the Cyclones...........Rebels 54 Cyclones 14 ( if Coach C calls off the dogs)

Good Luck to Both

I remember, a Curt Phillips led, Rebel team that went to play Betsy on a wet Friday night, Curt's sophomore year, and barely escaped with a "W". The Rebels need to come prepared ready to play whatever team is across the field taking one game at a time and not looking down the road to a possible matchup with Maryville. Doing otherwise is setting ourselves up for a huge disappointment. GO BLUE. Stay focused on the matchup at hand!

I remember, a Curt Phillips led, Rebel team that went to play Betsy on a wet Friday night, Curt's sophomore year, and barely escaped with a "W". The Rebels need to come prepared ready to play whatever team is across the field taking one game at a time and not looking down the road to a possible matchup with Maryville. Doing otherwise is setting ourselves up for a huge disappointment. GO BLUE. Stay focused on the matchup at hand!

Betsy missed a FG at the end that would have won the game. I think they missed one the year before at South to also lose a close ball game. Betsy has skill people that can hurt South. I personally think the wet field will hurt Betsy more than South with the additional depth at RB the Rebels have and the Rebels line play.

Sorry for the second post but I hit submit too soon.

The starting QB for the THS and Betsy games (the two most important wins of that championship season) was a senior named Hicks (?). The Rebels had a wealth of riches at QB that year and the senior might very well have been the starter if he had not gotten hurt in the summer. CP was hurt in the game before THS and the senior came in and gave a MVP performance - very few programs in NET have that kind of depth at QB. Very fortunate for the Rebels that year.

Sorry for the second post but I hit submit too soon.

The starting QB for the THS and Betsy games (the two most important wins of that championship season) was a senior named Hicks (?). The Rebels had a wealth of riches at QB that year and the senior might very well have been the starter if he had not gotten hurt in the summer. CP was hurt in the game before THS and the senior came in and gave a MVP performance - very few programs in NET have that kind of depth at QB. Very fortunate for the Rebels that year.

Was there someone on the 2005 South squad related to Bart McMillan? I thought his name was Jake.