Henry Co. v. Jackson Northside

chaos001

BTW... not really lookin' ahead but if Fairley and Melrose win out (incl. a Melrose win over East halloween night), then Fairley will win their region based on overall schedule. If East beats Melrose, then East will win the region and Melrose will fall to 3rd behind Fairley..... I think either way Melrose can't win the region unless Fairley loses to Northside (not likely)....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it hasnt come up on this thread for all you Henry County fans worried about our "weak" schedule have you ever looked at Maryvilles or Alcoas schedule? The only good team they play is each other and thats early in the season. Check out their scores. Our schedule is fine. Some of our opponents are weak but they are usually strong. It wont hurt us or help us.

If you really look at our schedule, then you know that it is not a weak one. Granted, we have rolled over everyone that we have played but look at how the other teams have matched up against each other in our region. I think the question is not about our competition but are we this good. Maryville has only one game on their schedule that is even close to their talent and they beat them into oblivion. Our matchups in the playoffs are much tougher than those of maryville, and why is Alcoa being put in the class with us and Maryville, they are a 2a school. Yeah they are good but the level of competition that 4a schools face and 2a schools face is far different. The power of 4a far outweighs that of a 2a schedule. We may not have had a close game but dont be so quick to judge the talent level of our schedule.

If you really look at our schedule, then you know that it is not a weak one. Granted, we have rolled over everyone that we have played but look at how the other teams have matched up against each other in our region. I think the question is not about our competition but are we this good. Maryville has only one game on their schedule that is even close to their talent and they beat them into oblivion. Our matchups in the playoffs are much tougher than those of maryville, and why is Alcoa being put in the class with us and Maryville, they are a 2a school. Yeah they are good but the level of competition that 4a schools face and 2a schools face is far different. The power of 4a far outweighs that of a 2a schedule. We may not have had a close game but dont be so quick to judge the talent level of our schedule.

Please do not compare Alcoa to anyone on Henry County's schedule. I don't care if Alcoa is "only 2a", they are probably one of the top 15-20 teams in the state and would destroy everyone Henry County has played as well. Arguing who you've beaten is pointless at this junction in the season. When the playoffs begin, the only thing is who you have to beat, not who you've already beaten. And for all the talk about Henry County having to beat the Memphis teams, which is no easy task, Maryville most likely will have to go through Sullivan South, who is probably the third best 4a team in the state.

Please do not compare Alcoa to anyone on Henry County's schedule. I don't care if Alcoa is "only 2a", they are probably one of the top 15-20 teams in the state and would destroy everyone Henry County has played as well. Arguing who you've beaten is pointless at this junction in the season. When the playoffs begin, the only thing is who you have to beat, not who you've already beaten. And for all the talk about Henry County having to beat the Memphis teams, which is no easy task, Maryville most likely will have to go through Sullivan South, who is probably the third best 4a team in the state.

Yes Alcoa is definately a great team, but to put them in the class with 5a and most 4a schools is obsurd. I am not taking anything away from them, but they have no competition and lack the depth that larger schools have. I bet you think that Milan is in the top 15 teams in the state as well. We would beat Milan and Alcoa soley because we have more depth than either team. They are great teams, but dont be too quick to rank either team up there with Franklin, MBA, BA, Ensworth, Hillsboro, Maryville, Henry County, and the list goes on. They are good but not 4a and 5a good.

Yes Alcoa is definately a great team, but to put them in the class with 5a and most 4a schools is obsurd. I am not taking anything away from them, but they have no competition and lack the depth that larger schools have. I bet you think that Milan is in the top 15 teams in the state as well. We would beat Milan and Alcoa soley because we have more depth than either team. They are great teams, but dont be too quick to rank either team up there with Franklin, MBA, BA, Ensworth, Hillsboro, Maryville, Henry County, and the list goes on. They are good but not 4a and 5a good.

I do think they are ranked up there. Probably the only team in 1A 2A or 3A that I would put with the big boys. I think when alcoa is playin there best and we are playin our best they might could beat us. Depth will take you far for a entire season but when it comes down to one game it don't mean anything unless there is an injury. I think sayin a team isn't as good as another team because of class makes no sense. That has to do with the school not the sports team.

I do think they are ranked up there. Probably the only team in 1A 2A or 3A that I would put with the big boys. I think when alcoa is playin there best and we are playin our best they might could beat us. Depth will take you far for a entire season but when it comes down to one game it don't mean anything unless there is an injury. I think sayin a team isn't as good as another team because of class makes no sense. That has to do with the school not the sports team.

Whenever most people talk about how good Alcoa and Milan are, they base their assumptions on if they are good by strictly tradition. Yes Alcoa is good and yes they have great tradition, but when their is so much more depth in a larger school, its hard to keep kids fresh. When Henry County has a fresh set of legs on just about every set of downs, smaller schools can't keep their kids in shape well enough to handle that type of depth. Alcoa is great and they have been for many years, but they can't be ranked up there based on tradition. And another point is that how many of us have actually seen Alcoa play this year? If you think that they would be any match for us then you couldn't have been seeing how our guys have clicking on all cylinders this year.

I don't think he ranked them with those teams RP. I thought he said they could be one of top 15-20 teams. Take the top 5 in 5A and 4A and 3A and place them ahead of Alcoa. Alcoa could be competitive with anybody after that.

Regardless, I could care less about Alcoa/Milan or who HCHS has played. HCHS is looking to wrap up a 1 seed in the Hub City in a few days and that is all they are working for know.

There's not a sane person around that will argue that Maryville isn't annually a top 5 team in the state. Maryville has had one (1) game decided by less that 21 points, beating Alcoa 20-13. I don't care about Alcoa's tradition; it doesn't mean jack to me. But if you go ask anyone in the know from East Tennessee or watch one of their games, you will understand that they are without a doubt one of the top 15 or so teams in the state. I don't care that they're only a 2a school, you play 11 at a time, it doesn't matter. In addition, there's no way I'd put Milan anywhere close to Alcoa. Milan is struggling to beat average teams, if they meet in the championship game they'd lose by 4 td's. Alcoa can play with anybody in the state. Now on to the game at hand.

There's not a sane person around that will argue that Maryville isn't annually a top 5 team in the state. Maryville has had one (1) game decided by less that 21 points, beating Alcoa 20-13. I don't care about Alcoa's tradition; it doesn't mean jack to me. But if you go ask anyone in the know from East Tennessee or watch one of their games, you will understand that they are without a doubt one of the top 15 or so teams in the state. I don't care that they're only a 2a school, you play 11 at a time, it doesn't matter. In addition, there's no way I'd put Milan anywhere close to Alcoa. Milan is struggling to beat average teams, if they meet in the championship game they'd lose by 4 td's. Alcoa can play with anybody in the state. Now on to the game at hand.

Good post. And I went and seen milan play on our bye week against humboldt. If they make it to the championship game I would be very surprised. And I don't think they would even a slim chance against alcoa. But like you said let's move on.

To our friends in Paris, I can tell you first hand, Alcoa is for real. Not really sure how an undefeated Henry County thread got off onto 2A Alcoa, but whatever. I personally cannot comment about the DII schools, because they are not represented in our part of East Tennessee. But, I can certainly comment pretty confidently /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> , on the current schools at 1A,2A,4A, and 5A, statewide. Talking just the public schools, because that's what I know, Alcoa isn't at top 15 team, as some have said. They are top 6 or 7 in Tennessee. Honestly, 11 on 11, they are good. Maryville, well, we all know about them... So, I agree with the Professor above. Move onto the Henry County game.

I'd say good luck to Henry County, but I honestly don't believe in luck. I think we make our own breaks, and then destiny kicks in. Hope you guys make it to the boro. Also, hope this is the year my Sullivan South Rebels climb over the Maryville hurdle (as Maryville is going up in '09).

Rebel Nation