oneida's star players

LoLiPoPman

Yea i know Cleatless one.....Still trying to figure you both out, that's all!!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

keep trying lady!!

Hey Slim, Why aren't you posting on the Alcoa vs Your Rockwood Tigers post. Hmmm could it be you realize the results of throwing stones into a Tornado when you're in its path. Sorry just couldn't resist.

did you talk much smack the week of the Maryville game?????

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Slimpicker....I usually don't respond back to you for a reason....You remind me of TheGraceChristianAcademy....I mean I would figure after your all's DEFEAT by ONEIDA you would quit running your pie hole but I guess not...But if you want to keep getting on here with your stupid remarks that half the time doesn't even make common sense, so be it.

And for the record.....I can do 1000 push-ups in 14 mins and 28 seconds /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hmmm 28-14 does that ring a bell!!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I hate to admit it, but it has been a long time since I have seen the Indians play. So somebody tell me, is this Oneida team going to make a real run in the playoffs? And I need all of you "old timers" like me to give me some comparisons so I have an idea of what kind of team we have here. Is it a 1989 lay the smack down kind of team, or a 1992 team of destiny kind of team, or a 1994 inside, outside, through the air, complete kind of team, or a (sorry...forgot the year) give it to D Lawson and let him run kind of team. OR is this team unique and a whole new experience to watch. Give me something so I am not completely ignorant.

I went to greenback and will definately not be pulling for them if u ask me the only reason they r undefeated is because the teams they have played except for loudon are not having a good year because you don't go from winning one or two games a year to all of them just like that. If oneida will come out in the first quarter and attack early and score before the kees know what hit them they will win but if greenback goes up by at least two tds the kees will take the game.

Why such hard feelings? To say Greenback hasn't played anyone is crazy Loudon AA, Union Co. AAA, Harriman (always strong), West Greene AA, strength rank 4th schedule rank 45th. You are right about one thing it didn't "just happen" these boys have worked their a@! off and deserve respect you should be the first in line. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hate to admit it, but it has been a long time since I have seen the Indians play. So somebody tell me, is this Oneida team going to make a real run in the playoffs? And I need all of you "old timers" like me to give me some comparisons so I have an idea of what kind of team we have here. Is it a 1989 lay the smack down kind of team, or a 1992 team of destiny kind of team, or a 1994 inside, outside, through the air, complete kind of team, or a (sorry...forgot the year) give it to D Lawson and let him run kind of team. OR is this team unique and a whole new experience to watch. Give me something so I am not completely ignorant.

I got a better Idea, just come Halloween night and watch what should be one great game. You can then tell us what you think of both teams.

Brisco,

This Oneida reminds me of the 89 team with quick athletic linebackers and a strong line. The secondary play is solid and they will lay the wood. I feel we have not seen all the offense can do. They have a strong, good technique line with a group of outstanding backs that individually bring alot to the team. The QB has developed into a really good player who will not get you beat and will deliver a timely throw when needed to a good group of receivers. This team is well coached as was the 89 team. The one attribute that really reminds me of the 89 group from a casual fan standpoint is that it appears from the outside looking in that it does not matter to the players who gets the credit or (glory) if you will. Much of this comes from the coaches who seem to be bringing that attitude back after being absent for a while. Coach B started the train rolling in the right direction again and TL and stoked the furnace and has brought in asst. coaches who are 100% committed to his mission for his program.

All said, this is only one persons opinion.

Hey Slimpicker....I usually don't respond back to you for a reason....You remind me of TheGraceChristianAcademy....I mean I would figure after your all's DEFEAT by ONEIDA you would quit running your pie hole but I guess not...But if you want to keep getting on here with your stupid remarks that half the time doesn't even make common sense, so be it.

And for the record.....I can do 1000 push-ups in 14 mins and 28 seconds /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hmmm 28-14 does that ring a bell!!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Is this really The Grace Christians Brother ? And i thought you could do 1001 push-ups. Just looking for the BUZZARDS!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Brisco,

This Oneida reminds me of the 89 team with quick athletic linebackers and a strong line. The secondary play is solid and they will lay the wood. I feel we have not seen all the offense can do. They have a strong, good technique line with a group of outstanding backs that individually bring alot to the team. The QB has developed into a really good player who will not get you beat and will deliver a timely throw when needed to a good group of receivers. This team is well coached as was the 89 team. The one attribute that really reminds me of the 89 group from a casual fan standpoint is that it appears from the outside looking in that it does not matter to the players who gets the credit or (glory) if you will. Much of this comes from the coaches who seem to be bringing that attitude back after being absent for a while. Coach B started the train rolling in the right direction again and TL and stoked the furnace and has brought in asst. coaches who are 100% committed to his mission for his program.

All said, this is only one persons opinion.

I appreciate it. That gives me some reference to what is going on. The last time I talked to TL was when he got hired and we talked about bringing back the old work ethic and pride that was there during the Coach May years. Glad to hear he has gotten it done.

Briscoe!!!! How ya been old boy?!?! Listen dude.....you shoulda got a sniff of us by now, heck we have played all over the State. (Watertown, Hampton, next week Greenback) Then again, maybe you were just making sure the boys were worthy of a look, as the record began to grow. (9-0) Hey...that is a legitimate concern. I is really hard to pin this team to any of the others that have gone before it. One reason is the offense resembles today's Spread action type as opposed to the grind and pound Veer we used so effectively in the past. Like some of those teams before them, this years crew has a whole stable of quick and effective runners. (there is at least 5 top shelf ball carriers on this team) And although there isn't anyone quite on the level as D. Lawson, the Woodard Kid (Sam) has the speed and elusiveness that kind of reminds you of Derek. I do know when he touches the ball, people in the stands start to rise out of their seats pretty quickly. (remind you of anyone /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) The Linemen are very good because the have some size and, most importantly, they are athletic. I remember the '92 Team's line was huge and moved well. This team isn't as big, but they certainly can move as quickly as that one. The linebackers this year won't scare you with their size, but they all appear to relish the hitting aspect of football. They all remind me of D. Pike. And, as I recall, he was the MLB on that championship team. The secondary is athletic, but they sometimes (very rarely) have a tendency to have a bust that leads to a big play for the other team. However, the closer the game is the better they seem to play and they are great coverage one on one. Lot of bodies get time in the secondary (with no noticable drop off), so they usually have fresh legs. The QB make Oneida hard to stop. He reads very well, and he handles the ball very well on mis-direction plays. Very rare for him to flub an exchange with his backs. Of course most people think we are weak with our passing, but I will say this....we don't pass that much because we haven't really had to at this point. We get a two or three touchdown lead in the fourth quarter and your going to get a steady dose of clock eating runs. It very well may not look pretty, but with TL's D.....few teams are going to have the goods to get two scores against him that late. Plus, Torrey can throw effectively if they ever need him to.....his passing stats are usually 3-6 or 4-7 or 2-3 for anywhere from 40 to 90 yards. If you doubled his production he might get you a 9 - 14 for 175. (but as I have stated, they haven't needed that)(the RB's are that good)

How will they finish: Gosh, I wish I knew! They can win every game into the fourth round (So. Pitt or TC), and then they are going to have to continue to perform at a high level in that one. They have just the things you need to beat those two. (ball control offense and a athletic, fast Defense) Will they? I don't know, but I am definitely going to be there to watch. By the time that game rolls around, I'll know if the "echos" will rise. Keep in touch this time, Briscoe!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />