Gleason @ South Fulton

Devil_Alumni

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next friday will probly be the last chance for the Red Devils to lock up a playoff spot. Gleason will come into the game riding high. If SF doesnt get it together they will see that playoff picture fading away from their grasps.

I think i already know the answer to most but whats everyones opinion on this game?

Devi...Still a lot of football to be played...I'm not sure how things are going to shake up..We can finish any where from 2nd,3rd,4th and not even make the playoffs still....If South Fulton beats Gleason..would probably be better for Lake Co..assumming Gleason was to lose again to Union City...And if Lake Co were to beat Greenfield...And if yall then lost to McKenzie..Would put Lake Co 3rd...But if Lake Co beats McKenzie Friday night..has a chance for 2nd..If South Fulton wins against Gleason and beats McKenzieand Lake Co loses 1 of their games..the Red Devils could still finish 2nd..As for South Fulton winning over Gleason and making making it better for Lake Co..I'm talking about a higher seeding..But it could also be worse..If Gleason loses to yall...beats Union City and we lose to McKenzie...Lake Co will stay home..So as far as maybe making the playoffs..Lake Co would probably need Gleason to win...Yall lose again next week to McKenzie ...And if Lake Co were to lose to McKenzie..Would have to beat Greenfield to get in...I'm not sure if I typed it all right..Wow..Just too many ways this could still go..McKenzie could even drop to the 3rd or 4th spot..!Ever how it turns out..My mind is hurting..Only thing we'll know is we'll all have a clearer picture after this week..But even next week is going to tell the fate for 1 or 2 of our teams!

Next friday will probly be the last chance for the Red Devils to lock up a playoff spot. Gleason will come into the game riding high. If SF doesnt get it together they will see that playoff picture fading away from their grasps.

I think i already know the answer to most but whats everyones opinion on this game?

I put up a post but didn't really answer your post...South Fulton really has to come and play this Friday night with a purpose...Gleason has a fine team..The night we played..it had rained earlier that day and Carlos and Dominic didn't have many touches..I only remember him touching the ball twice that night..They are #18 and #5..We ran the big lineman..about 250 lbs..about 20 times that night..I have no idea why we ran the offense the way we did that night..And the other running back ,#20 didn't play at all..Sat out from having a concussion..I'm assumming Carlos was hurt..But..Gleason won so that's just the way the ball bounces..But again..Gleason has a fine team..But..South Fulton can beat them if they really bring their A game..Should be a good game..Good luck to yall!

This could be a close game, or it could be a blowout in Gleason's favor. Gleason is a good team with good speed. I believe that South Fulton will have their two lineman back from Europe, so they will be at full strength again. I really think that South Fulton will give Gleason a game, but Gleason will pull it out in the end.

I haven't actually seen South Fulton play this season so it's hard to have a educated opinion on a winner.

But, I have seen Gleason play and they are a capable team. They are a strong, quick hitting team that will come right at you but, when you tee off on that they will throw it and burn you. Kind of a smash mouth bunch with some finesse. They gave my Rebels all they wanted for 3 1/2 quarters. And the Bulldogs are on a big time roll right now. South Fulton has it's work cut out for this week. They can get it done but, it's gonna take a 100% effort.

Forced to pick, I'd have to say Gleason wins this one in a very close game.

Its really about how South Fulton carries themselves into this game. If they let these two losses get into their heads then it could get ugly in a hurry. If we put this behind us and got to work this week then i think it will be a pretty close game, but we gotta get the ball to Avent more than 8 times a game. If we do this we can make it a game. Im not picking a winner in this one but good luck to both teams.

Its really about how South Fulton carries themselves into this game. If they let these two losses get into their heads then it could get ugly in a hurry. If we put this behind us and got to work this week then i think it will be a pretty close game, but we gotta get the ball to Avent more than 8 times a game. If we do this we can make it a game. Im not picking a winner in this one but good luck to both teams.

go get ti done south fulton /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If anyone had gotten on this board before the season and boldly predicted that South Fulton would be 6-2 3-2 and in position,with one win,to get into the playoffs,people would have laughed you off CoachT....SF will really have to play a good game to get by Gleason...They are playing now like they were predicted to in the pre-season...It's been mentioned that the Devils are not over the UC loss yet...Probably true...But that's what happens to kids that are not used to winning....It takes time..These kids haven't won alot in anything including basketball and baseball....SF has a coach in place that is going to change this program around if some other bigger school doesn't come along and hire him away from SF....This guy has almost performed a miracle in the very short time he has been at the school..He has some good athletes coming up from junior high so they have some building blocks...Fan interest is back and Spivey could probably ask for anything right now and get it....I know it must be frustrating to be 6-0 and now be struggling to get in the playoffs..Next season when the new schedules come out he may want to look at trying to move some teams around on the schedule so it's not so top-heavy...Maybe the return of the two linemen will help...It can't hurt...I agree with the SF posters on here that Avent needs more touches...I want SF to win this game..I just don't see it happening...

Gleason-27

SF-19

This could be a close game, or it could be a blowout in Gleason's favor. Gleason is a good team with good speed. I believe that South Fulton will have their two lineman back from Europe, so they will be at full strength again. I really think that South Fulton will give Gleason a game, but Gleason will pull it out in the end.

The two absentee players wouldnt play if the coach does the right thing and I think he will. I am impressed with what Coach Spivey has done in one year. The guy has alot of class and will do whats best for the team in the long run. The two players threw the coach and the team under the bus. I really dont think it will matter if they play because Gleason is peaking and South Fulton is not.

Gleason by 14

The two absentee players wouldnt play if the coach does the right thing and I think he will. I am impressed with what Coach Spivey has done in one year. The guy has alot of class and will do whats best for the team in the long run. The two players threw the coach and the team under the bus. I really dont think it will matter if they play because Gleason is peaking and South Fulton is not.

Gleason by 14

Although I don't agree with the trip, this was planned and out of the coaches hands THIS year. He has said it would be different next year. The two kids had the trips already paid for and it would not be right to punish them for what was planned before Spivey was even the coach. They should play this week and they will make a difference. We have to get some offense going or we will not win another game.

Gleason by 14

The coach knew these kids were not gonna play all year...He could have dealt with it before now...Don't you think the blame that's going to be laid on these kids will be punishment enough??...Plus this all was scheduled before Spivey got there....They can deal with how they will handle it in the future from here on out..He has already said it won't happen again..What's done is done...SF will need every warm blooded body they have Friday night...Their season is on the line...