I miss old school DII

VandyHoosiers

The regular season games with CBHS and MUS were awesome, getting to go to Memphis once or twice a season was a treat and you knew that entire drive down 40W that you were in for a dog fight.

Seeing MBA or Ensworth vs MUS would be a treat and it's a shame that TN HS football fans don't get to see it until the playoffs.

Yes, those are some good games that have gone by the wayside, but it certainly has been better travel-wise the last two seasons. For the Chattanooga-Memphis schools, that's at least one 10-hour round trip averted per year.

A bigger shame is that the DII-AA finals aren't televised. If the final pairing turns out expected (I see a couple of scenarios), we're likely looking at two of the best five teams in the entire state, if not the two best teams.

On a DII-AA note, while there are a couple of games versus DI schools left (EHS vs. Warren County, McCallie vs. Tyler), DII-AA has enjoyed another successful year versus DI. After going 19-4 in 2006 and 39-13 in 2007 versus DI schools, DII-AA schools are 37-7 in 2008 (14-2 vs. 5A, 5-0 vs. 4A, 4-4 vs. 3A, 12-1 vs. 2A, 2-0 vs. 1A). Also, there appears to be a strong possibility that, for the 12th time in 12 tries, the DII-AA champion will have swept all of its DI opponents.

Yes, those are some good games that have gone by the wayside, but it certainly has been better travel-wise the last two seasons. For the Chattanooga-Memphis schools, that's at least one 10-hour round trip averted per year.

A bigger shame is that the DII-AA finals aren't televised. If the final pairing turns out expected (I see a couple of scenarios), we're likely looking at two of the best five teams in the entire state, if not the two best teams.

On a DII-AA note, while there are a couple of games versus DI schools left (EHS vs. Warren County, McCallie vs. Tyler), DII-AA has enjoyed another successful year versus DI. After going 19-4 in 2006 and 39-13 in 2007 versus DI schools, DII-AA schools are 37-7 in 2008 (14-2 vs. 5A, 5-0 vs. 4A, 4-4 vs. 3A, 12-1 vs. 2A, 2-0 vs. 1A). Also, there appears to be a strong possibility that, for the 12th time in 12 tries, the DII-AA champion will have swept all of its DI opponents.

That's gonna make us a lot friends.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I suggest you go in hiding once the DI guys read this.....they don't like facts..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

C'mon KW. Lets see your scenarios.

Post 'em here:

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...81236&st=24

Those things look way too much like math for me be very good with them.

One interesting thing about DII playoffs is that it's common to have to play a team a second time during the playoffs. While not impossible, it certainly is difficult.

Oh yeah! Well no DII team has beaten Muryville yet. What's that? Muryville won't play any DII teams. Like I said, no DII team has beaten Muryville.

Back to the topic. I miss those 10 hour round trips to Memphis. But on the other hand, we've replaced them with trips to Florida and North Carolina. I think it's a clever conspiracy by the TSSAA to make us spend our endowment.

The raw numbers are impressive but I am not sure they prove much. It is better than it was for a while but a lot of the traditional D1 powers still don't (or won't) play the top D2 teams. However, you can't blame the D2 schools for that.

The raw numbers are impressive but I am not sure they prove much. It is better than it was for a while but a lot of the traditional D1 powers still don't (or won't) play the top D2 teams. However, you can't blame the D2 schools for that.

All it means is that DII-AA is 37-7 versus the teams they've played. Sure, those teams may not all be the best of the best of DI, but they have been in some years.

I'm glad to see Hillsboro buck the trend and renew what was once a great neighborhood rivalry. It would be nice to see Germantown renew with MUS (these teams have played about 40 times) and some of the bigger Chattanooga schools play McCallie and Baylor again.